Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for pics of Gunmetal wheels on Black C5's.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:38 AM
TheReaper
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for pics of Gunmetal wheels on Black C5's.

Just like the title says. I've been trying to decide on wheels for a while now. My Z has Black Motorsport reps on it and I'm just not feeling them. I can't stomach what factory Z wheels cost even used. And it's going to be a while before I can afford CCWs. So I've been looking at reps in Chrome and Gunmetal. But I haven't seen Gunmetal on a Black C5 anywhere. So if you've got Gunmetal wheels I'd appreciate some pics. The style doesn't matter. I'm just trying to get an idea of how it would look. Thanks guys.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Just like the title says. I've been trying to decide on wheels for a while now. My Z has Black Motorsport reps on it and I'm just not feeling them. I can't stomach what factory Z wheels cost even used. And it's going to be a while before I can afford CCWs. So I've been looking at reps in Chrome and Gunmetal. But I haven't seen Gunmetal on a Black C5 anywhere. So if you've got Gunmetal wheels I'd appreciate some pics. The style doesn't matter. I'm just trying to get an idea of how it would look. Thanks guys.
Sorry, I don't have a picture for you, but I saw a black vette with the gun metal wheels last time I was down at Thunderhill and it looked great. In fact it looked so good I had to walk up closer to look at the wheels and verify the color. Subtle and sharp.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
darkstar.c5
Pro

if you're interested, you could get a few cans of gunmetal colored plasti dip and do your wheels while still on the car, its cheap and can peel it off when you're done "experimenting".
Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
TheReaper
Racer

That is an idea, but I'm doing wheels and tires together. The original owner of the car put Z06 reps in standard C5 widths on the car. He sold the factory wheels for $500 in mint condition. Wtf? So, it needs wheels as badly as it does tires.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:20 AM
skeet
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not do what I did, I bought a set of 4 factory Z06 18"x 10.5" wheels. They are close to gun metal and are way lighter than repro's.`
$1000 for 4 at House of Wheels. They look great especially on a black or silver C5. It is all a matter of opinion but I think the are the nicest looking wheels made.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for pics of Gunmetal wheels on Black C5's.

Quick Reply: Looking for pics of Gunmetal wheels on Black C5's.