Active handling almost caused a wreck today

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by dillongurj
yes i think i posted on there as well im really desperate
So, you didn't carry liability insurance?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 AM
wolfgang896
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do but since I been charged with dangers driving the insurance company is going to come after me but if some how I can prove to the court what really happened and that it happens to other people too. That is my only option but since judge didn’t see any other reason for the car to go all over the place he just put me in jail for dangers driving causing death
Get lost Troll..
Old 08-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

The insurance company might drop you for future coverage, but they must back your current liability claims. This troll just fell over the BS barrier.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM
OneCylinder
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Phanni
The insurance company might drop you for future coverage, but they must back your current liability claims. This troll just fell over the BS barrier.
I guess in Canada you're guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

yes i think i posted on there as well im really desperate
I thought you said you were new to this forum thing. Now you say you posted this exact same story in 2009. So, which is it troll?

Last edited by bobeast; 08-13-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:25 AM
dillongurj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bobeast
I thought you said you were new to this forum thing. Now you say you posted this exact same story in 2009. So, which is it troll?
wow dude you are here to help i posted on a forum that was from 2009 it looks like you have lot a time and smarts how about helping me out rather then picking on me.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:02 AM
dillongurj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Phanni
i hope so buy my insurance company keeps sending me bills
Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
Because even when active handling is turned off, the system is still active in the background. When a fault is detected, it can still apply a brake randomly. Had it happen on my '01 Z06 during the 2003 One Lap of America. System was off and the right front brake applied for a second while doing 100+ mph at Road America. Did it every ignition cycle each time the car went over 100 mph on the track. DRM was our sponsor. They called GM powertrain engineers and we were told the only way to completely deactivate the active handling system was to pull the steering position sensor.
I've had a yaw sensor out for a year and a half. Only recently have I had a replacement sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. In that time, I've been turning off the AH/TC system during race events and spirited driving...only to find the system interrupt and do some very odd (and scary) things.

Your post is extremely valuable. If the replacement yaw sensor does not work, I will be disconnecting the steering position sensor. Thank you!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 AM
IceCold30
Advanced

This exact thing happened to me as well about a month back in my 02 Z. I was accelerating at a normal rate from a red light when all of a sudden it felt like my passenger front brake locked for a split second. I was only going about 35 at the time and it didnt pull me all the way into the other lane, but dang sure had me worried to drive too fast and it happen. It didnt throw any codes tho, but now itll throw a service active handling code randomly for a few minutes then its gone. Or a service engine soon code for a few minutes then it disappears. All the advice in this thread is extremely helpful. GLad i came acrossed it. Thanks alot!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Ho0osierdaddy
Instructor

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-jailed-1-ye...nior-1.1232894
Old 08-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Ho0osierdaddy
Instructor

I'm not sure which way I'm leaning as it is his brothers Vette he was driving. Secondly if active handling did cause this it is a tragedy for sure. Heck it's a tragedy either way but if the gentlemen was simply driving and this happened as he says we should all be scared. I think Dillion , that you need to pull that black box ASAP. Have your insurance company do this. If they have to pay and this can prove your innocence the. You need to do so now! If there was another yellow Vette beside you and you were racing or at least started to accelerate too quick and lost control then you need to just pray every day for forgiveness from whatever god you worship. Wish I could help more but that's all I have for you. I just don't understand why your insurance company hasn't pulled the computers yet? Especially if you still have the car.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM
dillongurj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ho0osierdaddy
I'm not sure which way I'm leaning as it is his brothers Vette he was driving. Secondly if active handling did cause this it is a tragedy for sure. Heck it's a tragedy either way but if the gentlemen was simply driving and this happened as he says we should all be scared. I think Dillion , that you need to pull that black box ASAP. Have your insurance company do this. If they have to pay and this can prove your innocence the. You need to do so now! If there was another yellow Vette beside you and you were racing or at least started to accelerate too quick and lost control then you need to just pray every day for forgiveness from whatever god you worship. Wish I could help more but that's all I have for you. I just don't understand why your insurance company hasn't pulled the computers yet? Especially if you still have the car.
My lawyer hired a engineer and I was told by him that because the corvettes battery died and it was in storage for so long that the black box was erased but I remember pulling codes from the corvette that I gave to my lawyer but lawyer said those code probably came on after cuz the engineer couldn't find them but still have the list of those code I will post them shortly. Yeah there was a another corvette which was couple of cars behind me thes where the whole racing theory came from that people said why else were there two corvettes close to each other they were jus there to race and having a borla exhaust doesn't help ether since it was so loud. The prosecutor hand picked witness and bout them forward I wish I could share the witness statement with you guys
Old 08-21-2013, 07:11 PM
OneCylinder
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13
Default Witnesses at Surrey street racing trial describe revving engines prior to fatal crash

