Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any insurance professionals here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:03 AM
speedo2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any insurance professionals here?

I received a call this morning from our friends asking if I had looked at my Corvette since last Thursday night. I had not, as we arrived home late after a cook out with friends in the western suburbs. These friends live in a very nice home on a cul-de-sac street in a golf course community. Seemed to be a safe environment.

We went to a Fourth of July cookout on yhere and all of the cars at the party got key scratched. As far as i know about six cars in all. Must have been more than one perp as we all have at least three panels damaged. I was honored to get four

I know that I can call my ins. co for answers but just thought I would vent here as I just now discovered the damage.

My car was parked on the homes driveway all the way up to the garage door. No where near the street. I know my comprehensive will cover the repair but what about the home owners insurance plan? Should I seek out their help. Would they pay and I not have to use mine?

Funny thing is we have always carried the highest available deductibles on all our cars. Usually no collision or comp. the older ones to save money. For some reason on this I Corvette I decided that a $50.00 deductible on comprehensive coverage might be a good idea.

So what do you think, should I call the hosts and see or just turn it in to my ins. co.? Also should I get a police report or is it too late for that.

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Ron71
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by speedo2
I received a call this morning from our friends asking if I had looked at my Corvette since last Thursday night. I had not, as we arrived home late after a cook out with friends in the western suburbs. These friends live in a very nice home on a cul-de-sac street in a golf course community. Seemed to be a safe environment.

We went to a Fourth of July cookout on yhere and all of the cars at the party got key scratched. As far as i know about six cars in all. Must have been more than one perp as we all have at least three panels damaged. I was honored to get four

I know that I can call my ins. co for answers but just thought I would vent here as I just now discovered the damage.

My car was parked on the homes driveway all the way up to the garage door. No where near the street. I know my comprehensive will cover the repair but what about the home owners insurance plan? Should I seek out their help. Would they pay and I not have to use mine?

Funny thing is we have always carried the highest available deductibles on all our cars. Usually no collision or comp. the older ones to save money. For some reason on this I Corvette I decided that a $50.00 deductible on comprehensive coverage might be a good idea.

So what do you think, should I call the hosts and see or just turn it in to my ins. co.? Also should I get a police report or is it too late for that.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear about your car.

Unfortunately, the homeowners will not cover the damage to the vehicles. You will need to report to your auto insurance company.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 AM
JBVETT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In most situations insurance always follows the vehicle. Definitely call the police and get a copy of the report, then in the event they catch the guy(s) you have your report to pursue litigation against him.

Get notified of new replies

To Any insurance professionals here?

Quick Reply: Any insurance professionals here?