Pablo's Stable Journal

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Pablo's Stable Journal

A little backstory...

I've always been into cars since I was 8 and found out my dad was an RX7 freak. So naturally I got into it too. I've always loved Corvettes. As soon as I went with my dad to the dealer to buy his first Corvette, I instantly fell in love. Over the years several moments I thought I would never own one, when finally for my high school graduation I was offered a deal. long story short I paid it off and officially became an owner. So I have a C5 Corvette and had a S13 240 built drift car with an SR20. I absolutely love the Corvette but needed a more comfy daily driver. So when it came down to it, I had to sell the 240. It was sad seeing it go away on a flat bed, but it meant the car hunting could begin. I was looking into the GTI, Golf R, G37, Mazdapeed 3, 370Z, CT200, IS250, S2000, 135i and 335i, but when I test drove a WRX, I fell in love. I ordered a brand new one in December. Only bad part about it was waiting 2 and a half months because of the World Rally Blue Pearl color.

The baby, as I call her. From stock to hot.

As simple as this picture seems, this is one of the first pictures of the car at home. With everyday that passed, I fell in love with it more. The second one was my real first time washing the car, in full detail.

After a few hundred miles of ownership, she shock plate became faulty and I changed it out.

After about 8,000 of ownership the paint was fading. Chemical testing lead us to the conclusion that the previous owner had left some wax on the top outlines and never removed it. So of course a paint job was in order. A custom midnight blue is what I selected. Here it is in the shop and the outcome.

Now after a few months of a beautiful paint job, I figured I could start modding it. First minor mod was the changing of lights in the radio to blue LEDs. After a while the Bose sound was amazing but I did want to change the actual radio to a double din.

A few things had to be done as far as basic maintenance. On a C5, the headlight gears are common to go out because they are plastic, so i installed the brass gears. I also had new shoes for the back, new hoses, and new radiator with a 160 degree thermostat. Car runs so much better and so much cooler.

I have always been a fan of the Halo taillights, so needless to say I got a nice package from JW Motoring. Along with that I installed all new Bilstein SuperSport shocks, and lowered the car on stock bolts.

Started going to a few car shows for my shop, SkorLucca.

My best friend is a professional photographer so we decided to do a few shots. A night rolling shot was a must and this was my first one, later on are the typical warehouse shots.

After a while of using the car my shifting cable snapped, so I snapped a few winter pictures before she went to the shop. The Corvette is absolutely beautiful, but if there is one thing that needs to be changed its the headlights, so full retrofit projectors were installed along with switchback turning signals.

After a while of the cosmetics, it was time for suspension and sound so C6 ZR1 Sways, Z06 metal end links, Blackwing intake, and B&B Bullet X-Pipe and Catback were installed. Also decided to paint the calipers red and make my own ramps for the oil changes.

After everything was said an done I wanted to turn this into a nice fun comfortable weekend cruiser with power when I needed it. I took it for a photo shoot and this is how she stands to this day.

After the Vette, I really got into motorsports, and what really hit me was drifting. So I acquired a 1990 Nissan S13 240 and commenced the build of a drift car. I installed full coilover suspension, Godspeed suspension arms, a full real Type X body kit, and Rota Grids all around.

So the platform we're working on is a 2012 Subaru WRX Premium (WRB).

Mod List

Performance
-Invidia Q300 Titanium Burnt Quad Tip
-Invidia Catless Downpipe
-AEM CAI

Exterior
-RA Mudflaps
-JDM OEM Rainguards
-15% Tint
-Assortment of funny stickers
-5k 55watt HIDs (Lows)
-2500 Nokya Higs
-2500 Nokya Fogs
-HT Autos Lip
-Taillight IAG Overlays
-Hellatone Supertones

Interior
-Cobb Accessport V3
-A-pillar pod
-Prosport Oil temp & Oil pressure
-AEM AFR
-Cobb Shift ****
-Kartboy Short Shifter & SS Bushings, & STI rear bushing
-Sparco Seatbelt Covers
-LED lighting

Suspension
-Stock for now

Wheels
-Stock for now
-Mystic Blue Muteki Lugnuts

Here it is the first day I picked it up with Dad by my side.

First thing I did was order HIDs, the taillight overlays, and got to 300 miles, so it was time for a mild 2k-5k shift break in. I absolutely had to get the unamused sticker. Shifting was a bit sloppy so the Kartboy bushings and short shift kit was necessary, along with some funny stickers.

After the 1500 mile break in I had to flash to Stage 1 because the stock tune was horrible, so I picked up an Accessport, some Hellahorns. Had some friends over for "Stage 2 Day'. Coincidently I was the only one not going Stage 2 lol. At the end is a picture for proof, I actually use the rally car for what its made lol.

