Originally Posted by Ak_Darin
How much?
Those seats will go for $5-6k, judging by Caravaggio's normal seat pricing
Old 02-03-2014, 06:01 PM
PMPNSEZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Are you serious? These were YOUR seats, and they STILL haven't been installed?!??
Crazy right. Here's the kicker. My full interior was sent in 2011. STILL WAITING!!!! Original target completion date had to be end of Summer early fall to be ready for SEMA in 2011. Guess SEMA cars aren't a priority. Maybe if it was for a C6 or C7 it would've gotten done sooner. Guess the C5 guys no longer are important.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
85corvettec4
Drifting

those probably cost more than my daily driver
Old 02-03-2014, 07:35 PM
sprintguy1
Heel & Toe

How much for these bad boys?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:47 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by PMPNSEZ
Crazy right. Here's the kicker. My full interior was sent in 2011. STILL WAITING!!!! Original target completion date had to be end of Summer early fall to be ready for SEMA in 2011. Guess SEMA cars aren't a priority. Maybe if it was for a C6 or C7 it would've gotten done sooner. Guess the C5 guys no longer are important.
i'm really sorry to hear this

and it reminds me why i stopped modding cars and only deal with local shops

i would honestly be calling them daily if i was in your shoes. this is one of the highest priced outfits ever and they have service like this? there is more than one high end upholstery company in the world

there's no excuse for this sort of thing. one case like this has put many businesses out of business. reminds me of hennesey and his viper rip offs back in 2001-2003. keeping cars for a year, racing them, then throwing in a cam and sending them home
Old 02-03-2014, 08:41 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by racebum
i'm really sorry to hear this

i would honestly be calling them daily if i was in your shoes. this is one of the highest priced outfits ever and they have service like this? there is more than one high end upholstery company in the world

there's no excuse for this sort of thing. one case like this has put many businesses out of business.
I agree...

If what youre saying is true then I would have made this very public a long time ago.... I have absolutely zero patience and tolerance for deceit.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 PM
PMPNSEZ
Racer

Originally Posted by PeteZ06
I agree...

If what youre saying is true then I would have made this very public a long time ago.... I have absolutely zero patience and tolerance for deceit.

I have been troubled over the last two years about this situation. I would call almost everyday for weeks sometimes over a month with no response. Then I would get so aggravated over the lost sponsorships with other companies that I would force myself to not even think about it. I can't deal with this any longer. My car is so heavily modified that I refuse to spend another year without driving it. The body has been fully customized and has been sitting at one body shop for two years. He bailed on his sponsorship as the interior showed no signs of ever being done. That sponsorship alone was for around 20k+. Now I had to find a new body shop to complete the paint work. He can't do it either until the interior is back as a custom roll cage has to be fabed and painted. Everything hinges around the interior completion. Then the car was suppose to go to AMS for a AES 390 and upgraded turbos with custom sheet metal intake for 1000whp. I've been without this beast sooooo long that if I ever get it back it I just want to drive it for a year before going to AMS.

The thing that SUCKS so bad is driving a Toyota Camry hybrid around on nice spring/summer days remembering when I once had a TT ZO6 to cruise around in.

I used to go to LSX shoot outs, car shows, drag strips, on the CF forum etc. But without my ride I've had no desire to do any of it. I was raised at car shows/drag strips and have gasoline running through my veins. I have no idea how to get this project completed. I was a project manager for a construction company and now am working for the largest flooring manufacturer in the world helping to land 10 million dollar plus deals. Customer service is what I live for. All John would have to do is hire someone to be his administrator and keep people informed on project statuses. I just don't get it.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:02 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is uncalled for! Ever think of flying out there and demanding your seats/interior back? Seems a little odd that one would sit/wait for 2.5 years without getting any kind of sign that work was, or wasn't, being done. I wonder what the Caravaggio side of the story is....
Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by golfinz
This is uncalled for! Ever think of flying out there and demanding your seats/interior back? Seems a little odd that one would sit/wait for 2.5 years without getting any kind of sign that work was, or wasn't, being done. I wonder what the Caravaggio side of the story is....
Me too, but I gotta say that it definitely doesn't look good for John... I mean, he posted photos of the completed seat himself over a year ago, so I'm really not sure what he could possibly say for himself
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 AM
ptindall
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

That's .
Old 02-05-2014, 12:42 PM
newbs49
Instructor

I live about 2hrs away and thinking about his sport seats. I guess I'll have to think that over again or drive up when the snow clears in April. It would be nice if he had an explanation about this. Not good for future business. It's got me thinking of options.......

Quick Reply: [Z06] Caravaggio modified C5 seats