Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 AM
02koolC5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troll
Old 05-01-2013, 06:07 AM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feel Better

In the beginning I was on the hook for 66% of my gross income for child support and alimony I had a female judge and she decided it would be fair for me to pay for X to go to college since I had hobbled her professional development.

My daughter figured out that I was not the bad guy in about 13 months. she now stays with me, taking her to court to decrease alimony and life is getting better.

I had to sell my 66 and my 98 vettes to pay for lawyer bills

when I got the 03 Vert the X flipped out and threatened to take me to court

In the end the best revenge is living well.

Make sure that every time you drop the boy off or pick him up....drive the Vette
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 AM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
When I was younger, a friend of mine got married. He owned a mint 1998 C5 coupe with low miles. He also had a truck which he drove for work. His new wife talked him into trading his mint Corvette for a mini van due to her being pregnant. Fast forward two years, the wife cheats on him, they get divorced and is still paying off her mini van plus CS. Ouch!
What a ****!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,105 Likes on 804 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I thought I saw a Yugo for sale locally...
Old 05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

greedy hoes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,847 Likes on 1,803 Posts

When my ex first saw that I bought a Corvette she said, "I don't know if I like that idea."

I said, "It's a good thing that it's not your decision then, huh?"

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 05-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,122 Likes on 994 Posts

Originally Posted by oh1vette
Ain't that the truth...

And they'll probably want you to pay her court fees too

In my experience the man is always the loser in these things...maybe you have a chance since this is all numbers, but I hope the vette is your daily driver, if its a toy....bend over!
You're gonna loose. Sux the big one but that's the way it is.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Bill McCassey
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my vette the month after my child support ended. When my son told her she still got pissed. Been divorced for 14 years.
She has me convinced that satin has a vagina!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

Buy some gloves and watch alot of CSI
Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suthunman
What you choose to do with your money or to drive is none of her business. The judge doesn't care either. Here in Arkansas child support is pretty cut and dried. It's a percentage of your income. If its the same way in Illinois and your income is down since the divorce, you should ask for a decrease. Whatever happens, I can't see the judge saying Peter B we are ordering you to pay more child support because you bought a Corvette.
You sir, have never lived in Illinois.

I escaped the Iron Curtain about a year ago. A few more months in KY, then it's off to sunny Florida.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Never getting married or having kids. The legal system makes absolutely no sense, and I can't say the future looks too bright for our children with the inevitable financial crash and the increasing police state. Kids aren't even allowed to go playing alone in the woods without their parents going to jail anymore. Not to mention that quarrels in school are dealt with in a court room instead of the principal's office these days. These zero tolerance policies are out of control. They are just a way of saying "We think the individuals in our staff are complete and utter morons, and can't be trusted to make even moderately important decisions." Kids can't even be kids. What kind of life would that be for them?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
mnmthoele
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Petitioning for an increase does not mean she gets it. Unfortunately the courts allow people to continue to petition time after time. The most important thing is to try to keep your child out of the BS that happens with a divorce. No matter what the ex does, if you treat your child correctly they will see that you are a good parent, and that is the most important lesson a child can learn. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by STALION
And this is why I refuse to get married...it just doesn't mean what it use to and there is no thing to gain. People can still live happily ever after regardless.
There is a growing trend in the country where men aren't wanting to get married like they once did. I posted an article in PR&C a few months back written by a woman addressing this problem to women.

She says women have done this to themselves and now wonder why so many men are non committal.

Well I would suggest anyone who wonders why this trend is on the rise go back and listen to a certain Helen Reddy song. Titled, I am woman. Then follow the timeline.

One might also go back to the sixties and follow liberal policies and the liberals whoring out women for votes.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Mychebe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all you guys need to get together and write a country music song. Geez, man up.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper for you if you just have her killed.

Then after that's done, don't walk but run to the doctor and get a vasectomy.

