Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to install GM10-Aux radio adapter in 00' Coupe, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Tuffguy610
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Trying to install GM10-Aux radio adapter in 00' Coupe, have a few questions

Hey guys,
I just bought a GM10-Aux (the CD changer to aux input adapter) on here not too long ago. I finally got some time to try and install it today, and to make a long story short I have the entire center console apart and the passenger footwell panel out with the computer components exposed and I have no idea how to proceed. I originally thought that I could plug this unit into a harness behind the factory radio, but now I am reading that I need to buy a COR-HAR (?) harness since the car doesn't have a CD changer from the factory. Several people have cut wires on their car to make this work without buying the harness, but I don't want to cut up the car. My attempt is to have some modern way of playing music until I purchase my double DIN setup next year. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I would contact Dennis at Doubledmods.com he is a forum vendor and the audio expert.
Here is a link to his info and phone number. I am sure he can hook you up with what you need.
Mr.Bill

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...le-d-mods.html
Old 03-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610
Hey guys,
I just bought a GM10-Aux (the CD changer to aux input adapter) on here not too long ago. I finally got some time to try and install it today, and to make a long story short I have the entire center console apart and the passenger footwell panel out with the computer components exposed and I have no idea how to proceed. I originally thought that I could plug this unit into a harness behind the factory radio, but now I am reading that I need to buy a COR-HAR (?) harness since the car doesn't have a CD changer from the factory. Several people have cut wires on their car to make this work without buying the harness, but I don't want to cut up the car. My attempt is to have some modern way of playing music until I purchase my double DIN setup next year. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Send it back, get your $85 back or whatever it cost, spend $3 and do this...

Here's my write up..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...p-for-3-a.html

Tyler
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 03-29-2013, 11:25 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you posted this in the audio section as well?
Old 03-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Tuffguy610
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dmarkshark
Have you posted this in the audio section as well?
No, I suppose I should have. Tyler, thats a nice write up. I am not sure if I want to go through all that work though. I think I'm just gonna put the interior back together and wait to buy a double DIN from Dennis.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,232 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
I would contact Dennis at Doubledmods.com he is a forum vendor and the audio expert.
Here is a link to his info and phone number. I am sure he can hook you up with what you need.
Mr.Bill

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...le-d-mods.html
Good advice here. Talk with Dennis before you do anything else and see if what you have can do the job you want.

Get notified of new replies

To Trying to install GM10-Aux radio adapter in 00' Coupe, have a few questions

Quick Reply: Trying to install GM10-Aux radio adapter in 00' Coupe, have a few questions