2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
I get positive comments from ladies all the time!

But for some reason, I get some unpleasant looks and even comments from guys. I have no idea why!

Love it! Making new friends all the time...
Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by baxsom
I just love these threads. Either I just dont pay attention to the people in other cars or I just live in an area where people dont give a rats *** about 12 year old cars. My C3 gets thumbs up or a look every now and then but here you can throw a rock and hit 4 C5s before i drops.
Around my neck of the woods, it rare to see any Vettes! (Did see a 2012 ZR1 on Thursday!) Usually only out on weekends in nice weather (Not this weekend!) I dont give a crap what people think! Couple of my neighbors have a tude about the vette. I say they can kiss my @ss!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 AM
tsts
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I went out with the guys last night to a local hotrod hangout. We parked, and as I get out of my car some jackass walks up to me and says, "How is it a guy driving a Corvette is handicapped?" I looked at him like the idiot he was and calmly asked if he would like to see the surgical scars on my spine, as if I had to explain why I have handicap plates, or that it makes any difference at all to anyone other than me. He responded with a no and walked away.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're making complete fools of themselves.
Axxholes are everywhere!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:09 AM
skeet
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember ever getting a dirty look in my Corvettes but i got the finger in my Hummer H3 driving back from where I bought it in Las Vegas.
Once in a while I still get the finger and once got double fingers from a guy driving a Pathfinder behind me. I drive very sane and when I pulled up to him at a light he refused to look at me. The H3 is a magnet for unhappy, jealous and frustrated people is all I can think of.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 AM
starquest52
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Blitzkrieg;1581428494]I get positive comments from ladies all the time!

But for some reason, I get some unpleasant looks and even comments from guys. I have no idea why!

Thats awesome
Old 07-30-2012, 03:53 AM
StevieB
Le Mans Master

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

I can’t believe that this topic had 1 reply, it’s completely inane.

The other day when I was wearing my white gym shoes, as I only do on special occasions, people looked at them differently. They normally look at them as if they are the best gym shoes in the world. I just don’t get it, boo-hoo for me.

HUH?

I have had fun with the idiots in OFF TOPIC. It’s not very hard to play around with them, they are just sheer entertainment.
I’m not sure if I’m having a psychotic break or if this is actual reality. OFF TOPIC morons really think that they are funny. Seriously, isn’t this an OFF TOPIC subject?

Last edited by StevieB; 07-30-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: add comment
Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 AM
FiberglassFan
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Every once in a while I'll pull into an area that has a bar nearby and invariably some half drunk guy is staggering out with a cigarette stuck in his mouth and he will look straight at me and start mouthing off about the rich bit** in her Corvette....I calmly stop and tell them it cost less to buy and own than what they spend on cigaretes every month, and that I could afford another one on the money they spend on booze, and then I say I'm sorry for them that they made such a shi**y desision about how to spend thier money....Lets see...a Corvette like this, or MORE money for garbage thats bad for you, and I always tell them its not too late to change, if they REALLY want to have a nice car, just stop wasting money on garbage! ....Hmmmm,,, tough decison for some I guess.

How is it that poor people always have money for cigarettes, alcohol, drugs or other vices, but never have money for clothing or food for their kids, let alone a decent home or car? I'm certainly not rich....I work to make a living, and bought my Corvette with a finance program just like most people with an income can do.....I'm happy it is paid off and plan on enjoying it for as long as I am ambulatory and mentally congnicent.

It is kinda cool that our affordable C5s are so good looking that some people confuse them for mega dollar exotics. but the mis placed jelousy from a few of them gets old real fast.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 AM
glasguydj
Instructor

i get dirty looks sometimes but could care less. i have been to car shows where people walk by my vette and talk trash, then they walk over to there piece of rust that they brought to the show and i always make a point to walk over to them and tell them how i like there car just to show them they are asses. whats funny is i own a 1967 vw bug thats all customized with a hp engine that will actually eat my vette up for the first three gears lol. Now .. you should see the faces of the people when i pull that bug into a car show and all the people leave there cars to come look at my lil old vw bug. I was actually removed from a car show because the american made car owners were pissed off that a little bug was taking from there attention. Its so funny how people are. Yeah i own a vette and a beetle so i cant wait to take them both to a car show at the same time so i can sit back and listen to people talk crap. bottom line, people are wierd and jelouse no matter if you have a clean vette or a clean vw beetle and i cant believe how people think at times. it makes me laugh
Old 07-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Gl!tch
Racer

I also get the wow looks and replies of "nice vette" in either my C5 or C4. I did have some bonehead ask me once if the C4 was 6 or 8 cylinder..LMAO! He had just stepped out of his Hyundai. Had a guy last week at the grocery store parking lot tell me that he had never seen anyone stuffing a cart load of groceries in "one of them things" (my C5) before (as he climbed into his Toyota truck). I told him that's because all of the other people weren't having fun and were pissed off because of it. BTW, I am 50+ so I don't give a rat's *** either...LOL.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 AM
XPLOSYV
Racer

lol...i normally get the WOW look...but when i'm riding in full uniform, i sometimes get the "how the heck does a cop afford a Vette???" look...i love all of them anyway!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by StevieB
I can’t believe that this topic had 1 reply, it’s completely inane.

