C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Catch Can - Pictures Inside -

Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM
CAMMEDEBZ06
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

This is a catch can I purchased from CCA. This isn't the traditional mounting spot but it keeps the can further away from the engine hence it stays cooler and allows the oil to condense faster. When I called up CCA I was told this is where they mount the can on their race cars.

I noticed in your picture above that the mass air flow sensor is right in front of your TB instead of downstream by the CAI cover, any particular reason for this?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM
SFL_driver
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMMEDEBZ06
This is a catch can I purchased from CCA. This isn't the traditional mounting spot but it keeps the can further away from the engine hence it stays cooler and allows the oil to condense faster. When I called up CCA I was told this is where they mount the can on their race cars.

I noticed in your picture above that the mass air flow sensor is right in front of your TB instead of downstream by the CAI cover, any particular reason for this?
With the Vararam this is the best way to mount it. Also since the MAF sensor is closer to the intake it should get more accurate readings.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM
fishbust
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After doing an intake manifold swap/upgrade and seeing the oil draining out of my old manifold, I decided to buy a catch can. Tons of them out there. Bought a small clear one from corvette mods ($50) so I could see what is going on and mounted it over by my engine coolant tank.

After 1 day of driving hard there is some oil in it, so yeah, I am a believer in using catch cans! When it is half full I will dump it right back in the motor where it came from.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 AM
CAMMEDEBZ06
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SFL_driver
With the Vararam this is the best way to mount it. Also since the MAF sensor is closer to the intake it should get more accurate readings.
Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Catch Can - Pictures Inside -