Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

www.rogerscorvette.com
Old 10-29-2012, 04:31 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by pickleseimer
Same here.

I'm trying to see it from your point of view, but as an owner of a car you are looking for (in every respect save one, it's a 6-speed) I have a strong sense of what it might be like to be the seller talking to you. Nothing personal, but as a theoretical seller what you want is for me to give the car to you, and I sense, perhaps mistakenly, your tone is a little like you feel entitled to it. After all the care and attention I've given this car, why would I or anyone want to sell it? It is in better condition than many C6's out there already. The only reason the 'pristine' C5s even exist, considering their age, are because someone took the extra steps to keep them that way. If mine were for sale, I would be walking away from this within a few minutes. If you wanta play, you gotta pay up for the good ones.

Good luck to you and keep looking.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Ranrich55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '01 Z51 Convertible

I bought this vert last weekend and except for the fact that it's got 56K miles, it's exactly what the OP is looking for. One owner, pristine condition, obviously well maintained, clean Carfax showing every scheduled maintenance, etc. Very happy with my purchase. $17.5K

Old 10-29-2012, 04:45 PM
hb32
Instructor

I had a local buyer interested and he offered me 17k, asking 25k, with the line, " I am dealing on a 08 LS3 car in the mid 30`s" Huh?? Not sure where this correlates with my C5. I think he was either low balling me or now has a C6.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by hb32
Reading the posts and really wonder where I am going wrong selling mine. I have it posted in the for sale section, nothing but low ball offers and threads claiming its over priced compared to a C6.
It does not meet your criteria in regards to an auto but it is an 02 TR 6 speed Z51 1SC convertible garage queen with 17,031 miles on it. I am asking 25k for it, which after doing lots of research, seems to be a fair price considering that it is a Z51 vert.
I have it listed local and a potential buyer emailed me saying he was close to closing a deal on a 08 with double the mileage for mid 30`s but would give me 17k. I suspect he was either fishing or has the C6 in his garage as I was not taking a 30% hair cut.
It is soon to be parked for the rainy season and I will see what the spring brings.
Good luck in your search.
People claim they can't find what they want. The truth is most likely closer to they can't find one for free.

Your car is priced fair imo. I have been guilty in the past of making statements like, "that's C6, or C5 territory" myself. But that's stupid talk. A buyer either wants a C5 or they are payment buyers and compare prices to year of cars, which you can't do.

It's like telling a seller of a Split Window, well jethro that there is ZR 1 territory.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
hb32
Instructor

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
Your car is priced fair imo.
Thanks and thats what I thought also.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
hb32
Instructor

Originally Posted by Catnip
At their prices, mine is really a bargain.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:24 PM
canada9
Cruising

Have a 2002 conv. with 27,000 6 speed black, black, black with 3.42 gear will have to email pictures don't know how to post on forum. only mod is exhaust and radio but car perf in SC
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WildTurkey
I think most low-mileage verts that meet your criteria are lifers and the owners dont plan to sell (like me) ,but keep searching - there must be some out there. GOOD LUCK

Me too, bought new 2002 TR vert sc1 6 spd - now 20,000 miles

10 years went by quick

looking forward to many more sunny topless days

you get what you pay for
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Brackneyc
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most guys drive their Vettes. Drop the mileage requirement, and I bet you will find many which would work for you. That is unless you just like to say you ave a sub-20k mile car.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Just too picky imho
Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
jpalamar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact County Corvette in West Chester, PA. They can get you anything you want.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
nutseynut7
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I just bought a 2002 Electron Blue convertible Sticker new was 53,000
Car only had 14,500 miles on it. Everything is in excellant condition price was 20k. Love it. They are out there just look

Last edited by nutseynut7; 11-01-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by kingman
Hi

I can really appreciate a garage queen or something close to it and l'm willing to pay for it. But the is a point where a certain year and options is only worth so much.
They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Lou Marco
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by canada9
Have a 2002 conv. with 27,000 6 speed black, black, black with 3.42 gear will have to email pictures don't know how to post on forum. only mod is exhaust and radio but car perf in SC
Your car looks awesome! How much you asking?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by outwest nv.
Please move into a 911 asap.
I have to admit that I have only made my way through about 3 of 4 pages of this post so far, but am very disillusioned at your views of our beloved cars and their worth!!! It really doesn't mean **** to me that you have a coupe that meets your requirements (by the way, what price would you put on it in a sale situation?).

