Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interest for Vert/Z06/FRC flared Fender Group Buy?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Default Interest for Vert/Z06/FRC flared Fender Group Buy?

Hey guy's. I have had a lot of pm's about our flared fenders for the Vert/Z/FRC. I am told by manufacturing that I should have these available late June or early July. I will do the Group Buy price on these at $475 + shipping $89-99. Only half would be due to get your name on the list and the balance plus shipping when they are ready to ship out. These will be the same as the Coupe fenders that are available right now. These are 2 inches wider than OEM. These will be a direct bolt on for the Vert, on the Z you will need to shorten the length of it near the Halo/Pillar. It will be a 10 second fix, so we decided not to make separate molds for the Z06. Below is a picture of what im talking about for those that didn't know the difference.

As the picture states, the Vert fender is longer in that area (and we used OEM vert fenders to make these) We figured it would be easier to remove that material than to add it. This will not compromise the fender in any way, it is not a mounting point etc.

Here are our fenders below for the Coupe, again these will look similar.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Borrega
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the flares your going to get on the summer ... will they fit a convertible??? If so they will need just a minor adjusment?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I will add is that the mold for BARE carbon, should be a perfect fit. Because the carbon wont be something you cant alter, unlike the fiberglass. Again, It is imperative that the carbons mold is impeccable or the return rate/feedback will be horrible.

Ill even pay shipping for a prototype and basically do what Stalion did with the coupe fenders and provide a vast amount of detailed pics (of the carbon set for a vert)

Either way this will gain a lot of interest, Will G3 be able to step up and make these?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Borrega
Are the flares your going to get on the summer ... will they fit a convertible??? If so they will need just a minor adjusment?

Yes these will be a direct bolt on for the convertible and just need minor adjustments to fit, like our coupe fenders.

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
One thing I will add is that the mold for BARE carbon, should be a perfect fit. Because the carbon wont be something you cant alter, unlike the fiberglass. Again, It is imperative that the carbons mold is impeccable or the return rate/feedback will be horrible.

Ill even pay shipping for a prototype and basically do what Stalion did with the coupe fenders and provide a vast amount of detailed pics (of the carbon set for a vert)

Either way this will gain a lot of interest, Will G3 be able to step up and make these?
I agree, they need to be perfect. However I don' think I will have G3 make them. If they did there would be very few C5 owners that would be willing to pay what they would want to charge. Our C6 diffuser that is in it's prototype stages is $999 at group buy price, so could you imagine fenders.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't wait I'm thinking about getting rid of the L5's for some CARBON CREATIONZ carbon fiber wide body rear quarters...
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
I agree, they need to be perfect. However I don' think I will have G3 make them. If they did there would be very few C5 owners that would be willing to pay what they would want to charge. Our C6 diffuser that is in it's prototype stages is $999 at group buy price, so could you imagine fenders.
Quik, I know exactly where your coming from, keep in mind tho... L5 and TPE customers are paying what ~$900 shipped?? and thats for a special too AND in fiberglass, so we're not even talking about what it cost to prep and paint yet....

Now lets say their fully prepped and painted for the car fiberglass fender cost $1500 all said and done, if you can make a FULLY carbon fiber fender for $1000-1100 that would be prefect because for people who want to show the carbon, its a slap on and go.

if you make this carbon fender LIGHT and around that price point you will also be attracting the mass of Autocross and Roadracers, not too many options for those guys. And lightweight carbon panels is one of them.

Just my .02 from how much bloody time I spend on here
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

i guess its just a long day at work..but i am confused as to the area you are pointing to shorten? and how you would do this..thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by momo20
i guess its just a long day at work..but i am confused as to the area you are pointing to shorten? and how you would do this..thanks
the open area to the right of the finger in the picture posted earlier should be longer
Old 05-09-2012, 03:29 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
Quik, I know exactly where your coming from, keep in mind tho... L5 and TPE customers are paying what ~$900 shipped?? and thats for a special too AND in fiberglass, so we're not even talking about what it cost to prep and paint yet....

Now lets say their fully prepped and painted for the car fiberglass fender cost $1500 all said and done, if you can make a FULLY carbon fiber fender for $1000-1100 that would be prefect because for people who want to show the carbon, its a slap on and go.

if you make this carbon fender LIGHT and around that price point you will also be attracting the mass of Autocross and Roadracers, not too many options for those guys. And lightweight carbon panels is one of them.

