Sponsored by:

Opinion of over stated enthusiasum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 03:04 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
How could anyone with even an 8th grade education could think for one moment that it " REALLY BOTHERS ME"

Out of a simple discussion thread:
Originally Posted by Evil-Twin View Post

This was just suppose to be a discussion on the over use of the word wow.
with a slight caveat on the term " pull the trigger "
Nothing too deep, or earth shaking. Nothing sinister either.

But then this post from bladex10 and its content gives meaning to the caliber of some posters.
bladex10's comment is typical only on this forum.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

This forum is definately a one of a kind. What you hear and see here , you will not find on any other forum. Any other forum that I go to is always a friendly and car focust forum. It's a shame because the C5's are the most interesting cars.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by bj1k
This forum is definately a one of a kind. What you hear and see here , you will not find on any other forum. Any other forum that I go to is always a friendly and car focust forum. It's a shame because the C5's are the most interesting cars.

As with any forum, You have to take the good with the bad, I have finished the internet 2 times now and have never found a better forum and a great bunch of helpful members as on the Corvette Forum.

Mr.Bill
Old 05-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by bladex10
Well unless i'm blind or i'm just plain losing it, Last time i checked this is a C5 General Discussion forum. What does a discussion of the use of word "wow" have anything to do with the car?
Then you are blind... it has everything to do with this forum,, when someone says a product is WOW worthy, and members buy it based on the WOW review, only to find out this it is a mediocre mod, the WOW comment person is looking for others to validate their purchase. When in fact the product is junk...
The Granatelli throttle body come to mind... people bought it, said WOW its great, and hundreds bought it, only to find that they lost horse power and torque when using this product. I can name plenty of misdirected reviews where people bought something based on the WOW factor , only to find it junk and grief..
We had a Vendor here about 8 years ago IFORGED, a few bought their wheels, then they gave IFORGED the WOW factor, then 200 people bought their wheels in a gp, paid for them in advance as was the procedure at the time, there was a six week wait, and then after two years Iforged was dropped by the Corvette forum because these same 200 people never received their wheels. This all started with a " WOW".

BTW Iforged has turned around over the last few years, their wheels were always nice, the owner and the company at the time where less than honorable or honest.

So you can see how relevant WOW can be in this forum. Its very appropriate that we discuss it and take a WOW with a grain of salt from some people. There are also many people on this forum who I respect, and would embrace their wow. My point to this is " be careful who you listen too here and what they have to say.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Then you are blind... it has everything to do with this forum,, when someone says a product is WOW worthy, and members buy it based on the WOW review, only to find out this it is a mediocre mod, the WOW comment person is looking for others to validate their purchase. When in fact the product is junk...
The Granatelli throttle body come to mind... people bought it, said WOW its great, and hundreds bought it, only to find that they lost horse power and torque when using this product. I can name plenty of misdirected reviews where people bought something based on the WOW factor , only to find it junk and grief..
We had a Vendor here about 8 years ago IFORGED, a few bought their wheels, then they gave IFORGED the WOW factor, then 200 people bought their wheels in a gp, paid for them in advance as was the procedure at the time, there was a six week wait, and then after two years Iforged was dropped by the Corvette forum because these same 200 people never received their wheels. This all started with a " WOW".

BTW Iforged has turned around over the last few years, their wheels were always nice, the owner and the company at the time where less than honorable or honest.

So you can see how relevant WOW can be in this forum. Its very appropriate that we discuss it and take a WOW with a grain of salt from some people. There are also many people on this forum who I respect, and would embrace their wow. My point to this is " be careful who you listen too here and what they have to say.
Well now that you put it that way, I agree. Ive been a victim of people over praising products to find out the quality was **** poor. 1st thing that comes to mind was the big craze on the Camaro SS spoilers on ebay a few years ago. Was skeptical on it since it was ~$200 painted your car's color. Reading a good 30-40 reviews on how the quality and fit was AMAZING!!!!! on LS1tech so I Bought one, When i went to put it on my Z28, The holes didnt line up to the mounts on the spoiler and when i tightened the bolt, it put hairline cracks between the 2 mounts from it "folding", Complained and sent it back, Got another one that bolted properly but didnt fit properly, even after removing the pads on the bottom, it still stuck up a good 2-3 MM from the panel. I just lived with it after that.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I will no longer use the word WOW to express my feelings of excitement, beauty or euphoria. To replace it, I've decided to use SHAZAM!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
I will no longer use the word WOW to express my feelings of excitement, beauty or euphoria. To replace it, I've decided to use SHAZAM!
And to think, " You " were one of the people that I would have embraced your " WOW" .... now I don't know what to think...
Do I keep you in column "A" or do I slide you over into column "B"

Bazinga!!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Lighten up a little, folks.

The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Quick Reply: Opinion of over stated enthusiasum.