Sponsored by:

Advice needed (long read) sorry.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

There comes a time when you have done all you can and turn over the problem to an attorney who handles these types of problems. (a personal injury attorney) A good attorney will file a law suite ......pain and suffering....loss of use of vehicle....and expenses. Also turn this over to your insurance company.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 AM
SS2001SS
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Update?
Old 07-23-2012, 05:22 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

all of the above, and for heaven's sake nothing states you can't name the vendor here....man up and let us know who it is...it may help!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Vetteriffic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a crazy story....you are way to patient....they are definately dicking you around....sounds too crooked to me...lawyer up asap and go after them...no more Mr Nice Guy!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 PM
KillSwitchNY
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear it man. You sound like a really nice/patient guy. Nasty customer time is way overdue. Make sure you get what you deserve out of this disaster.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:05 PM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the rest of the posters on here that you definitely need to get an attorney.

Take exactly what you posted in this thread and print it out and give it to the attorney to read and go over with you. No if and's or but's about it!!

I would love to know the name of the shop that's supposedly doing the shady work for you.

If you posted the name of the shop on here maybe it will wake there *** up and get something done about it. Sounds like they are also taking advantage of you because of your distance from there shop to your home. Just saying and good luck to you.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by GenerationX1
I agree with the rest of the posters on here that you definitely need to get an attorney.

Take exactly what you posted in this thread and print it out and give it to the attorney to read and go over with you. No if and's or but's about it!!

I would love to know the name of the shop that's supposedly doing the shady work for you.

If you posted the name of the shop on here maybe it will wake there *** up and get something done about it. Sounds like they are also taking advantage of you because of your distance from there shop to your home. Just saying and good luck to you.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
OkieBikerDude
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It sounds like they are getting a lot more use out of your car than you are. Get a lawyer, two large friends and go for a drive.

Did I mention that I have some land in Florida that would make you a fortune right after it's drained?

I joke but I am sad for you. Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

OBD
Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I was in a situation like yours a month ago. A local GM dealer wrecked our 5 day old car. $4000 damage according to their body shop estimate. I was given the run-a-round by the general manager for 2 weeks. I called one lawyer on my prepaid legal plan and she didn't want to do anything against the dealer because "they are the only ones that I let work on my car". I talked to a second lawyer. Time for reality to set in. Second lawyer said I have a great case and we can take them to court. But, through her law firms experience, the first 6 months will result in a continuance granted by the court. The second six months will get things rolling but I will be without a vehicle and making notes the entire time.
Long story short, mention lawyer and things do not always change for the better. You can no longer deal directly with the shop in regards to your corvette. I'm not sure how the car insurance is in your state, but your car insurance covers any damages to your vehicle and any other damages if some one is diving your car with your permission. A wreck is one thing, slow repairs are another.
Go directly to the owner and start taking written notes. It is quicker and easier to deal directly with the owner than to go through a lawyer. The lawyer is the only one who will win in that case. Good luck to you.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:14 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

First of all, you should be telling the forum who the shop is, to prevent your fellow forum members from having a similar fiasco. I don't think it would be out of line. This shop has some seriously wrong business ethics. Secondly, from the point where you mentioned a sticking throttle it sounded fishy to me. C5's have electric throttle bodies, there is no cable or whatever to stick. This just isn't an issue with our cars, just a BS excuse from the shop.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:18 AM
tsts
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by z06scentair
Call the Police and get an attorney. That's it Period!
Ditto that! You are being lied to and jerked around, time to get nasty.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
RockyF150
Burning Brakes

As much as I would love to tell you all the details I'm not going to. I'm still trying to get this taken care of. One thing I have found i need though is a body shop that does estimates in or around Columbus, Ohio.

Anyone know of a good one that deals in corvettes and custom work that will do an estimate?
Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 518 Likes on 315 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 thru '24
Oldtimer

Default Whats next ???????

Originally Posted by runner140*
There comes a time when you have done all you can and turn over the problem to an attorney who handles these types of problems. (a personal injury attorney) A good attorney will file a law suite ......pain and suffering....loss of use of vehicle....and expenses. Also turn this over to your insurance company.
Well look, whether or not the vendor is a sponsor or not is a side issue. First off you are at fault for not looking out for YOU ! Get a lawyer and I promise you a Lawyer is a professional answer getter. But I don't know about your state, or for that matter what state, or what state the shop is in or the car or whoever or whatever, but the stature of limitations is two years in Pennsylvania, after that you just S*&T out of LUCK.

If you don't get a lawyer and untangle this situation your gonna wind up with a pile of parts in what was a Corvette and your going to be telling this sad tale for the next five years.If your not going to look out for you, I promise you nobody is, Wake up, Get up and get into this stupid situation before it's a lost cause.

And what the hell kind of a mailbox takes out the whole passengers side of a Corvette???? Did he go through the house and then hit the mailbox, or did he hit the mailbox and then drove through the house. I'm sorry, but this story has more curves that a cats tail !

Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 PM
RockyF150
Burning Brakes

a mail box enclosed in bricks.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:10 PM
KenShores
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by z06scentair
Call the Police and get an attorney. That's it Period!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Big Duk
Pro

First of all you don't check for sticky throttle with the car in gear, let alone driving it! These aholes were having fun beating on your car. and none of them will step up cause too many have joy ridden your car. Fix after hours? I bet anything that idea does'nt come from a business owner, but from someone trying to cover some butts & thier jobs. These are all IDIOTS all that are involved. Don't lower your standards to thier level. Stop taking B.S. excuses & plans w/ no end from them. Unless you don't care much for your car, hang em high! does'nt matter if they are CF vendors or not! That should not be used as a means of protection for them! Stop them before they get away with it AGAIN.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 PM
gizmominou
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tsts
Ditto that! You are being lied to and jerked around, time to get nasty.
that really sucks, no more mister nice guy

Get notified of new replies

To Advice needed (long read) sorry.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
LouWags
Pro

Your car should already be in a shop getting repaired on the repair shop's dime. It's been nearly two weeks now.

I think you're talking to the wrong people, namely, you need to talk to the owner, nobody less.

Also, I don't understand the need to keep the name of the shop off this board. If I were to get into the same scenario with the same company, I think I'd be pretty ticked at you.

--Wag--
Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Don't get a lawyer. Big waste of time and even bigger waste of money. You'll never get the money back you spend on the lawyer, and it will only take that much longer for justice to be served.

My solution: Get a rope, do the thirteen coils thing with it to make a really good noose, then find a suitable tree. Take the owner to that tree, show him the rope and then tell him to do whatever you think you need to have done to fix the situation.

If he doesn't comply, then simply use the noose for its intended purpose.

Texas justice. Very few repeat offenders after its administered.

the Lizzard
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
jbondfl
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Default Bs

I don't know how I missed seeing this thread for three weeks.
I also don't know how none of you have thrown the BIG yet.

Come on guys. This car goes in the shop for what sounds like a clutch and doesn't come out for 6 months?
And then, when it gets a new engine the owner lets the "reputable" shop drive it around for break-in (what 200-500 miles?) before it gets tuned?

They crash the car but don't want the owner to call the paint shop they have it in???

SERIOUSLY!!!??? You guys are buying this? IF the OP really let all this go one for 6-7 months, with all the BS answers the shop gave him He deserves what he gets.

IF this really happened at all, that car was repaired in a week, with the new clutch it needed and these guys have been joyriding for 7 months.

Nothing about this sounds believable or reasonable. Come on........

Quick Reply: Advice needed (long read) sorry.