Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help. I drive to fast and agressive

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 06:55 AM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Personally I would never post such a question on this forum. You may not have been flamed as hard in the Autocross and Road racing forum.

But, I will defend the OP! Everyone's definition of aggresive driving is different. If I see an opening in the passing lane, I'll pass on the right and merge back left. The Prius, Leaf or Insight driver may view that as aggressive with their cruise controls set at the limit, but I don't. I see nothing wrong with some occasional hard acceleration and run up to the century mark on the speedometer...conditions permitting.

Every Monday morning I make a weekly treck from So Jersey to Allentown in PA, 80+ miles. The flow of traffic on Rte 476 is about 10 to 15 MPH over the posted limits. The "herd" is going faster than some people ever do on this forum!

I've owned my Z for over 7 years and halfway into that I bagan to consider selling it. The reason was simple...I got no satisfaction from ownership. I had the 5 coats of Zaino on the car and the sun's reflection would blind you! I would play on the street but only if conditions permitted. Unfortunately conditions rarely permitted. The frustration was overwhelming. Then EVERYTHING, and I mean everything changed after that first HPDE! The car is still street legal, but rarely is used outside of track events or driving it to and from the track.

Do yourself a favor and take the car to a roadcourse and do an HPDE. As AU N EGL said, after a few hundred miles in excess of of 130, it's no big deal. Your whole perspective of a Corvette will change! Hell you may even do what I do now...set the cruise control on the Vette!...of course that's only when I'm driving to a track event

BTW A special thanks to all the Veterans out there who've served their country
Old 05-27-2013, 11:06 AM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ztheusa
Go to night school and try and get your GED.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:44 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well put SPDISLIFE. It's all about discipline. I love to go fast. If I had my choice. I would take off fast from every light and continue going fast. I like to take off quickly put keep it at the speed limit or around 5MPH over. As much as I like to go fast I enjoy being safe. I am the one creeping in the neighborhood or parking lot. I don't want to hit any children or be hit by another car. Also as others have said continued speeding will lead to a ticket or accident. While going around the speed limit if I need to pass I may go from 65MPH to 100MPH, but then back it off. I get to enjoy the car but the whole interaction is like 5 seconds. My window of getting a ticket is a lot less then continued speeding. The frustration comes in when I am going the speed limit and somebody in their van or prius comes up on me because they need to go faster. A lot of discipline needs to be exercised.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:11 PM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Troll alert

Quick Reply: Help. I drive to fast and agressive