Problem solved. No charge.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:13 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sadly I would marry her all over again to have my son Nicholas PeterB in my life as he is my greatest accomplishment. I would advise from experience that marriage is a double edge sword. Not sure what the national percentage is now but I would bet its greater then 1/2 end up in divorced. I fell straight into the pit, she's beautiful alright on the outside, rotten as a witch, cold as ice on the inside. Lithuanian blonde, blue eyes 5'8'' 130lbs slim/trim and while we had a wonderful few years filled with great romance, intimacy and fun it certainly isn't the same woman today I married back then. I suggest to you that a high percentage of them change immediately after marriage and most definitely after having a child. What's amazing to me is the lack of gratitude for everything I'd done for her and continue to do for our son. I have never missed a child support payment, I cheerfully pay for 50% of all pre and after school care, 100% of health care and 50% of all extra curricular activities. I drop everything to care for my son & drive from Park Ridge to Evanston (45 min) to pick up my son on Tuesdays overnight drop him off Wed mornings and every other weekend Fri, Sat, Sun. Two months out of the year Nicholas stays with me full time while she still receives the $600mth $7K a year child support. She remains with a scowl on her face and treats me like dirt. Rather then saying your a great father as I continue to buy my son shoes, shirts, baseball mitts etc. The woman at 34 is just evil as can be towards me. Put it this way she doesn't need Google she knows it all. In spite I continue to speak to our son of her unconditional love from us and never speak of her evil to him. She's had a half dozen different boyfriends all of who's families have been exposed to my son on overnight stays, childcare etc. Recently the last guy whom I actually liked and though was a stand up guy was the last one to say arivederci to her and I'm happy for him that he did not fall into her trap.

Not to mention the lopsided disgrace of our court systems in the US. What a crock of cccccccccchit. You have no idea. Bend over backwards, dry guys from the courts and the bottom feeding divorce attorney. Leeche$ the lot of'm! Perhaps in the 40's, 50's, 60s, not these days. I tell my single friends to NEVER get married. If you want to have a child, go ahead and have one. Live with a squeeze, sure go ahead (pick out a young sexy one) but NO REASON whatsoever to ever say, I do. If you do, remember this thread and be prepared to get it stuck in your **** non stop time after time. That's right, get ready to smile as you say give it to me again & again...

PS. Venting has helped me soother and lick my wounds. Thank you men. Stay well.
What goes around comes around. Always did always will.

Last edited by PeterB; 05-01-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:22 PM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Move to Texas (no reciprocity),

Living well is the best revenge.

Get notified of new replies

To Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM
KM1959
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 183 Posts

I remember watching a TV show years ago where on of the younger guys in the cast said "Hey, I'm getting married" to which a 50 year-old replied "Why not just save a bunch of time by finding a woman who hates you and buy her a house."
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterB.
Sadly I would marry her all over again to have my son Nicholas PeterB in my life as he is my greatest accomplishment. I would advise from experience that marriage is a double edge sword. Not sure what the national percentage is now but I would bet its greater then 1/2 end up in divorced. I fell straight into the pit, she's beautiful alright on the outside, rotten as a witch, cold as ice on the inside. Lithuanian blonde, blue eyes 5'8'' 130lbs slim/trim and while we had a wonderful few years filled with great romance, intimacy and fun it certainly isn't the same woman today I married back then. I suggest to you that a high percentage of them change immediately after marriage and most definitely after having a child. What's amazing to me is the lack of gratitude for everything I'd done for her and continue to do for our son. I have never missed a child support payment, I cheerfully pay for 50% of all pre and after school care, 100% of health care and 50% of all extra curricular activities. I drop everything to care for my son & drive from Park Ridge to Evanston (45 min) to pick up my son on Tuesdays overnight drop him off Wed mornings and every other weekend Fri, Sat, Sun. Two months out of the year Nicholas stays with me full time while she still receives the $600mth $7K a year child support. She remains with a scowl on her face and treats me like dirt. Rather then saying your a great father as I continue to buy my son shoes, shirts, baseball mitts etc. The woman at 34 is just evil as can be towards me. Put it this way she doesn't need Google she knows it all. In spite I continue to speak to our son of her unconditional love from us and never speak of her evil to him. She's had a half dozen different boyfriends all of who's families have been exposed to my son on overnight stays, childcare etc. Recently the last guy whom I actually liked and though was a stand up guy was the last one to say arivederci to her and I'm happy for him that he did no fall in the trap.

Not to mention the lopsided disgrace of our court systems in the US. What a crock of cccccccccchit. You have no idea. Bend over backwards, dry guys from the courts and the bottom feeding divorce attorney leeches! I tell my single friends to NEVER get married. If you want to have a child, go ahead and have one. Live with a squeeze, sure go ahead (pick out a young sexy one) but NO REASON whatsoever to ever say I do. If you do, remember this thread and be prepared to get it stuck in your **** non stop time after time. That's right smile as you say give it to me again & again & again...

PS. Venting has helped me soother and lick my wounds. Thank you men. Stay well.
What goes around comes around. Always did always will.
Well said Peter...You will overcome this trying time in your life,and as the saying goes, "this too will pass". and will emerge a better , happier person,even though it may not seem like it at this point in time. Keep your spirits up. Ken
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Is this still a car forum???

Quick Reply: Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/