Sponsored by:

Jealous morons abound

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM
mikes1hog
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oldtimer

I believe that there is one forgotten point here. It has nothing to do with the economy, the president, working or unemployed or underemployed. It has all to do with respect. Respect for country,, respect for other humans, respect for others property, respect for other peoples needs. There is little respect in this country for people, their philosophy, their property, and this country. Just take a look at our guys coming home from the war of the last 10 years. The gov't sent them and we can't take care of their needs. We have to form volunteer squads and beg for money to help our troops. So we have the subhumans and we have the government; both lacking respect. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 636 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
You drive your vette to go get a massage? I'm sorry but that's funny, I don't know why!

But to your point, people have lost respect. It's the entitlement attitude of people. Instead of admiring it and declaring one day I will have one, they start trashing those who do.

anyone who doesn't believe this look around you at what's going on in this country!!

It seems like respect and personal responsibility are becoming a thing of the past. So sad.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,686 Likes on 1,485 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mikes1hog
I believe that there is one forgotten point here. It has nothing to do with the economy, the president, working or unemployed or underemployed. It has all to do with respect. Respect for country,, respect for other humans, respect for others property, respect for other peoples needs. There is little respect in this country for people, their philosophy, their property, and this country. Just take a look at our guys coming home from the war of the last 10 years. The gov't sent them and we can't take care of their needs. We have to form volunteer squads and beg for money to help our troops. So we have the subhumans and we have the government; both lacking respect. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
That's OK, we all get on our soapbox once in awhile.

Whether you are blue or red, it doesn't matter. I for one would gladly have my tax dollars go to provide health care and social services for our returning veterans. I believe that if you served your country honorably, health care should be free for life. It's the least the rest of us can do for the veterans risking their lives in some god-forsaken part of the world.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Funnone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HATERS.......
Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM
memmer
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I too have a 2001 C5 convertible and I refuse to be held hostage to a multitude of azzwipes that have no respect for anyone or anything.Most of the 10-12 year old corvettes are pretty much pristine because the owners of vettes have had to work and save to get them and take very good care of them.I never put my top up"once in 2 years"and I don't plan on doing it in the future.Walmart, home depot, drive inns, motels,it doesn't matter.I am not looking forward to the day that some SOB vandalizes my vette but I cannot let someone else dictate to me how I live my life.We have the government doing too much of that already.Just saying
Fred

Last edited by memmer; 10-08-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by fishbust
Just try to be happy knowing one day, some day, they will do it to the wrong person at the wrong time on the wrong day....and then they won't be doing it anymore.
You couldnt be more right...just a matter of time when they run across a guy that will take matters into his own hands!!! Bring it on!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by saxtonfwd
I have been in the Marine Corps for 20 plus years and have worked my way from Private on up and over the years have sacrificed my family, my life, and do so at my choice. So last year when I finally got my dream car 01 Vert I neither feel guilty nor am rich by any means. When people compliment me on my 12 year old car I just nod my head and thank them. I bought the car for me and not anyone else and find it a great outlet for having fun and enjoy every minute of it. With that said, I would protect my car just as I would anything else
Well said....
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sl1d3r
i don't have a problem working. In fact, i want to work. I even have a college degree.

I only ask that i am paid a wage that will allow me to live independently.

I am a federal employee. Correction: I used to be a federal employee.

The problem is that my employer places new employees on a part-time status. I will even overlook the fact that they paid me under $15 an hour. But, if you pay your employees less than $15 and limit them to 25hrs a week, you are not helping them to become independent.

My last paycheck was under $600. Nobody can be independent and fully support themselves if they make less than $2000 a month.

To make matters worse, my employer provides employee parking for $50 a month. I tried to avoid this expense and had my car towed. It cost me $430 to retrieve my car.

My employer wanted me to write a statement explaining why my car was towed. Feeling that the statement was unnecessary and would have been used to justifying a dismissal, i resigned.

If i wasn't poor, i would have paid $50 for parking.

Not everything is black in white. Let's not turn this into an argument about the poor, lower/underclass, or less fortunate.

We should be trying to bring people up, not keep them down.

Right and wrong IS black and white!

Originally Posted by bobafett
i commend you for wanting to work and for earning a college degree.

As long as you are working, you are not living independently.

Its not your employers responsibility to help you do so either.

Very true that everything is not black and white, in fact i would say most of what exists, exists in gray.

However fortunate or unfortunate someone may be, in most cases there are choices to be made. In no way should this type of behavior be tolerated, so im with killain on this. Trying to bring ppl up is commendable, but you're doing no good if your attempt fails and you're just brought down as well.
You cannot help some1 that does not truly want to be helped.

Gray is and always be an exuse for those without courage.

Originally Posted by retiredsfc 97
you drive your vette to go get a massage? I'm sorry but that's funny, i don't know why!

But to your point, people have lost respect. It's the entitlement attitude of people. Instead of admiring it and declaring one day i will have one, they start trashing those who do.

Anyone who doesn't believe this look around you at what's going on in this country!!
Exactly!

