Sponsored by:

[Z06] Door Lock Sticking???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 AM
jpace
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Sticking???

My passenger door lock sometimes sticks. If you hit the button on the key fob or the door it doesn't always lock or unlock the door. This happens on passenger side only. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to check if something is broke?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 PM
RedRedRocket
Advanced

I have the same exact problem on my drivers door. I have brought it into the dealer serveral times and every time they say "there was nothing wrong". Funny thing is that the lock works fine for a while after it leaves there. I brought it in there a year ago, WAY outside the warranty and they said no fault found. Again the locks just started working again! If I had to guess....maybe it is a poor ground do to the lack of metal on the doors. Just a guess tho. I would really like to hear if someone on here has actually found a cause to this problem. Good Luck!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
jyajoe
Intermediate

Funny earlier i posted about a stuck power window. I was told to beat the shiat out of the door with a hammer (in a controlled manner of course.) and whatuknow. it worked. dam i love enthusiasts.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM
jpace
Intermediate

Yeah, its weird - sometimes it works fine and sometimes not at all? I do like your ground theory. I may have to check that out.Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Alex41
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My drivers door did this to me twice so far since purchasing the car in August.

My theory is the lock rods that move the inner lock mechanism may be in a bit of a bind and the motors are trying to push them open but have too much resistance on them to do it. When this happened I could still hear the motor trying to work in the drivers door.

I figured if it does it again I will remove the door pannel and lube all the rod mechanisms inside to see if this helps.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 AM
jpace
Intermediate

Thanks - I don't believe the motor is the problem, I can hear it working when I hit the buttons, so perhaps a lube job on the mechanism will help?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

Drivers door lock on mine will pull the same stunt, i'm guessing that because over the years the drivers door lock gets used more (i have mine programed to open only driver door on first unlock command from fob) an that the lock may need lubing. I noticed that my drivers door was not locking, so now I have started to lessening for the lock to activate. I'll be pulling the door card off and lubing the lock mech.

Mark.

Get notified of new replies

To Door Lock Sticking???

Quick Reply: [Z06] Door Lock Sticking???