who can give input on the corvette creationz c6 type front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 AM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default who can give input on the corvette creationz c6 type front bumper

hey all,
i am looking to switch my tiger shark from bumper out for a c6 style bumper. I am curious if this bumper is an exact duplicate to the c6 bumper? it looks like it is a bit fatter in the front, more boxed off, and the grill opening looks bigger. Does anyone have any pictures of theirs next to a true c6 front bumper cover.
I am trying to decide if the bumper really is exactly like the c6 just fitted to our car, or if maybe i should just cut and modify my tiger shark to look similar to what i want (cut the pillars and then mold in the fogs from a c6 and then re-pillar then remold the side corner lights and then cut the bottom notched area to accommodate a little chin spoiler, rolled lip).

so right now picture comparing the corvette creations c6 bumper to the real c6 bumper would be awesome
Old 04-13-2013, 09:52 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Message Pete a.k.a. quick z06. He sells them. Cheers
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 AM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

Yeah actually have.... a few times.
Dont get much response.
Plus i figured i would get better answers from those who have them, then the guy who sells them.

My big thing is seeing one on the front of a c5 and sitting next to it seeing the c6 oem bumper on the c6 :-)
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 AM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

I'm not one to usually throw out a negative opinion, but you are talking about taking off a tiger shark in favor of the C6 style bumper. The C6 style bumper, in my opinion does not fit the lines of the C5, while the tiger shark does. There are not a lot of people that have the C6 style bumper, for that reason.

When they created the C6 style bumper they used a C6 bumper and a C5 bumper and molded them together. It's basically a hybrid of sorts.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

91lsman,
yeah thats kind of why I am asking for pictures. I have seen somepictres in which it looks amazing, and then other angle where it looks like a brick.

This is why I am hoping to see the 2 side by side.

If I dont see exactly what I want, then I will do what I was thinking about... which would be modifying the TS I have to represent what I would like the nose to look like.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:32 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by TKT-MKR
Yeah actually have.... a few times.
Dont get much response.
Plus i figured i would get better answers from those who have them, then the guy who sells them.

My big thing is seeing one on the front of a c5 and sitting next to it seeing the c6 oem bumper on the c6 :-)
You contacted me? And no you wouldn't get a better answer from someone else. If you've seen it on a yellow Z06, that's my car. It is not an identical copy so oem grills etc will not work on it. It was made by hand, so yea not a direct copy.

91LSMan, you're talking about our rear bumper, we used a C5 and C6 rear to make that one (which I think looks better than the oem C5 rear) but everyone has their own opinion.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

I understand the motivation to create it, but why did you do such hard angular lines when the entire C5 is void of such styling. Take the C6 concept but soften the edges to go with the body of the C5. Could've been far better...

Thing looks hideous...
Old 04-14-2013, 01:39 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

^ to each their own
Old 04-14-2013, 02:16 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Lines on the C6 aren't even that sharp....cmon now...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 AM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

quik and others,
yes i have contacted you a few times. usually by pm (maybe once a while back by email... but dont hold me to that one).

also, my big thing is i would like to see what it looks like in comparison to the c6. To me that is what really would sell the item. See the issue is that you dont get a good feel for what you are buying from the pictures. Because straight on... well it looks like a brick. Or it looks like it is completely flat in the front. same with different angles. But the side shot of your yellow vette it really looks amazing.

So of course, those of us who would like the c6 look would think the best way to sell this is to take your vette, get another vette (hopefully yellow so we arent distracted by the color) and pair the two cars up as you shoot the front end.
This way it is very obvious the details that you can see and what you are getting.
I know I would hate to spend the money to buy it, install it and paint it... only to find out it isnt exactly what I want. I am sure there are many others that feel the same.

Let me know if you will be doing this. Because currently there arent any examples of your front end cover in my immediate area to see in person.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:56 AM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06

91LSMan, you're talking about our rear bumper, we used a C5 and C6 rear to make that one (which I think looks better than the oem C5 rear) but everyone has their own opinion.
I do think the rear bumper looks fine.

The front just has too many sharp lines for my taste.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:36 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Are we having a BSM discussion here? Sure sounds like it. (FYI, I'm in the pro-BSM club). Come on guys... some of the comments here are borderline ridiculous. It's like me calling your wife hideous but you think she's the best thing since sliced bread. There are LOTS of opinions here on CF and there are better ways to say things. I can say I don't like something without offending anyone. Usually if I don't like something, I don't say anything at all.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:34 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Did you just compare someones wife to a bumper....lol. Hardly comparable. If a person takes my insult towards a bumper the same as me insulting his wife...haha...that'd be ridiculous.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:27 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Of course I didn't compare someone's wife to a bumper. The point I was trying to get across since you didn't get the first time, is that everyone has opinions. But there are decent ways to state your opinion and there are less appropriate ways to do so as well. Everyone here on CF loves Corvettes, right? Otherwise we wouldn't be here. We all like to read about other guy's stuff but just because it doesn't appeal to me or you doesn't get you an open book to call something hideous. You could have easily said, I'm glad you like it but it's not for me. That wouldn't step on someone's toes. I could make some offhand comment on your car or your mods and really **** you off. In retrospect, I could say it in a gentler way without offending you. Hope you get what I'm saying... ok. off the soapbox.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 PM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

Easy gents,
Remember the topic of this thread was if any could give me some input on how the creationz C6 front looks in comparison to the oem c6 nose.
It wasnt me asking for anyone's opinion on if they like it or not.

