Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels On a budget

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Christee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. Glad I started this thread. Saved me a lot of time, trouble and money.

Now onto painted calipers and new brakes and rotors.

Any suggestions where to go for painted calipers? Guy at wheel repair quoted $240 for all.
Before suggesting I do it myself- I'm paint challenged and will not do that again. Did it to my TA before and it sucked.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Christee
Thank you. Glad I started this thread. Saved me a lot of time, trouble and money.

Now onto painted calipers and new brakes and rotors.

Any suggestions where to go for painted calipers? Guy at wheel repair quoted $240 for all.
Before suggesting I do it myself- I'm paint challenged and will not do that again. Did it to my TA before and it sucked.
There are various vendors on here that have an "exchange" program. They send the powder coated calipers to you. You put them on and send the old ones back to them as a core. Most I think also powder coat the caliper bracket too. It looks great !

I'm not sure what vendors do that though. I know at least 1 guy that did that in our group. I would open a new thread asking who does it on the forum, and ask for pricing etc....

I would compare the prices here to the $240 you got locally. See what works best for you.

Toque

Quick Reply: Wheels On a budget