Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rice burner causes my vette to spin out and crash

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
olbear1962
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad you are OK, sorry to hear about your "pride & joy"..
Why is it that most of the "rice racers" on the road drive crap cars....... and like bloody idiots?
Is it that they have to proove something? Seen it in every city I travel too, just too many dumb a$$'s out on the roads these days!
One can only believe that Karma will get him! Hopefully he will not injure, maim or kill someone in the meantime.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Sorry about the accident, but I'm glad you weren't hurt.

I see it all the time down here in FL. I've seen jacked up 4X4 trucks launch off the expressway entrance ramp over three lanes of traffic into the far left lane on a regular basis. I know there are laws on the books against moving more than one lane over a X-period of distance but I've never seen a LEO hit the lights over it. I really wish they would issue more tickets for this type of driving vs. the boring 10 MPH over the limit when no one else is on the road. However, like everything else, the LEO has to be there to see it and most of these road cowboys wouldn't pull off their stunts with a LEO in the rear view mirror.
I thought it was legal to shoot these as****les in Florida??
Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 PM
vette99coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Same thing happened to me last week while in my daily driver. I was in the left lane to allow the feeder ramp cars to merge on to the right lane. Some lady didn't bother looking to her left, and she just merged alllll the way across both lanes and was headed straight for me. Fortunately, I never considered moving further to the left as you did---I simply jammed hard on the brakes and let her pull in front of me, avoiding any accident. I am surprised that wasn't your first reaction as well.

I did, however, get a chance to pull up next to her, flip her the finger, and give her the "you crazy bi@&%" gesture.

We were side by side and there was traffic right behind me. If I would have slowed down I would have probably been rear-ended.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:04 AM
wit2pz
Le Mans Master

Sorry about your accident, but I have a question... And I know this is an afterthough, but consider this... honk the horn! It's amazing how effective that is in these situations. We are not as quick to maneuver as we think we are to avoid an accdent, especially when the other person has no idea we're even there!

Also, the speed limit in that area is no less than 55 mph. Why 50 in the left lane? Why not hit the gas and get out in front of the merging crowd? You have the power underfoot, and it could very well have prevented a bump and spin out from a ricer.

I have made 9 round trips from Manassas VA to NYC in the last 8 weeks via I-81 to I-78 (thank GOD I miss all the tolls on I-95!) so I'm all too familiar with this stretch of road!

Glad you're okay!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a bummer.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Mecinoid
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bearphoto
It doesn't sound like the op stuck around for a police report. With about $7k in damage, California requires a report be made. Sorry the sob did not stick around. good luck on the repair.
In my case the CHP was too busy and I had to supply a report to their office in 10days. There was no injury so they wouldn't come out to the scene.

Below further info for those interested:

If you are involved in a vehicle accident that occurred in California, you must report it to DMV if:
• There was property damage of more than $750 or
• Anyone was injured (no matter how minor) or
• Anyone was killed.

Each driver must make a report to DMV within 10 days, whether you caused the accident or not and even if the accident occurred on private property. Mail the completed report form to the address on the form.

OP- I'm glad your not hurt. That is no fun, especially at someone elses hand.
I hope the body shop makes your car whole again. I hate it when I hear stories like this one.
Good luck for a speedy automotive recovery !!!

Last edited by Mecinoid; 04-08-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 AM
dcandel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oldtimer

F&%$*&@n ricer a--holes! I bet he had his baseball hat on backwards too. Sorry about your accident. At least you weren't injured. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Vetterthanyou2
Racer

I'll also add here in East Texas it's common knowledge that if you get hit, they'll run, if the their car/truck/donkey can't run....they will as fast they can. It's the RARE accident they don't bolt and show a Drivers Lic and Insurance. BUT only the legal citizens do that.[/QUOTE]

Trust me brother....it aint just East Texas. The number of....we will just say "uninsured motorists" in Texas is rediculous. Which is why I keep my insurance with a company I used when living in Utah. MUCH cheaper. And to OP, Im sorry buddy. That is horrible.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM
dcandel
Pro

Oldtimer

Originally Posted by olbear1962
Glad you are OK, sorry to hear about your "pride & joy"..
Why is it that most of the "rice racers" on the road drive crap cars....... and like bloody idiots?
Is it that they have to proove something? Seen it in every city I travel too, just too many dumb a$$'s out on the roads these days!
One can only believe that Karma will get him! Hopefully he will not injure, maim or kill someone in the meantime.
They watch too many movies!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 AM
M3MOTORSPORTS
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

.40 Caliber Glock camera
Old 04-08-2012, 10:54 AM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by M3MOTORSPORTS
.40 Caliber Glock camera
Old 04-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
Sorry about the car, but explain again how his front end clipped your front end when you were moving back to the right. I'm trying to picture it but it seems like one or the other had to be the back end.
so what really happened is i saw this ricer coming up and i decided to take off traction control and gunned it and spun out into a guard rail.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Big Duk
Pro

Being rear ended would have been better, at least you could have gotten them stopped. Sounds wierd to me. Just sayin
Old 04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,238 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Duk
Being rear ended would have been better, at least you could have gotten them stopped. Sounds wierd to me. Just sayin
Agreed. Would have had a chance of the people behind him seeing the chaos and hitting the brakes as well. Oh, well. Hindsight is always 20/20. At least he didn't get injured.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by vette99coupe
I was traveling in the left lane he was in the right lane beside me and heading into my lane. there was a guard rail on my left his right left bumper apparently hit my right front bumper/quarter panel and that caused me to lose control and start spinning.
I would suggest you get your insurance story straight.

What is a "right left bumper"?

If he came into your lane he would have clipped his left rear to your right front causing him to spin out.

You having a rear wheel drive will not spin around from being hit at the front nose.

Good story tho.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:46 AM
b.lee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vette99coupe
We were side by side and there was traffic right behind me. If I would have slowed down I would have probably been rear-ended.

probably sounds a lot better than definitely.

You need a big rusty truck if you need to 'make room' on the road
Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 PM
rebelheart
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone driving in the left lane on an interstate highway at 50 mph is a danger all by himself!

Get notified of new replies

To Rice burner causes my vette to spin out and crash

Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Da_Whistler
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

That blows... This idiot drivers with no car control or patience. Are there any cameras on the highway?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Glad your ok, cars can be repaired, replaced but you can't..
Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Vetteriffic
Pro

What a shame...there are stupid drivers out there who just don't give a damn about others.....don't they have a concious??

Quick Reply: Rice burner causes my vette to spin out and crash