Sponsored by:

Under Hood Liner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 AM
realsmooth
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under Hood Liner

I puchased a nice under the deck lid liner for my C5 and now would like to either make or purchase the same for under the hood. What is best, to buy a commercial one already made or make my own. What kind of heat resistant material do I buy? After I have it cut out and ready to install, I also plan to put a nice C5 decal on it. What would be a good glue to use, so that the liner or the decal does not fall off? Where could I buy a commercial liner?
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Randyman2002
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by realsmooth
I puchased a nice under the deck lid liner for my C5 and now would like to either make or purchase the same for under the hood. What is best, to buy a commercial one already made or make my own. What kind of heat resistant material do I buy? After I have it cut out and ready to install, I also plan to put a nice C5 decal on it. What would be a good glue to use, so that the liner or the decal does not fall off? Where could I buy a commercial liner?
Thanks for your help.
Given the fact that the hood liner is not flat and has some pre-formed areas I'm not sure how you would make one to fit tight to the underside of the entire hood. I would not use glue to attach it to the hood.

The pre-formed areas provide some structual rigidity to the liner which helps keep it in place. For the C5 decal... I've only seen the emblem painted on the hood liner, that's what I did.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:26 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 404 Posts

I got the CAR Motorsports C5 Logo hood liner about 6 months ago. Very high quality and very fast delivery. Couldn't be happier and much higher quality than any others I've seen at car shows. Strongly recommend these folks.

http://www.carmotorsports.com/corvet....php#build_UHI

Click on "Popular Designs" as a starting point. They will customize. The liner I got is very, very black material and the logos are all embroidered, not painted. Killer look.

I don't have a good pic of mine available since I'm out of town but the link below is a pic of a nice one for a yellow C5. Mine is similar but in torch red.

http://www.carmotorsports.com/images...s/P1040793.JPG

Last edited by B747VET; 09-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:14 PM
havocdog
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at hoodliners.net. Very nice product.I have it on mine and I'm impressed witht he quality and fit and the decal looks great IMO. There's a picture in my profile(crappy pic though.)

Get notified of new replies

To Under Hood Liner

Quick Reply: Under Hood Liner