Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dish guy slammed door into rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM
theheartbeat
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well thanks to those of you that provided careing input....So i went to my paint guy and got an estimate. He ended up quoteing me to do the rear bumper and both quarters. Which is great for me bc my pass quarter needs redone anyhow.

He had 5 vettes in for work to include a new ZR1 that someone just ripped off the road.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Qweklain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!
so what you are saying is if we DD our cars then they are considered beaters?

C'MON MAN give me a break, your car is sitting at home getting thrashed on your own property by the trash man, dish man, mail man, ice cream man, birds crapping on it, cats walking on it and pissing on your tires, kids without handlebar grips are going to get you next....LMAO!!!
Dude, this seriously had me cracking up big time!!

I just can not understand how some of these people that bought a C5 brand new, have under 20k miles, and are trying to sell them for stupid prices. How can you spend $40k+ on a car and just keep it in a garage all the time? That is like buying a house and only staying in it for maybe two weeks a year.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:39 AM
theheartbeat
Pro

Originally Posted by Qweklain
Dude, this seriously had me cracking up big time!!

I just can not understand how some of these people that bought a C5 brand new, have under 20k miles, and are trying to sell them for stupid prices. How can you spend $40k+ on a car and just keep it in a garage all the time? That is like buying a house and only staying in it for maybe two weeks a year.
Not sure about you but im the 2nd owner of my car. Its not that i dont drive mine its just that the roads and people out here are crap. We take it out on weekends. I walk to work and live on post so i have only a car cover. And 40K i pretty much robbed the dealer at the price i got mine for.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM
LouWags
Pro

That is like buying a house and only staying in it for maybe two weeks a year.
You're right. And that happens all the time too!

--Wag--
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
theheartbeat
Pro

Originally Posted by LouWags
You're right. And that happens all the time too!

--Wag--
some of you are just plain stupid...... Not everyone drivers their cars daily, some dont drive them at all (collectors ect.).. Have you ever seen a Barett Jackson auction? You know those cars that sell for a crap load.. yea those are the ones that have very low original miles. Not saying im keeping mine for an auction but i just like it fresh and new..
Old 06-15-2012, 10:12 AM
LouWags
Pro

Originally Posted by theheartbeat
some of you are just plain stupid...... Not everyone drivers their cars daily, some dont drive them at all (collectors ect.).. Have you ever seen a Barett Jackson auction? You know those cars that sell for a crap load.. yea those are the ones that have very low original miles. Not saying im keeping mine for an auction but i just like it fresh and new..
Don't get me wrong, if I had the disposal cash, I'd have a garage the size of New Jersey and more cars than a person could drive in a year! And never drive 'em!

It's still crazy, though.

--Wag--
Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Qweklain
Racer

I completely understand that, but my statement was based on the fact that probably 90%+ of the type of people I mentioned are not collectors. I do not think everyone has to DD them, but the logic of a lot of these owners of these low mile non-collectors just makes no sense to me. Idiot drivers are everywhere, does not matter where you are unfortunately.

LouWags, I too would have quite a few cars if I had the cash. However I would only need space for maybe 10, if even that many.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,670 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Originally Posted by STALION
I've seen plenty of daily drivers that still look very good. That being said, if someone has a low miles car that they only drive on Sunday, I have no problem with that either.

Mine isn't a daily driver but it's not a garage queen either. All you have to do really is take care and mind your surroundings. When I drive my car and park it, it is rarely out of eyesight. On the rare occasion that I drive it to walmart or a grocery store I park as far away as possible from everyone else. It's the little things that you can do to lessen the chance of having a dink hit your car.
I have two C5s. One is a garage queen and the other is a DD. I don't want a chip or scratch on either of them. Some people just don't give a chitt about other's property.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by baxsom
It is a 12 year old car. Drive it. I drive my C5 every single day rain or shine. If it gets scratched, I have touch up paint.
That tells me that you are one of the door swingers. If you don't care about your own car , you sure won't care about mine. Just hope I never see it if it happens.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 AM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM
theheartbeat
Pro

[QUOTE=Idiot drivers are everywhere, does not matter where you are unfortunately.
[/QUOTE]

Fail....

I live in #1 and 2 worst drivers in US.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
theheartbeat
Pro

Originally Posted by bj1k
That tells me that you are one of the door swingers. If you don't care about your own car , you sure won't care about mine. Just hope I never see it if it happens.

