Team Owner

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,296 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

You would still run 30 psi cold.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,226 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

30 psi cold front and rear will do just fine.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 AM
theheartbeat
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks guys
Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can always look up tire specs at a manufactures site. I found that the replacement pressure for my NT05's is 32psi all around on Nitto's site. The stock pis is 30 like mentioned. Id look up the tire specifically and see whats recommended.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

With original runflats, I run 30 front and 28 rear.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This age old question has been discussed many many times here. But for the benefit of the recently joined members, new to C5's, the information you seek as Chuck mentioned is in the owner's manual and on the federally mandated sticker located on the driver's side door jamb.

The tire pressure that is on the sidewall of the tire is the MAXIMUM INFLATION, and by no means is it the correct inflation for a C5. The various tire manufacturers have no way of knowing what car their tire is going to be mounted on - so they simply state the maximum safe inflation that is not to be exceeded.

The engineers that develop the vehicles are the ones that determine recommended inflation for the specific vehicle. It is an inflation that will deliver the optimal ride, wear, handling and braking characteristics based on the dynamics of each vehicle. Changing tires to a different brand will not change the recommended inflation.

What does change however is the air pressure in the tire.....as heats builds the pressure increases. Conversely - in cold ambient temperatures, pressure decreases. It is up to the vehicle owner to monitor the inflation to assure that the tires are near that recommended pressure. In the summer - 30 psi cold will increase as much as 5-6 psi as the tire heats up. In the winter, the tire will lose pressure by as much as 3-5 psi simply sitting overnight on a cold surface.

I live in Arizona - I keep my tires around 28 psi cold in the summer time, as they will increase to about 32 psi or even a little more simply from driving the car. In the winter time, I keep my tires at about 30 psi, but there are mornings that they have decreased to about 27 psi. Your results may vary of course, but the lesson to be learned is to monitor tire pressure - having tire pressure monitors is one way to accomplish this, in their absence check them with a pressure gauge. Under-inflated or over-inflated tires adversely affect the wear, handling and braking....not to mention fuel mileage. Use the recommended pressures as a guideline, but the ultimate choice is yours.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by blacksedan87
This age old question has been discussed many many times here. But for the benefit of the recently joined members, new to C5's, the information you seek as Chuck mentioned is in the owner's manual and on the federally mandated sticker located on the driver's side door jamb.

The tire pressure that is on the sidewall of the tire is the MAXIMUM INFLATION, and by no means is it the correct inflation for a C5. The various tire manufacturers have no way of knowing what car their tire is going to be mounted on - so they simply state the maximum safe inflation that is not to be exceeded.

The engineers that develop the vehicles are the ones that determine recommended inflation for the specific vehicle. It is an inflation that will deliver the optimal ride, wear, handling and braking characteristics based on the dynamics of each vehicle. Changing tires to a different brand will not change the recommended inflation.

What does change however is the air pressure in the tire.....as heats builds the pressure increases. Conversely - in cold ambient temperatures, pressure decreases. It is up to the vehicle owner to monitor the inflation to assure that the tires are near that recommended pressure. In the summer - 30 psi cold will increase as much as 5-6 psi as the tire heats up. In the winter, the tire will lose pressure by as much as 3-5 psi simply sitting overnight on a cold surface.

I live in Arizona - I keep my tires around 28 psi cold in the summer time, as they will increase to about 32 psi or even a little more simply from driving the car. In the winter time, I keep my tires at about 30 psi, but there are mornings that they have decreased to about 27 psi. Your results may vary of course, but the lesson to be learned is to monitor tire pressure - having tire pressure monitors is one way to accomplish this, in their absence check them with a pressure gauge. Under-inflated or over-inflated tires adversely affect the wear, handling and braking....not to mention fuel mileage. Use the recommended pressures as a guideline, but the ultimate choice is yours.

Get notified of new replies

To what tire pressure should i be running

Quick Reply: what tire pressure should i be running