Sponsored by:

Reppin CF

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:47 AM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reppin CF

I particpated in my first show today. I am usually more of the type to attend but not enter the show. I did thoroughly enjoy the experience. There were 300 Vettes, many of which were very nice. I don't think I am much of a car show type though. I may do some in the future but probably not very frequently.

Here's a video that shows the venue and size of the show. I know you can't see much detail of cars but it was just to get an idea of the layout - the cars stretch all the way around the drive that circles the lake. It was a beautiful day in St. Augustine.

And here's my placard... reppin' the Corvette Forum baby!

Last edited by JaxEagle; 06-16-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,232 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Nice show. Your car looks great - I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed seeing it. Car shows can be a lot of fun, but they are a lot of work too.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:03 AM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Jack,

thanks for the nice reply. If I say so myself, my car was one of the nicer C5's. Being my first show I was a bit nervous that I wasn't worthy of the other cars there. I was amazed at how many nice cars there were but I was probably even more amazed at how many cars there were something that I wouldn't even put in my garage let alone bring to a car show. There was some borderline junk there so I guess I gained confidence that my car can be presented at any car show

I think if CF C5 General Board had a Car Show we would be the mother of all Corvette Shows for C5's.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:13 AM
DonP1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!

I love attending car shows but like you, never really liked entering. Fear of losing I guess. My wife convinced me to enter my 2011 Challenger at ChallengerFest and I took first place for the modified division and a $500 gift certificate for parts which was very cool.

Why am I here? I just picked up a 2000 Corvette last night exact same color as yours, but likely in a lot worse mechanical shape. Needs a lot of work and a good engine bay cleaning before it will be show ready.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

I did the show circuit years ago. The surprising thing was what lengths people would go to win a plastic trophy. I finally walked away as it ended up that I lost all enjoyment of it. Today I will enter some shows. The reason... I get a great parking place and usually get a new t-shirt. I go, wipe the car down and enjoy. No massive stress, no 3 hours of sweating the detailing. I enjoy the show, talk to people. I go with no intentions of winning as the shows have evolved to participant voting, which means that usually the winners are from whatever club has the greatest attendance or whomever happens to be the most popular. Cynical, I guess, but it is the reality I see. So, go to the shows and enjoy doing whatever makes you happy.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:14 AM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DonP1
Nice!

I love attending car shows but like you, never really liked entering. Fear of losing I guess. My wife convinced me to enter my 2011 Challenger at ChallengerFest and I took first place for the modified division and a $500 gift certificate for parts which was very cool.

Why am I here? I just picked up a 2000 Corvette last night exact same color as yours, but likely in a lot worse mechanical shape. Needs a lot of work and a good engine bay cleaning before it will be show ready.
Don, congrats on the '00 NBM. Now show us a few pics so we know where you are starting. Sounds like you will have that thing looking great in no time.

What mechanical work are you planning?

Give us details. Congrats again and welcome to the Corvette fun!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 AM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ron C!
I did the show circuit years ago. The surprising thing was what lengths people would go to win a plastic trophy. I finally walked away as it ended up that I lost all enjoyment of it. Today I will enter some shows. The reason... I get a great parking place and usually get a new t-shirt. I go, wipe the car down and enjoy. No massive stress, no 3 hours of sweating the detailing. I enjoy the show, talk to people. I go with no intentions of winning as the shows have evolved to participant voting, which means that usually the winners are from whatever club has the greatest attendance or whomever happens to be the most popular. Cynical, I guess, but it is the reality I see. So, go to the shows and enjoy doing whatever makes you happy.
Ron,

You hit the nail right on the head. I wasn't going to say it but that is exactly the case. Whatever clubs vote for their fellow club members take home the trophies, regardless of what the car is. I saw it clearly in action yesterday. My car and my dad's were clearly near the top of the C3 and C5 classes, however this show doesn't distinquish amongst class. We were also both clearly top 40 overall but the Vettes at the Villages, FL and Jax Corvette Club and Flagler County Corvette Club took home all the trophies. Oh well, no bigger.

