Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone trade their C5 for a 5.0L mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

I don't necessarily mind the new Mustang per say, but as far as I'm concerned Ford, GM, and Chrysler have lost their vision with these pony cars. Mustang came out with the retro look first, and soon followed by the Challenger and Camaro. All three have been selling well, but this retro look has been out for quite some time now and as far as I'm concerned, it isn't progressing the model brand. Even now it's selling like hot cakes, but this look can't go on forever. In this technological age why do these cars weigh as much as they do, and gas mileage sucks! Don't tell me it's a cost savings thing, that's BS. Composite material is much cheaper to make now then before so it leaves me to believe the engineer's have no vision for the short term or future. You want a sports car, stick with the C5, C6, or wait for the C7...or if you have a family get yourself an slightly used M3 or M5.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STALION
I don't necessarily mind the new Mustang per say, but as far as I'm concerned Ford, GM, and Chrysler have lost their vision with these pony cars. Mustang came out with the retro look first, and soon followed by the Challenger and Camaro. All three have been selling well, but this retro look has been out for quite some time now and as far as I'm concerned, it isn't progressing the model brand. Even now it's selling like hot cakes, but this look can't go on forever. In this technological age why do these cars weigh as much as they do, and gas mileage sucks! Don't tell me it's a cost savings thing, that's BS. Composite material is much cheaper to make now then before so it leaves me to believe the engineer's have no vision for the short term or future. You want a sports car, stick with the C5, C6, or wait for the C7...or if you have a family get yourself an slightly used M3 or M5.
I will never EVER own anything German ever again. They need to pull their heads out of their rear ends and figure out how to make electrical work in their cars.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Electron
I will never EVER own anything German ever again. They need to pull their heads out of their rear ends and figure out how to make electrical work in their cars.
I agree that their old stuff was horrid when it came to the electrical department, but their late model cars are top notch. Like with any manufacturer, sometimes things get missed and you have a potential lemon on your hands. As far as the big three are concerned, I think the time of the retro look needs to be done with, and a new modern version not connected to the past needs to take shape!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Personally, I'd avoid hauling young kids/babies around in a 2-door vehicle. They are far safer in the back seat and getting a baby into a car seat without back door access to that car seat is an act in frustration. The best handling 4-door out there (less than $40K) is most likely the Mitsu EVO. It is an incredible-handling car and it did place ahead of the Mustang in handling comparisons by various magazine editors. A used one can be had for the price of a Mustang GT.
The Mustang is a nice car, that's for sure but is not the best car to have if hauling young ones is required.
If money is an issue, the Mazda 3 sedan with Skyactive engine is a great choice, as is the upcoming CX5 with the same engine - not fast but isn't that what the Corvette is for?

Last edited by Dave68; 03-28-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

The wife and I purchased a 2003 Suburban LT today. This will be for our boat and hauling stuff around. The wife still has her Elantra and I will continue using the Vert as the daily driver. I can once again begin modifying the Vert since I have a backup car again. This should make hauling the kids around pretty easy for me. I really like it and with how crazy fast everything is selling in the economy right now we still got a really good deal.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:22 AM
z06 vett
Burning Brakes

Default i got one

I bought the 2011 ride fx sema show gt mustang. V3 head with all the goodies. Goggle it. 600whp. Tuned by monty johnson at jms.
i love it but i need an auto. Looking for a vett.

Quick Reply: Anyone trade their C5 for a 5.0L mustang?