Merry Christmas to me. Had to get some more power. Oh hello Stage 2. Invidia Q300 and Invidia cat-less full tbe. I then decided the 3k fogs were kind of a pain so I got Nokya 2500s and yellow covers. Started to wire up my AFR and the rest of them mocked up along with my Accessport. Kind of bored until I get my BC coils and my wheels so I decided to plastidip my wheels and have some fun. At this time I was moving out so I wanted to see what i could get to fit. needless to say my whole drum kit fit. As soon as I got home I wanted to test out some TE's from a friend.

New Years update!!

AEM CAI installed for Stage 2+. Holy amazing. Car is really alive now :ritz: Also got some mud flaps, and a Perrin Front plate delete, and GFB BOV/BPV which I later ended up taking off because the car ran like crap and didn't like it.

Got some OEM Subaru rainguards. Looks great!!

I got my first sponsor GrimmSpeed, the car was very dirty after playing a bit in the dirt and the Hellahorns being blue was boring me a bit so I took this opportunity and decided to take the bumper off and paint them white, along with a few daylight pictures, and a typical gas station pictures.

We went for a little photoshoot with a few friends and these are a few that came out. :popcorn:

A quick little rolling shot to my "playground" and a few in-action shots!

Continued....

She was a dirty little ****, but after a good wash, she was clean again.

I found this awesome picture of a GR WRB STI so I had to post it up, and a pic of me and my daily :p:ritz:

Currently in the garage is the C5, and out on the drive way is the daily **** WRX cause she goes around everywhere

More to come soon...

Last edited by Vettelover1990; 02-21-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:31 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,664 Posts

holy jeezus that's the biggest post i've ever seen.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Awesome read and looks like you have a great set of cars in your garage.

When I owned a jeep, on the jeep forums we would have build threads. Basically just threads of people documenting what they've done to their car as they go along. They'd get really long but it was interesting to watch the cars take shape. You should continue to post this kind of stuff.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 714 Likes on 471 Posts

Your girlfriend is HOT !!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,235 Likes on 13,934 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I like what you've done to the cars - lots of time and effort spent making them just the way you want them.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Big Duk
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ricer forum?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
maxx2200
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM
GySgt1811
Racer

Cars 'n' Cuties! Great read. Enjoyed it! Thanks.

Gunny John
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM
slvr bulit
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

but it was a good read, and had some cute girls in it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by jdmvette
Yes I'm sorry. Took my some time but wanted to show my pride and joy.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by dangerz
Awesome read and looks like you have a great set of cars in your garage.

When I owned a jeep, on the jeep forums we would have build threads. Basically just threads of people documenting what they've done to their car as they go along. They'd get really long but it was interesting to watch the cars take shape. You should continue to post this kind of stuff.
Exactly! I love Jeeps aswell. On all my other forums we would do build threads, I wish they would do them here. Thanks for looking at it!!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by TheVettePirate
Your girlfriend is HOT !!
Haha more like my girlfriend was hot. We broke up about 3 years ago, shes a weird one. Glad I'm not with her. Current girlfriend seems to be moving into the wife slot very well
Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I like what you've done to the cars - lots of time and effort spent making them just the way you want them.
Thank you for the kind words! I really have and I just wanted to document all I've done and share it with you all!!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by Big Duk
ricer forum?
You know I don't really see how this is the ricer forum. All I did was document the builds of my cars and submitted them to a community I've practically grown up with. However a few noobs such as your self tend to pop up from time to time, but its ok. I just tend to shift into 3rd and smile the hatred/jealousy away. Thanks for looking.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by GySgt1811
Cars 'n' Cuties! Great read. Enjoyed it! Thanks.

Gunny John
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by slvr bulit

but it was a good read, and had some cute girls in it.
Haha thank you again I'm sorry it was so long!!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Jrockk
Racer

Nice rides man you can tell you have the itch as I call it you can't leave em alone keep,up the good work

Get notified of new replies

To Pablo's Stable Journal

Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

I need a Readers Digest version.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:16 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Vettelover1990
Exactly! I love Jeeps aswell. On all my other forums we would do build threads, I wish they would do them here. Thanks for looking at it!!
No reason we can't start a trend... I'll do a build thread too. Maybe we can kick something off :]
Old 02-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Originally Posted by Jrockk
Nice rides man you can tell you have the itch as I call it you can't leave em alone keep,up the good work
Yea man, once the mod bug hits, I'm all in haha! Thanks for reading!

Quick Reply: Pablo's Stable Journal