I bought my fifth 'Vette at the end of May this year. My second C5, both of which have been '99's. It was pristine (I have the pics to prove it), had 68,000 miles, from a specialty used car dealer (RC Automotive, absolutely GREAT guys) in Salt Lake City, Utah. I drove 600+ miles to view and take delivery of it after an exhaustive on-line and telephone interaction with my sales person. I drove it home, having an amazing extended first-hand introductory experience between the car and myself. I have driven all of my 'Vettes on a daily basis, year 'round, as they do not use salt here in Colorado. Don't even get me started on how great these cars are in winter conditions!!!!!!! Just check out some of Chevy's Winter Test videos on 'Vettes!!!! My car had been driven enough for me to know that the bugs and gremlins, if there ever were any, had come to light and been dealt with.

By far, all of my 'Vettes have been the most reliable, economical, and fun cars I have ever owned!!! I have driven this one for just under 6,000 miles already and it is exactly like all of my others.......PERFECT!!!! However, you would not like my car as, though it has the auto, Z51, and the 3.15 axle, it is a coupe, etc., etc.

If I could put what you are looking for in another vernacular for comparison, it is as if you are looking for a wife. BUT, she has to be eighteen, but no older than eighteen and six months. She has to be blond with a perfect figure. She has to have a very active libido, but only with you!!!!!! AND, she can have no expectations of you......you are free to do just as you please!!!!! Get real!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, by all means, get yourself in a 911 ASAP!!!!! I get the impression that you don't really like our cars, you are just trying to prove to yourself that what you want is impossible to exist for a C5. Save yourself, and us as well, the disappointment and go ahead and get yourself that over-priced, ultra-high maintenance, right-side-of-the-pond toy and we will all be happy!!!!!! Geeeeeez!!!!!!!

Just my impression and $0.02.

DSTURBD

Last edited by DSTURBD; 11-02-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
allred
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nutseynut7
I just bought a 2002 Electron Blue convertible Sticker new was 53,000
Car only had 14,500 miles on it. Everything is in excellant condition price was 20k. Love it. They are out there just look
Great looking car. Absolute bargain! Congratulations

Get notified of new replies

To Where are all the pristine Vettes?

Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
I have to admit that I have only made my way through about 3 of 4 pages of this post so far, but am very disillusioned at your views of our beloved cars and their worth!!! It really doesn't mean **** to me that you have a coupe that meets your requirements (by the way, what price would you put on it in a sale situation?).

I bought my fifth 'Vette at the end of May this year. My second C5, both of which have been '99's. It was pristine (I have the pics to prove it), had 68,000 miles, from a specialty used car dealer (RC Automotive, absolutely GREAT guys) in Salt Lake City, Utah. I drove 600+ miles to view and take delivery of it after an exhaustive on-line and telephone interaction with my sales person. I drove it home, having an amazing extended first-hand introductory experience between the car and myself. I have driven all of my 'Vettes on a daily basis, year 'round, as they do not use salt here in Colorado. Don't even get me started on how great these cars are in winter conditions!!!!!!! Just check out some of Chevy's Winter Test videos on 'Vettes!!!! My car had been driven enough for me to know that the bugs and gremlins, if there ever were any, had come to light and been dealt with.

By far, all of my 'Vettes have been the most reliable, economical, and fun cars I have ever owned!!! I have driven this one for just under 6,000 miles already and it is exactly like all of my others.......PERFECT!!!! However, you would not like my car as, though it has the auto, Z51, and the 3.15 axle, it is a coupe, etc., etc.

If I could put what you are looking for in another vernacular for comparison, it is as if you are looking for a wife. BUT, she has to be eighteen, but no older than eighteen and six months. She has to be blond with a perfect figure. She has to have a very active libido, but only with you!!!!!! AND, she can have no expectations of you......you are free to do just as you please!!!!! Get real!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, by all means, get yourself in a 911 ASAP!!!!! I get the impression that you don't really like our cars, you are just trying to prove to yourself that what you want is impossible to exist for a C5. Save yourself, and us as well, the disappointment and go ahead and get yourself that over-priced, ultra-high maintenance, right-side-of-the-pond toy and we will all be happy!!!!!! Geeeeeez!!!!!!!

Just my impression and $0.02.

DSTURBD
That was classic!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:59 AM
FLZapped
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hb32
At their prices, mine is really a bargain.
Indeed, but his market is for those who want to buy site-unseen and get what has been described to them. For that market, he has a sterling reputation.

I wouldn't bother as a walk-in, they really aren't interested in negotiating with locals. Found out first hand.

-Bruce
Old 11-03-2012, 07:01 AM
FLZapped
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c4gone
Just too picky imho
So? I was too and by being patient, I found a car beyond my expectations and under budget.

-Bruce

Quick Reply: Where are all the pristine Vettes?