Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: C5 Corvette Of The Month (Coupe Theme)
Mr.Bill
18.18%
Sfc Rick
28.57%
ZFlash
16.88%
YELLO1
36.36%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

>>>C5 Corvette Car Of The Month Vote Here<<<

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 PM
ZFLASH
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16

Congrats, L8R ZFLASH
Old 05-12-2013, 12:24 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Congratulations to YELLO1.
Now what I find hard to believe is that out of all the members on the forum there was only 77 votes casted, That is a shame...
Mr.Bill
Almost 900 viewed the thread, but only 77 voted. ??
Old 05-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Congrats Yello1!

Congrats to the others as well for having your car chosen to be in the running. I know I would be honored to have my car chosen to be in the top 4.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,299 Likes on 13,972 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Congrats Irv. And well deserved - your car is beautiful.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:11 AM
3318C5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
Congratulations to YELLO1, C5 COTM!
Well deserved, congrats!!!

Just like Mr. Bill stated I wish more folks would have voted. Even if the cars selected where not "your thing", there must be one that you like the BEST of the one's selected....no?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:02 AM
calvins
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 111 Posts
Oldtimer

Well, I'll probably get slammed for this but I'll just throw this out there for... well... for whatever.

I think there are at least two issues for the lack of participation.

1) As the map thread proves out, there are a LOT of people who are members here but just lurk and don't participate, period. Look at the handles on the list view of the map. How many are regular participating members? Not a whole h*77 of a lot. I'm not even going to attempt to rationalize that one....

2) It could be perceived that people who don't have/or want to put out the piles of money it takes to totally mod out a car with expensive add ons/changes might as well save their time and effort. "It's only for the rich guys who totally mod out their cars"

I'm not bad mouthing ANYONE or saying this is right, that is wrong, etc... Just throwing it out for more of a discussion starter than anything. I'll take the heat...
Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 AM
PHIL MEMPHIS
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats to Irv! I just discovered this thread as I'm sure many others haven't discovered yet.

Keep trying and I'm sure the votes will increase when everyone finds out about this.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by calvins
Well, I'll probably get slammed for this but I'll just throw this out there for... well... for whatever.

1) As the map thread proves out, there are a LOT of people who are members here but just lurk and don't participate, period. Look at the handles on the list view of the map. How many are regular participating members? Not a whole h*77 of a lot. I'm not even going to attempt to rationalize that one....

2) It could be perceived that people who don't have/or want to put out the piles of money it takes to totally mod out a car with expensive add ons/changes might as well save their time and effort. "It's only for the rich guys who totally mod out their cars"

I'm not bad mouthing ANYONE or saying this is right, that is wrong, etc... Just throwing it out for more of a discussion starter than anything. I'll take the heat...
It's not the rich guys.....guys like me who are retired and on a limited income and only can do these mods myself cause I can't afford to pay someone else to do it. All my work is done by me basically learning as I go. It's just a hobby and something to play with.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:55 AM
KC-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Congrats Irv. And well deserved - your car is beautiful.
...for those that have not seen his car in person...it's over-the-top beautiful, and very well thought out...plus super, super clean too..
Old 05-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Suthunman
Congrats Yello1!

Congrats to the others as well for having your car chosen to be in the running. I know I would be honored to have my car chosen to be in the top 4.
Congrats.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:19 PM
calvins
Safety Car

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by sfc rick
It's not the rich guys.....guys like me who are retired and on a limited income and only can do these mods myself cause I can't afford to pay someone else to do it. All my work is done by me basically learning as I go. It's just a hobby and something to play with.
Yeah, I know rick, I was just playing the bad guy trying to get people to open up.... didn't work.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:21 PM
calvins
Safety Car

Oldtimer

Oh, and congrats YELLO1!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:52 PM
TEC6
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Congratulations to YELLO1.
Now what I find hard to believe is that out of all the members on the forum there was only 77 votes casted, That is a shame...
Mr.Bill

Congrats Irv!! Awesome cars....

It doesn't help that it was marked as a sticky. Not many members really pay attention to the post up there....
Old 05-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ
Almost 900 viewed the thread, but only 77 voted. ??
I totally agree,

Originally Posted by calvins

I follow what you're saying about there being many members on here and little participation on "new ideas". I actually wonder why is that as well. I hope at least with this COTM being a montly idea, it will gain some popularity. When things are new not everybody likes to take them in, i hope some people change their minds. We'll see.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 PM
YELLO1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C5 of the Month 5/13

WOW Guys!!!!
Sorry for being so late to respond but have been celebrating Mothers Day with my Wife, my Mom and my Kids.
Thank You Very Much to everyone for your support and your nice comments, they are very much appreciated!!!
I am so Humbled and Honored!!!!
What an Honor to be in the same company with Mr. Bill, sfc ricK and ZFLASH.
You Guys have AMAZING cars and in my eyes are Winners too!!!
I hope that one of the best things to come out this is that I have gained 3 new friends.
I think that on any given Day that we are all WINNERS no matter what or how many votes or numbers you receive.
In fact, I would be HONORED if Maxx could find a way for Mr. Bill, sfc rick and ZFLASH to join me as WINNERS!!!

Irv (YELLO1)
Old 05-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by YELLO1
WOW Guys!!!!
Sorry for being so late to respond but have been celebrating Mothers Day with my Wife, my Mom and my Kids.
Thank You Very Much to everyone for your support and your nice comments, they are very much appreciated!!!
I am so Humbled and Honored!!!!
What an Honor to be in the same company with Mr. Bill, sfc ricK and ZFLASH.
You Guys have AMAZING cars and in my eyes are Winners too!!!
I hope that one of the best things to come out this is that I have gained 3 new friends.
I think that on any given Day that we are all WINNERS no matter what or how many votes or numbers you receive.
In fact, I would be HONORED if Maxx could find a way for Mr. Bill, sfc rick and ZFLASH to join me as WINNERS!!!

Irv (YELLO1)

I think we are all winners by owning such beautiful cars. Again, congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated. I like your new plaque under your name
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Major congrats IRV ! -- I've not been on C5 and missed the vote -- but not surprised you won...car is looking Great

Gary
Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 AM
2 GRUMPY
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats Irv ! Maybe I'll be able to see you in Paducah in September .In my eyes all the entrants are Winners !

Quick Reply: >>>C5 Corvette Car Of The Month Vote Here<<<