Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't want to be fast anymore

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 AM
BeastlyC5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is this so out of reach? What's the difference between it being like that from the factory and someone doing it themselves? Some of you guys mod your cars because you obviously want to change certain factory items to improve them.
Is this too technical for you guys? Just let me know.
I think that's what it is. I seemed to have asked something that has superceded your knowledge about cars.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's an aftermarket system-have fun:
http://www.fuelsmart.info/how-it-works.html

$300 bucks
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Just bend the Vette antenna back like the Beretta and you should be good for 50+ mpg.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Haxzaw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BeastlyC5
You know, not everyone needs to run on all 8 cylinders.
Yeah, I know some people who aren't running on all 8 cylinders...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

It's ok to just admit that you don't know instead of being an *** about it. I'm looking for serious responses from knowledgable people. As I can see, not many of those around.
From your question, I can ASSURE you, that if you got a SERIOUS answer from a KNOWLEDGABLE person, there is no way in HELL you would ever understand it.

The joke has become stale. Sell the car. You are not the demographic GM was targeting.

Just a note, how many gallons does each car hold? You would fill up a motorcycle more often that a car, for example.

I get 18/27 in my Corvette, but wouldn't care if it was 4/5. I'd still drive it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
didntdoit11
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

I just pulled my motor . I will pull 4 pistons and i might even cut crank in half 4 you if you would like to buy it.... 8000 thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Haxzaw
Intermediate

Why is this so out of reach? What's the difference between it being like that from the factory and someone doing it themselves? Some of you guys mod your cars because you obviously want to change certain factory items to improve them.
Is this too technical for you guys? Just let me know.
I think that's what it is. I seemed to have asked something that has superceded your knowledge about cars.
Seriously, it isn't possible. The engines that do this are computer controlled to shut off fuel, eliminate spark, and stop the valves from opening. You just can't do that, not possible. You could stick a Dodge Hemi in it, and use their engine management computer to operate it like they intend, but that's pretty technical and expensive.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Haxzaw
Seriously, it isn't possible. The engines that do this are computer controlled to shut off fuel, eliminate spark, and stop the valves from opening. You just can't do that, not possible. You could stick a Dodge Hemi in it, and use their engine management computer to operate it like they intend, but that's pretty technical and expensive.
It is possible and not very expensive:
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

What other vehicles do you have?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM
BeastlyC5
Intermediate

But wouldn't pulling the plugs eliminate spark? What about doing something with the injectors? I don't understand why I need a computer to do this. Can't you just manually do it?
No Dodge thank you very much. I'm a Chevy guy to the death.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(

Originally Posted by 95rtturbo

I'd definitely "hit it" with the girl in the middle of the front row, and to two behind her...maybe make a sandwich with all three....second thought, the girl on the left in the second row can watch or hold the camera or something
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 AM
BeastlyC5
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STALION
I'd definitely "hit it" with the girl in the middle of the front row, and to two behind her...maybe make a sandwich with all three
Bro, maybe you should go cruise the less technical sections of the forum instead of filling my thread with nonesense.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Here ya go!

Originally Posted by onebadeagle
i'll bet you could swap your old nasty a$$ ls1 to somebody for maybe a honda motor
yep-yep!!
Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Bro, maybe you should go cruise the less technical sections of the forum instead of filling my thread with nonesense.
Beastly, no offense but its hard to take this seriously, so let me tell you why....the first pic you posted shows you in front of a decent house in what looks to be a decent neighborhood, you have a nice clean vette with an motorcycle in the background, yet you also have what looks to be a crappy beretta that doesn't look like it has Illinois plates, and it's in what looks to be a "shady" part of town, so I see flaws everywhere. Just find it hard to believe your gripping about gas mileage while living in good place with multiple vehicles....BTW, what kind of bike is that in the garage?

Last edited by STALION; 12-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Haxzaw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 3boystoys
It is possible and not very expensive:
There's always some miracle device that pops up when gas prices spike. Seems to me if that thing worked, car companies would buy it, add it to some of their cars and charge a lot more for the tech. I don't believe that thing works, and I sure wouldn't try it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I only see one of us in this thread with "nonesense".

Get notified of new replies

To I don't want to be fast anymore

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

There's always some miracle device that pops up when gas prices spike. Seems to me if that thing worked, car companies would buy it, add it to some of their cars and charge a lot more for the tech. I don't believe that thing works, and I sure wouldn't try it.
I'm sure it will work better than him pulling SPARK PLUGS. They had it on that GRZ show with Stacey David so there might be SOME HOPE that it could work. My point was that it the FUEL SYSTEM that get deactivated, not ignition.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
BeastlyC5
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STALION
Beastly, no offense but its hard to take this seriously, so let me tell you why....the first pic you posted shows you in front of a decent house in what looks to be a decent neighborhood, you have a nice clean vette with an motorcycle in the background, yet you also have what looks to be a crappy beretta that doesn't look like it has Illinois plates, and it's in what looks to be a "shady" part of town, so I see flaws everywhere....BTW, what kind of bike is that in the garage?
'02 Honda CBR954RR

Bro, the Beretta has been with me for a while. Thanks for the compliments on the house. I just won a nice large settlement(rather not talk about it, it's a bit embarrassing) so I treated myself to some toys. I have some shots of it next to my vette in the garage I can post later when I get home if you don't believe me.
I don't understand why this is so difficult.

Last edited by BeastlyC5; 12-10-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Haxzaw
Intermediate

But wouldn't pulling the plugs eliminate spark? What about doing something with the injectors? I don't understand why I need a computer to do this. Can't you just manually do it?
No Dodge thank you very much. I'm a Chevy guy to the death.
Pull the plug to eliminate spark, turn off the injector, start the engine. The deactivated cylinders will pull in air, compress it, and eject it, just like normal except there's no fuel. That useless compression stroke will steal power. The computer manages everything so you have power to move the car from a stop, or pull up a hill, then when there is no engine load, it can turn off cylinders. How well would half a LS1 engine get that C5 away from a stop light?

Quick Reply: I don't want to be fast anymore