The other day when I was wearing my white gym shoes, as I only do on special occasions, people looked at them differently. They normally look at them as if they are the best gym shoes in the world. I just don’t get it, boo-hoo for me.

HUH?

I have had fun with the idiots in OFF TOPIC. It’s not very hard to play around with them, they are just sheer entertainment.
I’m not sure if I’m having a psychotic break or if this is actual reality. OFF TOPIC morons really think that they are funny. Seriously, isn’t this an OFF TOPIC subject?
Yeah thinking about it it really is more for people who want to bring attention to themselves.

It's not just vettes that get this type of attention. It's cadillacs, new Mustangs, new Camaros etc.

Some people buy vettes to bring attention to themselves and others like me don't give it a second thought.

I think we're called car guys. We seem to be a dying breed though because we live in a society of glam, glitter and reality TV.

However when someone does make the "it must be nice comment" I typically respond yeah I like it and let it go at that.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
mxz800
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think your old I was sitting at a light in my 74 convert when a car full of kids pulled up in a beater with a heater. The driver says that is one nasty looking vette. I went home an I was almost done washing it when my son said I think he meant it was nice.

I don't care what others think anymore I just ignore them.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
I like the reactions the 'Vette gets from kids!!!

DSTURBD
YES!!!!! You hit the nail on the head with this one. It NEVER fails. Little boys AND girls. They point and their little mouth just drops as they are pulling on their parents pant leg trying to tell them to look. That is until i get close enough and my "misfire" gets there attention
Old 07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,486 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ZZ06
YES!!!!! You hit the nail on the head with this one. It NEVER fails. Little boys AND girls. They point and their little mouth just drops as they are pulling on their parents pant leg trying to tell them to look. That is until i get close enough and my "misfire" gets there attention
What's really cool is that the young kids (under 10) have grown up in the era of the C6 so they may not recognize too many older Corvettes.

I remember one time when I picked my son up from grade school two years ago after an after-school event. It was dusk and I when I pulled up in the pick-up circle, I turned on my pop ups (ACA HIDs) and the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever as there aren't too many cars with pop-up lights anymore. They were all pointing at the car!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:40 AM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I get a lot of looks when i drive by....maybe the B&B bullets have something to do about it.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Khaalathas
Instructor

Never any dirty looks when im in mine. I get lots of Whoa Cool car and Is that a race car from kids and teenagers. And alot of must be nice to be able to afford such a nice car from adults. I explain to them they arent that expensive you just have to be willing to live with some impracticality. People always think that its way newer then what it is.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
I like the reactions the 'Vette gets from kids!!!

DSTURBD

Get notified of new replies

To Been getting some pretty dirty looks in the vette

Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Rockbridge
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Had two extremes last week.

First, I'm at a gas station cleaning my windshield, 02 yellow vert, just recently detailed and had the top down.

This skinhead looking dude driving a jeep wrangler says "it's still a piece of s**t"

I said "what did you say? and he repeated his comment. Then he said "just messing with you man".

I'll soon be 68 and he was about 20 if it weren't for my age and physical condition there would be a lot more to this story. I quit playing in the gravel a while back so I simply drove away.

Later in the week I'm cruising along and noticed a pickup deliberately driving right beside me. All of a sudden this real cute girl puts down the tinted passenger window and holds out a camera and takes my picture. What a compliment!

There's all kinds of people out there! Some good, some bad and yes, even some ugly ones!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:45 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,486 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Rockbridge
Had two extremes last week.

First, I'm at a gas station cleaning my windshield, 02 yellow vert, just recently detailed and had the top down.

This skinhead looking dude driving a jeep wrangler says "it's still a piece of s**t"

I said "what did you say? and he repeated his comment. Then he said "just messing with you man".

I'll soon be 68 and he was about 20 if it weren't for my age and physical condition there would be a lot more to this story. I quit playing in the gravel a while back so I simply drove away.

Later in the week I'm cruising along and noticed a pickup deliberately driving right beside me. All of a sudden this real cute girl puts down the tinted passenger window and holds out a camera and takes my picture. What a compliment!

There's all kinds of people out there! Some good, some bad and yes, even some ugly ones!
The "skinhead looking dude" obviously has some self-esteem issues if he has to go that far out of his way to put someone down in order to make himself feel a little bit better. Even though he eventually "apologized", he displayed his true colors.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:06 AM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default There is hope for the younger generation!

Me and the Wife went for a short ride yesterday. Stopped at Stewarts for Milk and were getting back into the car when a maybe 16 ish girl says I like your car. We both said Thank you!

Quick Reply: Been getting some pretty dirty looks in the vette