Originally Posted by mikes1hog
i believe that there is one forgotten point here. It has nothing to do with the economy, the president, working or unemployed or underemployed. It has all to do with respect. Respect for country,, respect for other humans, respect for others property, respect for other peoples needs. There is little respect in this country for people, their philosophy, their property, and this country. Just take a look at our guys coming home from the war of the last 10 years. The gov't sent them and we can't take care of their needs. We have to form volunteer squads and beg for money to help our troops. So we have the subhumans and we have the government; both lacking respect. Sorry, i'll get off my soapbox now.

never get off that soapbox! You are spot on!

Last edited by Silverbullet00; 10-08-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
doublec4
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts

Had some little sh*t head kids light fireworks off the trunk lid of my Fiero a couple years ago. I only wish I could have witnessed them do it. I would have lit those things up and shoved them so far up their a$$es they're be sparks flying out of their ears.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Marine One
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saxtonfwd
I have been in the Marine Corps for 20 plus years and have worked my way from Private on up and over the years have sacrificed my family, my life, and do so at my choice. So last year when I finally got my dream car 01 Vert I neither feel guilty nor am rich by any means. When people compliment me on my 12 year old car I just nod my head and thank them. I bought the car for me and not anyone else and find it a great outlet for having fun and enjoy every minute of it. With that said, I would protect my car just as I would anything else
Thanks for your service and Semper Fi!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 PM
robert123
Drifting

I have a couple of neighbors that are so jealous of my 14 year old c5 vert that when I drive down the street they look the other way. Their SUVs are worth more than my c5.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
You drive your vette to go get a massage? I'm sorry but that's funny, I don't know why!

But to your point, people have lost respect. It's the entitlement attitude of people. Instead of admiring it and declaring one day I will have one, they start trashing those who do.

anyone who doesn't believe this look around you at what's going on in this country!!

Work ethic, respect, morals........it's all gone.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
64Corvette
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Instilled value system

This is not mine, I copied it but it is very well said and wanted to pass it along!!
I really think any criticism towards the youth of today is completely unfair.
If there is something missing with them, (and I'm not sure that there is), speaking in broad generalities, we should assert the blame in the right place. It's my fault along with the rest of my generation! After all, it is my generation that raised today's youth and instilled their value system (or lack of). It was my generation that decided we were going to be friends with our kids instead of being tough love parents!
My generation set out on an all out quest to be different from our parents. We were the first generation that was anti-war. We took protesting to an art form. There was much to protest too. Lack of civil rights and an unpopular war gave us much to question. We also questioned authority because we were starting to realize police brutality was real and so was abuse of political power. In our disillusionment, and partly as an effort to rebel and escape life’s harsh realities, to be anti-establishment, to **** off our parents, we grew our hair, we got high on drugs, and we tuned out. And ultimately, as a final vestige of trying so hard to be different from our parents, we decided we were going to experiment with our kids, and raise them in a different way.

To protect our children's fragile and sensitive self-esteem, we gave EVERYONE a trophy, EVERYONE played (regardless of skill), and we actually STOPPED keeping scores!!! After all, we didn't want to bruise their poor widdle feelings, right?
We also stopped disciplining our children too. No more spankings because some parents took spanking too far and physically abused their children. So, to protect those abused children from abusive parents, we used a broad brush and made it illegal to spank ANY child under ANY circumstances! Oh, and that goes DOUBLE for teachers too!
And speaking of teachers, it was THEIR fault that our children did poorly in class. It was the TEACHERS fault that our children were not academically motivated. We didn't have time to accept responsibility for making sure our kids performed well in school. We were too busy with our dual careers.
So when you’re stopped at a red light, and the youth pulls up next to you in his car, with all of his windows down, and music blasting as if he really just doesn't give a rip that he might be infringing on YOUR rights for peaceful sanctity, we should make sure the blame is placed with the right people. It isn't he, who didn't teach him to be respectful or considerate of others; it was ME and the rest of my generation that failed him. We completely blew it and now there is no turning back.
Thanks for letting me vent. I should go buy a model car.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,378 Likes on 14,023 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

You're right - there are plenty of idiots out there.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM
retired cop
Instructor

I was working foot patrol on the beach during an air and sea show. Me and my partner were stopped by a guy who saw someone throw a lit cigarette on the drivers side seat of his very nice Ferrari. Burned the leather real bad. We caught up to the guy and he was not a kid around 40 years old. He would not say why he did it. The cars owner was a professional bodybuilder he was huge. Needless to say I thought we were really going to have a problem as he was very angry. He yelled at the guy for 2 or 3 mins then said ok I will just get it fixed. Why would someone do that to someones car ? I dont get it.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:41 AM
SL1D3R
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

He saw something nice and had to destroy it.

Humans have been doing it for years.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

so we should just tolerate it...?
think of it as no bid deal...?
elaborate...

Get notified of new replies

To Jealous morons abound

Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 AM
SL1D3R
Drifting

WA Events Coordinator

Kick him in the nuts. I don't know. Do whatever you want to do.

I'm just saying that nothing will change the fact that this mindset has been ingrained in humans for a long time.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 AM
SL1D3R
Drifting

WA Events Coordinator

Here you go. I saw this beautiful car at the airport and, instead of getting jealous and shatting all over it, I decided to take a picture.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by SL1D3R
Kick him in the nuts. I don't know. Do whatever you want to do.

I'm just saying that nothing will change the fact that this mindset has been ingrained in humans for a long time.
and liberal America promotes and endorses this mindset, and yet they voted for change...

Last edited by Boba Fett; 10-09-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Jealous morons abound