I, also, asked about if anyone having any pictures to compare the two.

So far, there have been opinions about the looks but nothing to answer the question, and no pictures to compare (especially from the company that sells them)
Old 04-21-2013, 05:16 PM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

Ok, you would think that the manufacturer of the before mentioned front nose cover, with a potential customer posting on the forum about his product would do more then just quick defend that someone likes it or doesnt and then disappears, ESPECIALLY considering the whole point of the post was to compare it to a stock nose on a C6 so that I can determine if I want one. (and maybe if others would want one too)

I mean come on guy, this is free advertising right here.

Are you going to setup up and post some side by side pictures or not?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TKT-MKR
Ok, you would think that the manufacturer of the before mentioned front nose cover, with a potential customer posting on the forum about his product would do more then just quick defend that someone likes it or doesnt and then disappears, ESPECIALLY considering the whole point of the post was to compare it to a stock nose on a C6 so that I can determine if I want one. (and maybe if others would want one too)

I mean come on guy, this is free advertising right here.

Are you going to setup up and post some side by side pictures or not?
I didn't just disappear, but I wasn't going to be going back and forth with someone over the way it looks, either you like it or you don't. I stayed away to avoid the pissing match is all. I'll see what I can dig up in my old pix to see if I have a few different angles. Won't be till later though.

Get notified of new replies

To who can give input on the corvette creationz c6 type front bumper

Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 PM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

I didn't just disappear, but I wasn't going to be going back and forth with someone over the way it looks, either you like it or you don't. I stayed away to avoid the pissing match is all. I'll see what I can dig up in my old pix to see if I have a few different angles. Won't be till later though.
Ok,
1) I am not in a pissing match. And really neither was anyone else. As I stated originally, I like it but then from certain angles..... I am not sure if I do. This is why I asked for the pictures. The other voiced their opinions. It would have probably faded away if you didnt say anything, but because you "egged" them on..... well... the pissing began

2) Your attitude in what you sell probably needs a little polishing. You are right, you either light it or you dont, but you dont need to come out and defend it either. So who is really in the right here? Someone for saying they dont like it or that it looks bad, or you coming out and defending it?

3) This whole post was started to get pictures of your C6 style nose next to a stock c6. I dont need to see different angles of what you have, I have been asking to see different angles of the stock nose and your nose in comparison.
Unless you know of someone around the Mississippi Gulf Coast area (or within an hours drive) that has your nose and we can arrange a meeting so I can go look at it. (Think about that.... I am doing all the leg work and even willing to drive an hour away just to see one.... all you have to do is help out)

Anyways.... it is now up to you.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:08 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

All I said was "to each their own" lol that is egging someone on? I don't have an attitude at all, I'm the easiest going guy you'll ever meet.

Anyway, I really don't see what you want from me. I told you I'd post different angles and you said you don't want that. So let me get this straight, you want me to post a picture of a stock C6 front bumper and this one so you can see the difference?

Better yet shoot me a pm with your number, I'd rather talk to you in person about it so were clear about what you're looking for.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
TKT-MKR
Burning Brakes

All I said was "to each their own" lol that is egging someone on?
Yes. I am not doubting your character, but when someone says something about your product that has no merit... just leave it be. Any comment from you will only elicit more negative comments from that person. And whats worse is when that person's comment invokes others to comment too. What do you do then? Trust me. I have had an internet business before and have dealt alot with forums... best thing to do is be careful and EXTREMELY professional in what is said.
Ok, thats my soap box :-)

So let me get this straight, you want me to post a picture of a stock C6 front bumper and this one so you can see the difference?
Ding Ding Ding!! winner winner!!
Yes. This is what I have been asking for the whole time.
Lets say take your car (which I am assuming is that bad *** yellow one on your site?) and call up a C6 buddy of yours or ask for assistance from the forum or somehow get your car and a C6 together. I mean come on there has got to be more then a few C6s running around Cali, right? So get one... preferrably a yellow C6 or a car of similar color/tone... maybe white?. Then line them up the same way, and take pictures. Say you shoot the cars from the front, then from different angles, while still keeping each cars nose in the picture. Sure there might be an angle that you shoot from that doesnt allow the other car to be seen, then move the car up or back. It is pretty simple. This way we (myself and any other future customers) can actually see what the nose looks like in comparison. Its good marketing.
I can guarantee that you do something like this, you will have more customers since they wont have to gamble on what they are getting.

Quick Reply: who can give input on the corvette creationz c6 type front bumper