1:18 scale garage

Old 12-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by TheVettePirate
Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Very cool - you're doing a great job on that garage.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by avettelovertu
Well, I went on ebay, and looked up corvette signs. The ones I wanted I pasted into an album, and then resized each one in Word, and printed them out on photo paper. I have several more I'm going to try and print this weekend to do the side walls.
I suspected you might have done something like that. I got my butt plastered ... let me put that another way ... I've got the rear of my C5 covered in "bumper stickers" I made from images off the Internet.

eBay's fine, but if you want a greater variety, do a Google Image Search on Corvette signs, or any other automotive-related sign, for that matter.

What kind of camera did you use for the shots?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 AM
avettelovertu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s'noJob
I suspected you might have done something like that. I got my butt plastered ... let me put that another way ... I've got the rear of my C5 covered in "bumper stickers" I made from images off the Internet.

eBay's fine, but if you want a greater variety, do a Google Image Search on Corvette signs, or any other automotive-related sign, for that matter.

What kind of camera did you use for the shots?
Thanks, I'll do that on a google search. The photos, that are terrible btw, were from an old Olympus. Being inside, and close, it just didn't want to clearly focus. When it's completed, I'll take some better quality pics.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:05 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Thanks, I'll do that on a google search. The photos, that are terrible btw, were from an old Olympus. Being inside, and close, it just didn't want to clearly focus. When it's completed, I'll take some better quality pics.
Interesting you mention Olympus because I have been an Olympus owner since the OM 35mm days and currently drive an E620 digital SLR.

I'm sure you know that you'll get the best focus by using the smallest aperture the lighting will allow when taking close-up shots.

It would be interesting to see the shots lit from above and then adjusting the camera's white balance or using a photo editing program to look like fluorescent lighting, which might be typical of a real garage. If you don't have a remote flash, you might be able to use a mirror to aim the camera's flash to light from the top.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Looks great. All it needs is a 1:18 mechanic.
Maybe a 1:18 lady corvette owner,
Some 1:18 money,
A 1:18 repair bill,
And the 1:18 lady corvette owner passing out when she sees the 1:18 bill.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 AM
avettelovertu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by roadbike56
Looks great. All it needs is a 1:18 mechanic.
Maybe a 1:18 lady corvette owner,
Some 1:18 money,
A 1:18 repair bill,
And the 1:18 lady corvette owner passing out when she sees the 1:18 bill.
Some of those are coming in the mail. A mini pepsi machine, snap-on tool chest etc. I've been looking at figurines, and have noticed the women figures should topple over as they are rather "busty", shall we say? As a female vette owner, I really don't want "her" in my garage! LOL!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM
avettelovertu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by s'noJob
Interesting you mention Olympus because I have been an Olympus owner since the OM 35mm days and currently drive an E620 digital SLR.

I'm sure you know that you'll get the best focus by using the smallest aperture the lighting will allow when taking close-up shots.

It would be interesting to see the shots lit from above and then adjusting the camera's white balance or using a photo editing program to look like fluorescent lighting, which might be typical of a real garage. If you don't have a remote flash, you might be able to use a mirror to aim the camera's flash to light from the top.
My old camera was a Canon AE-1, which I really liked, but not digital. Hubby bought the Olympus Stylus 300 many years ago for me, and it does a pretty good job for what it is, but I don't believe you can set apertures, speed, etc. Someday....(I want Corsa Pace Car exhaust first! LOL).

I'm going to leave the roof unattached, but cut out several lights, and it should look like florescent lighting. Then illustration board will go around each hole on the unseen side, which will give it a recessed look, and diffuse light into the garage. Anyway, that's the plan...
Old 12-22-2012, 12:18 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Hubby bought the Olympus Stylus 300 many years ago for me, and it does a pretty good job for what it is, but I don't believe you can set apertures, speed, etc. Someday....(I want Corsa Pace Car exhaust first! LOL)
I did it backwards: I bought the digital SLR first and then the Corsa Pace Car! (which you'll love, BTW.)

The Olympus Stylus 300 cannot manually set the aperture, but it does have macro mode which might work for you. I can PM you the link to the owner's manual if you don't have one.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 PM
hockeyspokes
Racer

Default model

I am looking for the 03 / 50th Anniversary Convetible. Hopefully at a sane price. :>)
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
avettelovertu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hockeyspokes
I am looking for the 03 / 50th Anniversary Convetible. Hopefully at a sane price. :>)
I just looked and the UT 03 vert is running over $100. One is priced at $199! If you are patient and look often, you might find what you want, at a price you are comfortable with. My advice is look often, and know what they usually go for. Sometimes you will find a bargain.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:10 PM
1BADAZ50TH
Instructor

I like your work. I have alomst 100 1:18 cars, 14 of them Vettes. I found a 50th AE pace car on amazon for $34.99 a couple days ago and ordered it. Did not see a vert though. Most of the cars I find on craigslist in original boxes.

Last edited by 1BADAZ50TH; 12-23-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 AM
avettelovertu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1BADAZ50TH
I like your work. I have alomst 100 1:18 cars, 14 of them Vettes. I found a 50th AE pace car on amazon for $34.99 a couple days ago and ordered it. Did not see a vert though. Most of the cars I find on craigslist in origianl boxes.

Thank you! It's 11 p.m, and I just finished the floor. Completed the sides this afternoon. That's quite a collection you have! I have 10, all C5's except 2 ZR1's, and an AR State Patrol car with working sirens and lights (my son is a trooper there). It's really neat. I've never checked Craigslist. I try to only get UT/Autoart models. Some of them are pretty pricey!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1:18 scale garage