Sponsored by:

Slight leak! need help! pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 AM
crzydrumer14
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight leak! need help! pic

Hey guys, as the title suggests I have a slight water leak. It happens on both side (drivers and passengers) but not as bad on drivers side. I believe it is coming from the being the little ridge in the corner of the door weather stripping in the picture below. I believe water is running over the ridge and into the cabin down the trim and into the floor board.

any help would be great. Would rather not buy all new weather stripping. Ideas welcome
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM
UM Rebel
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts

Are you sure it's not coming in via HVAC vent. That's pretty common. There are drain **** (I'm sorry, but thats what they remind me of) underneath on both sides that sometimes get clogged up. You can usually unclog them with just a few squeezes.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 AM
crzydrumer14
Racer

Yeah. I was hoping it was that... But I've checked them all and they were all clear... :/
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 AM
crzydrumer14
Racer

Well I think I've found the source of the leak. Looks like its coming in use the window reveal molding. I put rtv in the gap last night in the hopes of sealing it up and may put one more later on tonight. Quick question though, while I've got the entire interior out is there anything I can do and are there any other possible future leak points I can go ahead a rtv?

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Slight leak! need help! pic

Quick Reply: Slight leak! need help! pic