AH, TC or EBCS did not cause this "accident".

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67284...tal-crash.html

Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 PM
dillongurj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OneCylinder
AH, TC or EBCS did not cause this "accident".

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67284...tal-crash.html

Hey dude thanks for putting that lick on here that gives me more of a push to prove what really happen and all you guys read is what media says and do u think that is all that was said in court I guess the media forgot to mention the cop who investigated the scene of the "accident" said looking at the tire marks it could be the ABS system at fault. The media also forgot to mention what the first cop at the scene said what I told him happened to the car. Also the mechanic who did the investigation on my car also said it could've have been ABS but media only puts out one side of the story because I would not say anything in my defence to the media because I wanted to prove my incense in the court ALL I GOTTA SAY IS DUDE NO ONE KNOW TILL IT HAPPENS TO THEM AND I WOULD PRAY TO GOD THAT THIS NEVER HAPPENS TO ANYONE EVEN MY WORST ENEMY AND NEVER BELIVE THE MEDIA I FOUND THAT OUT THE HARD WAY
Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 PM
dillongurj
Intermediate

Also jus think if it was jus a Honda accord or something would people think the same way about this accident. The person who said the cars sounded like jets maybe he doesn't know how a corvette with after market exhaust sounds like oh that person also said that he was doing 30km in a 60km zone media didn't mention that either
Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 PM
OneCylinder
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

A Honda could not accelerate itself out of control like the vette did. Neither TC, AH, EBCS or ABS can accelerate the vehicle at all. You accelerated the vehicle out of control. You got off easy, think of poor Mr. Benning and his family. No matter what your vehicle and your control or lack there-of killed Mr. Benning. The witnesses weren't all lying, the press was not out to crucify you, neither the police nor your attorney found any defect with the car and the judge kissed your ***; just ask Mr Benning's son. One year for killing someone, you got the break of a lifetime.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 AM
lawdawg79
Advanced

Well that makes me feel real confident in my car when traveling at triple digits

Get notified of new replies

To Active handling almost caused a wreck today

Old 08-22-2013, 03:39 AM
Laser Guided
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Tagging this topic for future reference. This is why I hate the trend of everything in the automotive world becoming electronic/automated
Old 08-22-2013, 10:52 AM
jans
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

wow, this is scary. It took me a long time to decide to finally buy a Corvette after always wanting one and decided on a C5 vert. It has been fun reading the forum and starting to look at cars, but this issue really scares me. Do all the C5's have AH? Are most of you turning it off each time you drive? Is this problem more likely to happen with early vs late C5's?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 AM
dillongurj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OneCylinder
A Honda could not accelerate itself out of control like the vette did. Neither TC, AH, EBCS or ABS can accelerate the vehicle at all. You accelerated the vehicle out of control. You got off easy, think of poor Mr. Benning and his family. No matter what your vehicle and your control or lack there-of killed Mr. Benning. The witnesses weren't all lying, the press was not out to crucify you, neither the police nor your attorney found any defect with the car and the judge kissed your ***; just ask Mr Benning's son. One year for killing someone, you got the break of a lifetime.
i just have one question for you what would be the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a corvette that was in a accident and was parked on the side of the road all wrecked? would you think it was probably speeding or it was trying to avoid another car who just changed lanes in right front of the corvette.
oh yeah look up "EYEWITNESS Reconstructing Memories"

Quick Reply: Active handling almost caused a wreck today