Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat Piss problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
poppyboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I follow the thread because it's incredulous to me how some people actually defend such behavior. If asked, shelters will normally spay or neuter, then release them (TNR program), which is the best thing to do. I've done it several times with the ferals in my neighborhood. As a result, they don't reproduce (thwarting the actual problem) and are often more tame.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Baldfart
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by poppyboy
I follow the thread because it's incredulous to me how some people actually defend such behavior. If asked, shelters will normally spay or neuter, then release them (TNR program), which is the best thing to do. I've done it several times with the ferals in my neighborhood. As a result, they don't reproduce (thwarting the actual problem) and are often more tame.
I don't really see how this helps Zap City's issue. This will not keep the cats away from his car, if the cats are still around. You have to use a method to keep them away from the car.

Last edited by Baldfart; 03-15-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:08 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Interesting...

Animal lover doesn't like comments about harming animals, animal lover gets told to chill out.

Corvette owner doesn't like comments other members make about his car, other members get told to chill out.

Got it.

I know some people are joking around about intentionally hurting animals, but obviously that's not the right solution.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Zorlac
Burning Brakes

Cat-a-pult
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You need to eliminate the problem(s). Don't use anything that could kill innocent animals. Try trapping first. You can release them in another county.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
msebastianZO6
Intermediate

This thread is epic.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by msebastianZO6
This thread is epic.
NO sir..your profile pic, now that's epic!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
TheoZ
Instructor

I have a carport. There are a thousand ferel cats in my neighborhood. Couldn't kill them all even if I was so inclined. I throw a king sized flannel sheet over the top of the car and use clips to wrap some of it around each side mirror and stuff a little under each windshield wiper. When it is on there they don't get on the car at all. Without it one of them will sleep on the roof all night and leave muddy foot prints on the windshield and hood.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
rbrumm
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Zorlac
Cat-a-pult
now thats funny

they do have a spray that you can get from Petsmart the name is cat -B-gone or keep away something along those lines. you can spray on some rags and place on your car front window /back window etc. it may help. it has a strange odor , not to bad but cats dont like it . I had some cats pissing on the wheels of my boat that i keep outside under a covered garage area I sprayed it on the concrete around the wheels and they stayed away. any large pet store should carry a line of cat deterrent. I live out in the country and there is always some strange vermin running around. also Trapping as always kinda fun in my area , you can borrow a trap from animal control good luck

one last thing, one item that that I have used to get rid of the cat **** smell is a product called Natures miracle it come in 1/2 gal juggs

Last edited by rbrumm; 03-15-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by dadaroo
You need to eliminate the problem(s). Don't use anything that could kill innocent animals. Try trapping first. You can release them in another county.
It seems to me that just moves the problem. I don't like the idea of people trapping cats and releasing them in my county.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:10 PM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 04blackice
Wow.so the world has come to nut cases that would kill a human being..not a zombie.but a person before a dumb cat..this is our future folks..yeeehaww
let me catch you and a cat pissing on my car and see which one gets the slug.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM
cwis9992
Instructor

Originally Posted by LT1driver
for those that advocate hurting an animal I would rather blow your head off than hurt an animal just doing their thing, don't like my answer then eat $%$% and die....my 2 cents on what I think of those whose are cruel to animals or support it
on a constructive note, you could use that $.02 to buy a 22 caliber solution to the op's kitty cat problem now the potato to use as a silencer might cost a lil extra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaFDzrUWOEI
Old 03-15-2012, 07:40 PM
PETE O.
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
I use to have that prob, But no more.....lol
Mr.Bill

I don't see an orange tip on the barrel so I assume it's not AirSoft. I have a Thompson AirSoft that works wonders on cats! Once they take a few rounds of pellets, there's no comin back.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by PETE O.
I don't see an orange tip on the barrel so I assume it's not AirSoft. I have a Thompson AirSoft that works wonders on cats! Once they take a few rounds of pellets, there's no comin back.
No Pete, It is the real McCoy...lol, I would never use it on an animal. How you doing?
Bill
Old 03-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I had no idea this post would illicit such an overwhelming response! The CF! This place is the best.

Zap
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

MEANT TO BE A BAD JOKE,,,so lighten up out there!

pressure switch, blender, cat food

One funny thread except for the OP. For him, lay a big rubber snake on top of the car,,,rats, birds and cats with go nowhere near it. Might have a problem with snakes though!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM
billmiller8
Burning Brakes

No one has mentioned the easiest way to keep them away, just put some MOTH ***** around also good for keeping snakes from coming around just place around the outside of your house. also will keep other rodents away also.

Get notified of new replies

To Cat Piss problem!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Zorlac
Burning Brakes

Aluminum foil. Cats hate the feel of it on their feet. Cover the trouble spot with foil.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Dixiecrat
Pro

Southern States sells traps for racoons for $50. Trap the thing, haul it off 25 miles, end of problem. Put some catnip in it. Sooner or later those claws will scratch it.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

I have never had a dog cause me any problems with cars, but cats are another thing altogether.

Never had a cat "****" on my car, but they "have" killed several patches of my ground cover, but i guess if the neighbors don't mind the neighborhood looking like the ghetto, I should not either.

My problem is not with cat "****", but the damn worthless creatures "jumping" on top of my car. I keep my car in the garage, but one found me when I went down at the end of my street to pick up my mail. Got back in my car and "thump" it landed on my rear deck and managed to dig it claws into my paint ($750 repair). So, no, I would consider cats a bit more than a "nuisance" - they can cost you several thousand dollars for a new paint job!

One of my neighbors (who feeds the offending cat) dropped by my garage a couple days ago. He has a brand new black car that I recently saw him detailing. When he pulled up I noticed that there were scuff marks and scratches all over the hood and top of his car. I asked him "What happened?" He said "Oh, its my cat, it jumps on my car in the garage at night and the scuff marks are from the cover I started putting over the car to protect it, but they look as bad as the claw marks" REALLY!!! All of this vandalism just to keep a damn stinking cat around that will eat your eyes if you drop dead?

OK. Fine. If that is how they want to live, that is their business, but keep the damn thing locked up and not prowling around the neighborhood just costing everyone money! I love animals too (not cats so much), but if I owned one, then I assume I would be financially responsible for all the damage they cause! If they were not owned by some irresponsible neighbor, they would be getting bills from everyone who could prove damage, but most people like me just take it on the chin and don't say anything in an attempt to not **** off the neighbors. I could just see these people paying a bill for a new Corvette paint job - they would just look at you like it was an act of nature.

I never blame the cats for the damage they do - they don't even have a brain - I blame to dumb asses that feed them and let them roam free!

Quick Reply: Cat Piss problem!