Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

~*~Amazing Just a Bit More Air Can Improve performance as such. VRB2 Install. *Pics

Old 08-10-2013, 02:12 AM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default ~*~Amazing Just a Bit More Air Can Improve performance as such. VRB2 Install. *Pics

I was surprised by the difference a little more Air In can make in HP. Car appeared quicker, more responsive to me with just a bit more air coming into it, I can only imagine what more air out, headers will do~*~

Juan at A & J Melrose Park did the number on me again today with a good deal at a deuce. Replacing that leaky rear axle (Thanks again to Bob, BumbleZ for the suggestions provided, they worked like a charm! Also thanks to Brian Blitz for additional insights.) Thank you gentlemen.

First things first when I arrive, break out the 2X4s to get the car at the height necessary to get her on the lift... Looks like she's going to go back up 1/2" as she's squatted a bit on her own, easy 1/8'' after the 3 weeks coil install.

[IMG][/IMG]

From what I noted the VRB2 isn't the highest quality plastic fitting mold as some of the pieces could be designed a little better and fit snugger. Then again I suppose its the patent design that we all pay through our noses for at approx. $260 plus an additional $70 PowerDuct. There was some cutting & customizing that Juan did in using the old existing fog lamp plastic brackets Vs the ones provided... Once that was done, the upper section was fairly elementary.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Disconnected batteries and started her up after install she ran good from the getgo. Test drove her to see if perhaps I would get some check engine or misfiring but nada, everything was status quo. I did notice the extra 12/15% increase in quickness, responsiveness immediately. Not exactly sure as to why after all there was a similar OEM there? Maybe not as beefier, but does it take in that much more H2O to cause that much of a noticeable giddiup ? UI suppose so. Either way I'm glad its in and done with, on to the next

Oh and special thanks to Dominick for doing the search and locating Michael MGaspari with the new VRB2 unit. Michael thanks again for sending it out UPS as you did. Its greatly appreciated guy. I like it all, we all did good. I recommend the product, wish you well during the install and most of all I'm happy with the end result. Thanks for looking, enjoy your weekend.

Last edited by PeterB; 08-10-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,218 Likes on 13,928 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Congrats on the upgrade to your car.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:50 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Yes, they perform great. I had one on my C5 for years and loved it

You'll want to grab a cleaning kit to service it when needed. They collect a lot of dirt down there.

If you need a cleaning kit let me know. We have them.

Last edited by JW Motorsports; 08-10-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Lookin good Peter B... YES, Add some Long tubes to really wake your up!! I may get flamed for this but, One of my Corvette Bud's down here added the OBX headers, X pipe... you would be surprised at the fit/finish... For the price Peter B you can't beat em. I run the LG Super Pro's myself.. But if you are looking for low cost nice LT's.... Well, just sayin... Love my VRB2!!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Peter - Congrats!

And like I said at SuperDawg, what's next!!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:08 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys.

I received some texts/PMs about doing that VR install myself and not wanting to get my hands dirty hahhaha It's not that, I don't mind if its within my knowledge (I do have a SnapOn tool box, tools, compressor etc) the problem, can't get in under it! You need a lift and that I do not have the luxury of having. Congrats to those that do, what a convenience!

Oh1Z I understand about Heads, Stalls and the like...Been poking around, looking and my gearhead Paisano Dominick's been coaching me. I would not go with less expensive made in China stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that) Good ol USA craftsmanship is more like it mo. What you have is more in tune with what I would like, powercoated SuperPros, Pfadts, even the Street Series is fine but not cheapos. Rather do without and save the $cratch do it when doings better. Know what I mean?

Thanks again enjoy your weekend gentlemen.

PeterB.

PS. Thanks Jeff, we'll see brother. Sway Bars and Links may be on the on deck circle, wink. TTY$

Last edited by PeterB; 08-10-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Torque Obsessed
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts

Looks nice. Just had mine installed this week as well. Like you, I could have done it myself but had other parts to install as well and wanted a before/after dyno of the whole setup. The logistics of taking the car back and forth to the shop was more of an annoyance than paying a few $$ for the install.

Get notified of new replies

To ~*~Amazing Just a Bit More Air Can Improve performance as such. VRB2 Install. *Pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ~*~Amazing Just a Bit More Air Can Improve performance as such. VRB2 Install. *Pics