Sponsored by:

Got a price to do the Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:24 PM
sircampsalot2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a price to do the Interior

I found a guy here that will do the Center's of my seats, the Console,the shifter and brake boots along with make some arm rest pads all in Red Faux Ostrich skin for $700 does this sound like a good price?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,454 Likes on 14,055 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If you want fake Ostrich skin, I would say that's probably not too bad of a price for all that you plan to have done. Myself I would rather have real leather for those items, but it will be a more than $700 I'm afraid. Is the material on the rest of the seats OK - my worry would be adding the new stuff in and not having any problems with the seams coming apart down the road.

Do you have any pics of the Faux Ostrich skin you plan to use? Would like to see just what it would look like should you go that route.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 PM
sircampsalot2
Pro

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
If you want fake Ostrich skin, I would say that's probably not too bad of a price for all that you plan to have done. Myself I would rather have real leather for those items, but it will be a more than $700 I'm afraid. Is the material on the rest of the seats OK - my worry would be adding the new stuff in and not having any problems with the seams coming apart down the road.

Do you have any pics of the Faux Ostrich skin you plan to use? Would like to see just what it would look like should you go that route.
Thanks Vetteman, I dont have a pic of the material he showed me a piece of it and matches my car color pretty good. I would love to have Real leather or real ostrich skin but it would be way out of my budget...The rest of the seats are in real good condition the only part that was worn was the centers so thats why i went with that part being changed. I went ahead and told him to do it so next week he is going to do it. I will post some before and after pics when its done, I hope it turns out good this is the first time ive had upolstery done and i too am worried that it would come apart after a few months or years.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 PM
allred
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmm....is Red Faux Ostrich skin that much cheaper than cow/calf leather?

And, as most of the cost of the work you state would be labor, why not go with "regular" leather?

The stock console and armrests are vinyl, but I think it would be wise to have leather on the seat panels.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I have samples of these materials...they are great looking; very rich appearance..cheaper than leather because they are vinyl...always thought they would be cool in a C5...can't wait to see your work.

Almost forgot...yes, the price is good...90% of it is labor and design work. The vinyl is not expensive at all...sold by the yard and is 56" wide, so a couple yards will cover a lot of ground.

Last edited by $$$frumnuttin'; 03-13-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
sircampsalot2
Pro

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I have samples of these materials...they are great looking; very rich appearance..cheaper than leather because they are vinyl...always thought they would be cool in a C5...can't wait to see your work.

Almost forgot...yes, the price is good...90% of it is labor and design work. The vinyl is not expensive at all...sold by the yard and is 56" wide, so a couple yards will cover a lot of ground.
Thanks for the replies Guys
Yeah I think it will make the Interior Pop also I will figure out how to post pics on here as soon as i get it done, Im supposed to leave the csr with him on monday and he said it will take him a few days to do it. If it turns out good I may get My 82 Done also in Red Alligator not sure how it would look tho
Old 03-14-2013, 09:48 PM
superjet701k
Pro

Originally Posted by sircampsalot2
I found a guy here that will do the Center's of my seats, the Console,the shifter and brake boots along with make some arm rest pads all in Red Faux Ostrich skin for $700 does this sound like a good price?
Try this guy auto custom leather, Jerry 413-547-6175
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Shop around. I did front and rear seats in my 67 Camaro, door panels, rear panels and a trunk partition for $1200 in two tone vinyl.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:09 AM
sircampsalot2
Pro

Well I really like the way it turned out, it matches my paint very nice and he did a good job on the stitching too. I will get some better pics in the daytime

Get notified of new replies

To Got a price to do the Interior

Quick Reply: Got a price to do the Interior