Finally someone like me
Old 06-15-2012, 03:15 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,344 Likes on 1,095 Posts

Speaking of camaros ive got one 4u. Our dd car is a z28 camaro 94. I caught a dude throw his door open onto the car. Hit right where the door side molding is. Guess what this guy told me. He says well thats what those side moldings are for. Im like u stuPid soab yea they are there to protect the door but now i have a huge chip in my damn side molding.
And of course, after he walked away from his car, you calmly got out of the Camaro, planted your "size 12" right square in the middle of his door with all your might, then drove off.....RIGHT??

Old 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Merlin02
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ahh good old state of maryland residents once again. Im currently fighting with oe wheels bc they sent me a bent wheel.

Six months ago to pos trash man hit and scratched my bumper with a can. My word aginst theirs so the smallmscratch is still there.

And now i come off duty to my wife telling me that she called the police bc a dish installer swung his door into my bumper. Yet another small scratch. This is bull... At least this time we were able to get the police involved so these bastards will pay. My bumper needs painted after these two scum bags.
The police aren't going to work the case because no crime has been committed. Vandalism is a specific intent crime. The penal code says that the suspect must willfully, and with malice, do damage to your property for the elements of the crime of vandalism to be present. You would have to prove his/her intent to do the damage to prove it's a crime in a court of law.

All you basically have is a civil case for small claims court.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Qweklain
Racer

Fail....

I live in #1 and 2 worst drivers in US.
How is my statement a fail? Just because you live in what some random test says is the worst, does not mean that all the other states have fantastic drivers! Idiot drivers are EVERYWHERE, some more than others I am sure, but there is no avoiding them!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Qweklain
Racer

Just because he gets a scratch in his car from DD'ing it means he does not care about his car? That seems like quite the jump to conclusions if you ask me.

He takes care of the minor wear that occurs from actually driving the vehicle. How does that result in any indication on how he treats another individuals vehicle?
Old 06-16-2012, 01:53 AM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Dish guy slammed door into rear bumper

Old 06-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,318 Likes on 757 Posts

Just because he gets a scratch in his car from DD'ing it means he does not care about his car? That seems like quite the jump to conclusions if you ask me.

He takes care of the minor wear that occurs from actually driving the vehicle. How does that result in any indication on how he treats another individuals vehicle?
Thank you -- what a ridiculous assumption the poster you responded to made!

Mine's a DD with 103K miles so it is a ten footer. Really looks nice, considering, and I get plenty of compliments, both from the 99.9% of folks who don't check out every Vette they see for minor imperfections that distinguish it from a garage queen, and from show folks who like to see a Vette get used and enjoyed AND treated decently.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:28 AM
ZZ4Vetteguy
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

[QUOTE=Drumbum675;1581058376]

People kill me sometimes.... Just because you drive a CAR makes it a beater? Really? I just rolled over 100K on my 02. Lots of road trips to the mountains. Rain, Shine, dirt and snow.....

Any guess what..... it looks brand new....probably just as good or better than some garage queens. Its a freakin Corvette....it was built to drive hard and fast.....
Originally Posted by m6 c5
Who says you cant DD your can and keep it nice? Ive got 112k on mine and you would never know it, heck just yesterday someone thought it was new and I paid around 45 for it...
Amen brother...my vert is a DD, with close to 150K on the clock, goes to the track, and I still take 1st & 2nd place at car car shows...sure it gets a little dirty from time to time, and takes me a little longer and a little more elbow grease to detail it up before a show, but it is FAR from a beater.

Originally Posted by Argent C5
Thank you -- what a ridiculous assumption the poster you responded to made!

Mine's a DD with 103K miles so it is a ten footer. Really looks nice, considering, and I get plenty of compliments, both from the 99.9% of folks who don't check out every Vette they see for minor imperfections that distinguish it from a garage queen, and from show folks who like to see a Vette get used and enjoyed AND treated decently.
Very true guys...driving the car every day, it is BOUND to get small road chips, so I keep touch-up paint on hand at all times. But just because I don't cry and run off to the body shop to have the whole car resprayed every time I even think I see a small chip or scratch does not mean I don't have the upmost respect for my car or other people's.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:41 AM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

I think you watch too much T.V.

Quick Reply: Dish guy slammed door into rear bumper