Sponsored by:

What makes for a great exhaust sound?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Jon@bbexhaust
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wcsinx
Call b.s. if you want, but I have B&B Bullets and they have virtually no drone that is AFTER I installed a Corsa X-pipe. With the factory H-pipe they droned like crazy. Now once I'm up to speed with light throttle, you hardly notice them.
Thanks for the info. We offer X-pipes too.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Tom Keitzer
Instructor

Just love all this chatter about exhaust systems. It is VERY personnal!!!! There are so very many possible combinations that the final sound you achieve is quite variable. Me, I have Kooks long tube headers, no cats, and Borla two tube cat-backs. Very aggressive, but I love it. Does it drone below 1700 RPM. Yup. But I am never there so not an issue at all. Also own an 07 Mustang GT with just Flowmaster cat backs. VERY nice sound but not in the same league as the Vette. Bottom line, go to a Vette rally and just check out the systems us Vette lovers have installed. I am sure there will be may different combos. Just pick one you like. We all love to show them off!!! Better yet go to the gathering in Carlisle, PA if you can. Every possible combo will probably be there. LOL
Old 10-01-2013, 04:51 PM
pete-paz
Instructor

when i bought my 01 it came with Mid America Motorworks Quad Power exhaust. i don't know much about exhaust but when the salesman started the car and i heard it the deal was sealed. it's not super loud but its throaty sounds i wouldn't say it compares to some of the mustangs mentioned above but it works for me.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM
David Shiel
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts
Default I have the same system,

Originally Posted by pete-paz
when i bought my 01 it came with Mid America Motorworks Quad Power exhaust. i don't know much about exhaust but when the salesman started the car and i heard it the deal was sealed. it's not super loud but its throaty sounds i wouldn't say it compares to some of the mustangs mentioned above but it works for me.
MAM Quad Power, and I love these. Not real expensive at all. but a nice mellow, deep sound. Tips look great too. I take some lacquer thinner and clean the inside of the tips to keep them like new.
The other day I saw some kid revving a C5 with real loud pipes and I just had to laugh. Sounded ridiculous. Reminded me of me with my 51 Merc coupe at 16 y/o with Cherry Bomb duals. Did get me L$$d a lot though.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:24 PM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Keitzer
Just love all this chatter about exhaust systems. It is VERY personnal!!!! There are so very many possible combinations that the final sound you achieve is quite variable.
There is nothing more subjective in the automotive world than exhaust sound. It's damn near pointless to even ask on an Internet forum what is a "good" sounding exhaust. You simply have to hear them.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

What makes the best sound, it's cam overlap and a tight LSA.

Quick Reply: What makes for a great exhaust sound?