Sponsored by:

seat foam

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Scotts vet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat foam

Has anyone put new foam in the drivers seat. Is the new foam very firm and uncomfortable at first?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
goodguys282
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I did my seat bottom and back last year and thought the new foam was great, not to firm at all.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

I have new foam..in the basement not installed yet, cant wait. Tell you this, it cant be worse than the tired old seat you are sitting on now. My back is killing me after a short drive, the seats in my old C3 were sooo much superior.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Dag Skagney
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I put aftermarket foam in mine when I got new seat covers. It is thicker and heavier duty and is quite a bit more firm and does sit a bit higher than it did but not uncomfortably so. Of course, the old foam was tired and wore out so I can't really say how it compares to new OEM foam. Some folks don't like the feel of the thicker stuff but it's fine for me. My son occasionally drives my car and is heavier than my 6'1" 240 pounds and he found it a bit uncomfortable.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 AM
wetelvis
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put in after market as well and it does sit a bit higher then what I had been sitting on. The wire had pretty much worn right threw the foam. I put down a old yoga mat cut to fit between the new foam and the wire seat bottom.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 AM
johnson-rod
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotts vet
Has anyone put new foam in the drivers seat. Is the new foam very firm and uncomfortable at first?
No. It's great.

It's like 'new car' firm.

Like your's are the first butt cheeks to dent the foam.

It makes the whole car seem new.

Be sure to put a covering over the wire 'springs' so the new foam isn't sliced up. That new feeling will last longer.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I put an after market "firm" foam in and hated it. My head was an inch from the top. It was uncomfortable on long trips. Felt funny on short trip. I'd adjust the seat constantly trying to find a good spot.

Bought an after market oem style foam from ecklers and couldn't be happier.

I also agree you need something between the foam and springs. Burlap, jute, piece of blanket, whatever you got. It helps keep the springs from slicing into the foam

Get notified of new replies

To seat foam

Quick Reply: seat foam