I agree, the correct approach is to go there with intent of enjoying looking at cars and talking to fellow car people.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,296 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

That's a great car show! Thanks for posting!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:52 AM
3318C5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Randy GREAT job representing the forum & NE FL!!! Your car looks great, I hate that I missed this show. I've now missed it for the last 6 years...

I was intending to go this year & I just found out on Wed of this week that it was on the weekend... I definitely plan on going next year. Here is a pic of mine last time I attended & I actually won...LOL!!

Last edited by 3318C5; 06-16-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:31 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 3318C5
Randy GREAT job representing the forum & NE FL!!! Your car looks great, I hate that I missed this show. I've now missed it for the last 6 year...

I was intending to go this year & I just found out on Wed of this week that it was on the weekend... I definitely plan on going next year. Here is a pic of mine last time I attended & I actually won...LOL!!
that's 6 years ago to the day.

What a great photo. Sweet stance, sun reflecting on the Anniv. Red and the CCW's make that an amazing shot!

by the way Happy Father's Day to all!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:11 PM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a beautiful NBM vette there.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:56 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,253 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

I have a love/hate thing going on when I go to a Show. Alot of
good charities to support, sometimes you run into a real vette
guy who knows alot about vettes and I can learn something.
Alot of politics and good ol boy winners. Judges that know little
or nothing about vettes or cars. A example I was at a vette show
and I was in a modified class. The lady judge looks at my 5 point
rollbar and asks "WHAT is it?", then did it come from the factory??
The judges ran in teams and her second explained rollbars to her.
I got second in modified. But boy was my eyes spinning around
with her questions........................
Sometimes it's not easy to enjoy the show.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:11 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Super cool!

Thanks,Matt
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by damilleniumboy
You have a beautiful NBM vette there.
Gracias!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by road pilot
I have a love/hate thing going on when I go to a Show. Alot of
good charities to support, sometimes you run into a real vette
guy who knows alot about vettes and I can learn something.
Alot of politics and good ol boy winners. Judges that know little
or nothing about vettes or cars. A example I was at a vette show
and I was in a modified class. The lady judge looks at my 5 point
rollbar and asks "WHAT is it?", then did it come from the factory??
The judges ran in teams and her second explained rollbars to her.
I got second in modified. But boy was my eyes spinning around
with her questions........................
Sometimes it's not easy to enjoy the show.
Exactly right!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:08 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sign me ....

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
Jack,

thanks for the nice reply. If I say so myself, my car was one of the nicer C5's. Being my first show I was a bit nervous that I wasn't worthy of the other cars there. I was amazed at how many nice cars there were but I was probably even more amazed at how many cars there were something that I wouldn't even put in my garage let alone bring to a car show. There was some borderline junk there so I guess I gained confidence that my car can be presented at any car show

I think if CF C5 General Board had a Car Show we would be the mother of all Corvette Shows for C5's.
Plus we get to meet the **** out of everyone
Old 06-16-2013, 08:26 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Wow, that dark blue really shows the lines well, the wheels are a great offset to the color.

Get notified of new replies

To Reppin CF

Old 06-16-2013, 09:40 PM
DonP1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
Don, congrats on the '00 NBM. Now show us a few pics so we know where you are starting. Sounds like you will have that thing looking great in no time.

What mechanical work are you planning?

Give us details. Congrats again and welcome to the Corvette fun!
Thanks.

I thought I had posted a thread in the Intro's forum but I can't find it any more. Mine was clean but we had some light rain showers that gave it water spots all over. I'll do that thread over again.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JETninja
Wow, that dark blue really shows the lines well, the wheels are a great offset to the color.
Thanks Jet! The lines combined with stance of this car are one of it's better features I think.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:05 PM
mxz800
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JaxEagle you have one nice looking Corvette, but then again I think all Corvettes are nice.

I won't say that I'll never enter a car show (The whole never say never bit). I got the Pace Car because I love the car right down to the yellow rims I don't need to show it off, or deal with all the DRAMA that goes with being in a car show.

I have nothing against people that go every weekend to a car show its just not my thing.

Quick Reply: Reppin CF