Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Northern California Corbeau Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
FlyUSAF2002
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern California Corbeau Seats?

Hi everybody -

I'm hoping that someone near the bay area has a set of Corbeau A4's installed in their car. I know it's a lot to ask, but I am trying to sit in some installed A4's before I make the plunge and move on a set of my own!

My stock seats rock back and forth, the forward/aft motor stalls in various parts of the track, and the bolsters are flat ... in other words, I've got to do something about these seats, and a set of A4's might just be the ticket.

I'm willing to drive to you to demo the seats - I don't want to inconvenience anyone, I just want to see what will work!

Thanks in advance,
Andy in Fairfield, CA
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Jondamnit
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to fix your rocking seats, let me know. in Vacaville... It's pretty easy to do yourself. Also you might contact this guy. Oregon is a bit far to go but he might be able to give you some ideas for seat mods and adjustments you can do when you get your A4's... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ure-heavy.html

Last edited by Jondamnit; 06-11-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm in San Ramon...have the A4's in my 2003 Z06. Hit me up.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:25 PM
FlyUSAF2002
Advanced

Hi MotoJB -

Thanks! I am a deployed Air Force member, currently serving in the Middle East. When all goes well, I will be back in California in a month or so. I appreciate your offer, and I'll definitely PM you when I get home to come get a look at your seats!

Hi Jon - thanks for the advice.

I have tried to fix the seats! I bought the Corvette Rocking seat-fix kit from Zip (It was few nylon washers and an Allen Key). I had Corvette Express install it - they are really nice folks, but I wasn't happy with the work. When I got my car back, some of wires and plugs that used to be hidden under the seat were now visible, and the seat still rocked!

So - is my seat still "easy" to fix? I know there is another kit that offers upgraded flanges, however, at that point, I might use a rebuilder like C & S Corvettes in Florida or Dino's Corvette Salvage...

Also, when you said my seat was easy to fix - were you just talking about the rocking, or the forward/aft motor and the dead bolsters too?

I appreciate your input.

Andy

Last edited by FlyUSAF2002; 06-12-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Andy... Allow me to save you the trouble.. Just buy the A4's... I had similar issues with my factory Z06 seats... Was one of the best thins I have added to this date... not to mention MotoJB's car is hideous... and you don't want to ride in it..
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Jondamnit
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyUSAF2002
Hi MotoJB -

Thanks! I am a deployed Air Force member, currently serving in the Middle East. When all goes well, I will be back in California in a month or so. I appreciate your offer, and I'll definitely PM you when I get home to come get a look at your seats!

Hi Jon - thanks for the advice.

I have tried to fix the seats! I bought the Corvette Rocking seat-fix kit from Zip (It was few nylon washers and an Allen Key). I had Corvette Express install it - they are really nice folks, but I wasn't happy with the work. When I got my car back, some of wires and plugs that used to be hidden under the seat were now visible, and the seat still rocked!

So - is my seat still "easy" to fix? I know there is another kit that offers upgraded flanges, however, at that point, I might use a rebuilder like C & S Corvettes in Florida or Dino's Corvette Salvage...

Also, when you said my seat was easy to fix - were you just talking about the rocking, or the forward/aft motor and the dead bolsters too?

I appreciate your input.

Andy
First, Thanks for your service!
The rocking seat is what I was refering to. If your seat still rocks you'll need to determine if it's the worm gear carrige that's loose or the seat motor areas. I used nylon washers that were too thick to install, then sanded them down to where they would just barely squeeze into the carrige. The seat track/worm gear is rock solid... My passenger seat just started rocking a bit but I'm thinking it's the motor area is the issue this time. My son likes to play with it way too much.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:53 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
Andy... Allow me to save you the trouble.. Just buy the A4's... I had similar issues with my factory Z06 seats... Was one of the best thins I have added to this date... not to mention MotoJB's car is hideous... and you don't want to ride in it..
LMAO...awesome.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 AM
FlyUSAF2002
Advanced

To all -

No worries on the service - thanks for paying the bills. Jet fuel isn't cheap...

As I mentioned above, I had Corvette Express install the new washers into the "carriage" and the seat is still rocking. It must be the motors, as you suggested.

MotoJB - if it's okay with you, I'd love to come check out your seats when I'm home in July. I'll PM when we get closer to that date and try to set something up. If I fit into an A4, I'll get serious about buying/installing my own.

Jon - If I don't fit, then I think I am going to remove my seat, and ship the track of to C&S Corvettes (Florida) or Dino's Corvette Salvage. Both services have said they will make my track as good as new. I might get in touch with you if I can't get the seat out - I might need some advice!

For both of you guys - where do you get service done on your car? The folks at Corvette Express are really friendly, but I wasn't thrilled with the work they did. The seat wasn't re-installed properly after they put the new washers in, and the HVAC repair they didn't isn't great... it's still pretty dim. Do either of you have a shop that you really like?

Thanks!
Andy
Old 06-22-2013, 03:30 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We've replaced alot of rocking seats with the A4s including MotoJBs.. if your looking for a set give me a call and we'll take care of you. There is NO better upgrade for the C5 IMO... it's nice not to slide back and forth in your seat

Also, right now we're having a promo where we are giving away a set of TPS Seat Savers with every set of Microsuede or Leather reclining Corbeau seats purchased
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TPSMak
We've replaced alot of rocking seats with the A4s including MotoJBs.. if your looking for a set give me a call and we'll take care of you. There is NO better upgrade for the C5 IMO... it's nice not to slide back and forth in your seat

Also, right now we're having a promo where we are giving away a set of TPS Seat Savers with every set of Microsuede or Leather reclining Corbeau seats purchased
TPS SEAT SAVERS??? Where are mine?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:29 AM
FlyUSAF2002
Advanced

Hi TPSMak,

When I wrote you a private message about A4 seats on June 11th, you replied:

"Unfortunately at this time we are not carrying Corbeau seats."

So what's up? Now you are carrying Corbeau's? Please advise!

Thanks,
Andy in Northern California
Old 06-25-2013, 11:16 AM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If your waste size is 38" or larger I would say those seats are not for you...real nice seats but they are a little narrow. (jmo)
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by FlyUSAF2002
Hi TPSMak,

When I wrote you a private message about A4 seats on June 11th, you replied:

"Unfortunately at this time we are not carrying Corbeau seats."

So what's up? Now you are carrying Corbeau's? Please advise!

Thanks,
Andy in Northern California
Yes we are carrying them again
Old 06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!
If your waste size is 38" or larger I would say those seats are not for you...real nice seats but they are a little narrow. (jmo)

Or if you have a small waist and broad shoulders like me. They are very uncomfortable
Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Do they make better options for the larger fits?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:19 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 388 Posts

What is a seat saver?
Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
What is a seat saver?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:26 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BACNBLK
Do they make better options for the larger fits?

For a C5 there are no other options that fit easily than the A4. The CR1 and LG1 are a little wider than the A4 and will fit the C6.

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
What is a seat saver?
Originally Posted by WKMCD
They are universal seat covers that will help keep your seats in great shape.

Get notified of new replies

To Northern California Corbeau Seats?

Quick Reply: Northern California Corbeau Seats?