Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Heads and Cam are definitely on the way BUT in the mean time... TB/Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

To the OP - there's more info here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...manifolds.html

And here:
http://www.tpis.com/pages/2_17_06
Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 PM
K-n
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skyavonee
Thanks -- great read. I'm especially impressed by the lingenfelter data comparing a TPIS 90/LS2 with a Fast and seeing 4HP/1TQ difference.

Staying with the stock LS6 (modified) means stock fuel rails and such... Much cheaper (and easier)...
Old 07-13-2013, 06:45 PM
0Tony Mamo @ AFR
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

Someone linked me to this thread....

Honestly Ive written enough on this subject to span a pretty good sized book from cover to cover.

Google Tony Mamo FAST and be prepared to have alot of time if you truly want to get a clearer picture.

The abbreviated version....

A ported LS6 with a big snout is like polishing a turd....looks nicer but its still a turd. You cant address all the REAL short comings of the design....plenum too small.....poor entry ways into the runners themselves.....the runners are too small and don't have the proper taper/volume.....the real meat and potato's of manifold design.

A properly ported FAST will make 15-18 more RWHP that the large mouth LS6/LS2 units (modified for the larger TB). The size of the entry way plays a minimal role in the manifold design.....hell a ported FAST 78 would make 10-12 more than the 90 mm modified stocker because the FAST has it where it counts.

Find a high powered LS ride on this board and others and look to see a FAST intake on it.....its expensive....agreed....but its still the best and arguably the only game in town if your serious about getting gains from your intake swap.

Spend more and get more and this way you wont be like 50% of the others that go back and do the swap again (the right way with a FAST) wasting more money and time then if they had just saved longer and done it right the first time.

If your running good heads treat yourself to a good induction so you can get the most out of them.....A ported 92 that I do is worth about 25 RWHP over an LS1/LS2 baseline.....a ported 102 worth about 30 RWHP.....those are some serious gains.

This is an expensive hobby guys.....and unfortunately $$$$ usually separate how committed to it you are.

Save longer and do it right.....no regrets and cheaper in the long run because if I had a dollar for everyone that goes back in search of what they left on that table the first time I would be a wealthy man.

If I can help you with an induction system, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it

Cheers,
Tony

PS.....Classic shot....the amount of plastic I remove from a single FAST 102 port job....slightly more comes out of a 90/92 mm piece

Doing some Flowbench R&D on the 102 FAST

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 07-13-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
done it right the first time.
Words to live by !
Good post Tony !

Toque
Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 PM
SDS Photography
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to re-hijack this thread but a 102 would be overkill on a LS6 with just P&P heads and Lts, right?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Heads and Cam are definitely on the way BUT in the mean time... TB/Intake?