Sponsored by:

Header gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:18 PM
superjet701k
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header gaskets

I finally gave up on the factory gm metal manifold gasket and bought some squish able perforated metal header gaskets for my lg long tubes and no more leaks now I can tune it!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:42 AM
AntsVette
Advanced

I just bought a set of used LG long tubes. In reading some posts it seems the guy I bought them from had some issues with leaks too. I'm wondering if this is a common thing and if i'm going to have the same problem. If what you done seems to be the solution it would be good to just nip it in the bud but not sure. What made you try this? Can you share any website/product info? Thanks!!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 AM
AntsVette
Advanced

arrggghhh thought this was a c6 thread but is interesting none the less.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 AM
superjet701k
Pro

Originally Posted by AntsVette
I just bought a set of used LG long tubes. In reading some posts it seems the guy I bought them from had some issues with leaks too. I'm wondering if this is a common thing and if i'm going to have the same problem. If what you done seems to be the solution it would be good to just nip it in the bud but not sure. What made you try this? Can you share any website/product info? Thanks!!
I had leaks at every joint tighten five times still leaks .changed all clamps to two inch wide from autozone. Then bought header gaskets from summit there thick metal composite with perforated holes they had bigger openings also with 1/4 wrachet hand tight no leaks , plus I wrapped all joint in hvac metal tape then two inch double bolt lamps no leaks now I can finish tune. No fresh air to throw off my fuel trims to full rich 10 mpg and stall out every traffic light. Also no cats or air tubes and fast wid band installed
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM
1BADAZ50TH
Instructor

I used the ARH gaskets that came with the headers and they were great. When I put the heads on I used GM gaskets and the leaked. Went back to the ARH thick gaskets and no more leaks. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

good info...
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I used the gm ls1 metal gaskets when I installed my LG longitudes and no leaks at all.. They have been for over a year now
Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by momo20
I used the gm ls1 metal gaskets when I installed my LG longitudes and no leaks at all.. They have been for over a year now
Same here.
No leaks for close to 10 years now.

Get notified of new replies

To Header gaskets

Quick Reply: Header gaskets