Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Training Magnet and TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 PM
warpster
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the valve stem is the antenna, thus the possible problems with a metal cap. whether it does cause problems or not will depend but it will interfere with them regardless thus the recommendation by GM to not use them. According to others...
"Metal valve caps will quickly destroy your TPMS sensors. This is due to something called "galvanic corrosion" from dissimilar metals as the valve stem is part of the transmitter antenna system. "
Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 PM
dblerman
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by warpster
I think the valve stem is the antenna, thus the possible problems with a metal cap. whether it does cause problems or not will depend but it will interfere with them regardless thus the recommendation by GM to not use them. According to others...
"Metal valve caps will quickly destroy your TPMS sensors. This is due to something called "galvanic corrosion" from dissimilar metals as the valve stem is part of the transmitter antenna system. "
So then your explanation for all the Corvettes that left Bowling Green with metal caps is........... ?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
99 VET
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Oldtimer
St. Jude Donor '13

Tks Warpster for your input. I got my '99 new & the value caps from BG where plastic...

Quick Reply: Training Magnet and TPMS