Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helpful C5 owner in the Atlanta, GA area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 PM
riverguy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helpful C5 owner in the Atlanta, GA area?

Great forum! I've been reading for a while, and this is my first post.

I'm looking at C5's, and would like to drive one for more than a 10 minute test drive. A half-hour or an hour would be great.

Is there a helpful C5 convertible owner in the Atlanta, GA area who would allow me to drive their car?

Of course, I'd expect that the owner would ride along. I'd buy lunch...

I'm a mature (read: balding) guy who knows the performance potential of the car. I'm not looking to do burnouts. I just want to find out if I can live with one in everyday driving.

Preferences, since this is what I'd be looking to buy:

Convertible
Automatic
Base suspension or F55 MSRC
Stock exhaust
Stock tire/wheel sizes

I'm variously in the Norcross and Covington areas, but, of course, I'll meet wherever necessary.

Thanks!

Since I'm new to the forum, I'm assuming that you can PM me.
If not, I'm SURE that someone will correct me.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
LS2NSUV
Burning Brakes

Two words: CAR DEALERSHIP

Not trying to be a smarta$$, but this, IMO, is the best option to drive all the C5 models and make a self conclusion.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 PM
92GA
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by LS2NSUV
Two words: CAR DEALERSHIP

Not trying to be a smarta$$, but this, IMO, is the best option to drive all the C5 models and make a self conclusion.
CAR DEALERSHIP

That's what I did when I was shopping. I even asked them to put some gas in um because they didn't have enough fuel. All the salemen that rode with me didn't complain. 1 was a bit scared for a bit though.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
midlifetoy1
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Helpful Owner

Have you checked out the guys at Buy A Vette in Atlanta? They're a great bunch of guys and they always have a nice selection of used Vettes of any generation. They would be my first choice to talk to. I'm guessing that a complete trip on 285 wouldn't be too much for them.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 PM
saxtonfwd
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I Agree. Try Buy a Vette That's Where Picked Up My 01 Vert. Great bunch of guys.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove all the way from Kentucky a few years ago to Buy A Vette and they knew I was coming on a particular day. I checked with the office when I arrived and they said they'd get the agent I'd spoken to previously when I made the appointment. To make a long, dull story short, the guy never appeared and no one else even offered to assist me except a mechanic in the back of the lot. I still think they're a great place to buy a vette but just make sure they see you. I ended up buyiny my Vette in Kentucky.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:37 AM
saxtonfwd
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear your expierence. Mine was totally opposite. I flew in and my salesmen picked me up at the airport, took me to lunch, and let me put the car on a lift and go over it with the mechanic prior to purchase. And threw in a exhaust plate on top of 10% off on any parts.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 AM
riverguy
Cruising

Thanks- I've visited the folks at buyavette.net. I'm fortunate to have them in my area. They have quite an operation, and seem to have good people.

Since I'm not interested in any of the particular cars that they have in stock, I'd rather not take up their time with an extended drive. It's like looking at a TV at Best Buy and then buying it on Amazon. I've been a salesman myself, and I didn't like it when people did it to me.

So, if there is an enthusiastic owner who'd like to show off their car and take a short drive on a nice day, I hope they'll contact me.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 AM
calvins
Safety Car

Received 251 Likes on 112 Posts
Oldtimer

I'm not in the area but I wouldn't hold my breath. Most folks(me included) are VERY fussy about who, if anyone, drives their Vette.

No offense.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I wish you luck, I would offer but my car does meet your criteria.

Convertible- NOT
Automatic-YES
Base suspension or F55 MSRC-YES
Stock exhaust-NOT
Stock tire/wheel sizes-NOT
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 AM
riverguy
Cruising

Thanks, though!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:25 AM
kid4life
Intermediate

I've begun shopping for my upcoming purchase. I had never heard of the guys in Atlanta before now. I live in Nashville so their web site will be on my regular "shopping rounds".

This forum is awesome!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:54 PM
150kWh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saxtonfwd
Sorry to hear your expierence. Mine was totally opposite. I flew in and my salesmen picked me up at the airport, took me to lunch, and let me put the car on a lift and go over it with the mechanic prior to purchase. And threw in a exhaust plate on top of 10% off on any parts.
Do you remember your salesman? ... A quick search here indicates that people have had both good and "quasi-good" experiences.

They (and the onsite Parts Plus) are not a forum vendor; does anyone know if an employee/rep is a member? Are the salesmen familiar with this forum, and do they offer any "knowledgeable customer" discount? ... I'm considering to visit, but not if they are stodgy about talking bottom line--I'm willing to pay for quality, but their asking prices seem to be on the high/impulse-buy side.

Observation: I'm also shopping for a car with stock exhaust, as my next door neighbor is a young police officer who works the night shift. (Would not like to wake him up) BuyAVette.net sometimes mentions exhaust on the movie walk-arounds, but they don't generally list it in the text blurbs. ... They do a great job of pointing out the GM options in their ads. It would be great if the salesman or garage tech was kind enough to give details/specs on any aftermarket equipment.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Raiku898
Pro

Originally Posted by 150kWh
Do you remember your salesman? ... A quick search here indicates that people have had both good and "quasi-good" experiences.

They (and the onsite Parts Plus) are not a forum vendor; does anyone know if an employee/rep is a member? Are the salesmen familiar with this forum, and do they offer any "knowledgeable customer" discount? ... I'm considering to visit, but not if they are stodgy about talking bottom line--I'm willing to pay for quality, but their asking prices seem to be on the high/impulse-buy side.

Observation: I'm also shopping for a car with stock exhaust, as my next door neighbor is a young police officer who works the night shift. (Would not like to wake him up) BuyAVette.net sometimes mentions exhaust on the movie walk-arounds, but they don't generally list it in the text blurbs. ... They do a great job of pointing out the GM options in their ads. It would be great if the salesman or garage tech was kind enough to give details/specs on any aftermarket equipment.
From what I've talked to with Buyavette, they quite often remove the aftermarket parts from cars they receive and replace them with stock parts.

Get notified of new replies

To Helpful C5 owner in the Atlanta, GA area?

Quick Reply: Helpful C5 owner in the Atlanta, GA area?