Just my .02 from how much bloody time I spend on here

Well I talked to G3 and we will look into it. We have a couple other things we need to get done first then we'll look into them.

Originally Posted by momo20
No that fender is already short. The Z06 fender on a Vert would be short (as pictured) but we used Vert fenders to make these, so if you put our fenders on a Z06 that area would have to be trimmed (as it would be a bit too long in that area) Lol, hope that makes sense.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Wicked99
Burning Brakes

Im down..when do we sign up?

Eric
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

I'd be interested, but matching my pearl paint is going to be a nightmare (expensive). But I do want me some centennial edition cup wheels...hmmm
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

No that fender is already short. The Z06 fender on a Vert would be short (as pictured) but we used Vert fenders to make these, so if you put our fenders on a Z06 that area would have to be trimmed (as it would be a bit too long in that area) Lol, hope that makes sense.
Peter, if I can offer an opinion...if your going to have the person trim the piece themselves for FRC's, it would make life a lot easier for them if the point where they needed to cut was outlined for them....similar to how you have the holes outlined that need to be drilled.

P.S.
I finally added modified z06 splash guards, and have been getting nothing but ooo's, ahhh's, and wow! when people see the car.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Spectre86
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

hows the thickness of the fiberglass? I have the carbon ZR hood and im happy with it. But never had fiberglass parts this large that would have this much fitment.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by STALION
Peter, if I can offer an opinion...if your going to have the person trim the piece themselves for FRC's, it would make life a lot easier for them if the point where they needed to cut was outlined for them....similar to how you have the holes outlined that need to be drilled.

P.S.
I finally added modified z06 splash guards, and have been getting nothing but ooo's, ahhh's, and wow! when people see the car.
That's a good idea but I'm not sure if it's something we can incorporate into the mold. Where's the pix of your car I'd love to see it with the splash guards.

Originally Posted by Wicked99
Im down..when do we sign up?

If you want to be added to the list for sure shoot me a pm. Thanks.

Eric
Originally Posted by Spectre86
hows the thickness of the fiberglass? I have the carbon ZR hood and im happy with it. But never had fiberglass parts this large that would have this much fitment.
I'm not sure really how to answer this, but it's not very thick. Maybe the same thickness as the oem fender?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Spectre86
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure really how to answer this, but it's not very thick. Maybe the same thickness as the oem fender?
Pete, I was meaning the thickness of the fiberglass as far as, I dont wanna hold it up and see pin holes or thin spots. Im happy with the hood im just a lil leary due to the 1/4 pannel being such a large piece.

Im definitely interested Going to check out a few more install pictures. When do we need to have an aswer by?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Lol yea they definitely shouldn't be see through. They are thick enough to sand if needed. Overall most guys have been really happy with them. Especially for the price.

Last edited by Quik Z06; 05-16-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Cannot wait to get these! Been waiting a LONG time for some affordable widebody kits...

Are any coupes with your flares running spacers right now with stock sizes? If so, what size spacer do you get for these? 2"?

Get notified of new replies

To Interest for Vert/Z06/FRC flared Fender Group Buy?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 PM
RJMC5
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I am interested. A couple of questions though.

1. How hard is it to pull the old and install the new (vert)?

2. I am running 295 18's on the rear, would it look rather odd with that size of tires?

thanks
Rudy from NM
Old 05-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Shad
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sign me up for some Z06 fenders. Will they require a lot of other modifications?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RJMC5
I am interested. A couple of questions though.

1. How hard is it to pull the old and install the new (vert)?

2. I am running 295 18's on the rear, would it look rather odd with that size of tires?

thanks
Rudy from NM

Rudy,

I don't think it's that difficult. Never done it myself but know a few people that have. As far as the tires, I don't think it would be bad assuming you add some spacers.

Originally Posted by Shad
Sign me up for some Z06 fenders. Will they require a lot of other modifications?
They should be bolt on like my coupe fenders. I mean they will require some prepe work, but shouldn't be anything crazy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interest for Vert/Z06/FRC flared Fender Group Buy?