Sponsored by:

Kwiklift closed!!??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerovette
For some reason I would be terrified to get under this. Like being on crutches and then lifting both legs in the air.

Very crucial to have reinforced concrete at a specific depth, to include re- rod in the area, where the base plates set & then anchored.

Another words, in most pre existing garage floors, the floor would need to be cut out in the column base area, footing dug, re-inforced concrete, to include re-rod added.

I believe you would be fine then.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
BTAL
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by bumble-z
Very crucial to have reinforced concrete at a specific depth, to include re- rod in the area, where the base plates set & then anchored.

Another words, in most pre existing garage floors, the floor would need to be cut out in the column base area, footing dug, re-inforced concrete, to include re-rod added.

I believe you would be fine then.
The lift he is referring to is a mobile two post lift. Not anchored and designed to be rolled into the corner when not in use.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by SoDiezl350
Not sure if this is a response to what I posted but this lift addresses all those issues. I too have a low ceiling garage and I do not want a lift permanently taking up space in it. It would take longer than 10min to take apart though.

The way I custom configured mine, it only takes 10 minutes both ways. I added casters and built some custom "stackers" out of powder-coated aluminum. Takes 10-minutes by myself since it does not require a "complete" tear-down.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
havocdog
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the MaxJax thing. Great product, tucks away and set up is very quick. I'm way too old to be crawling around on the ground.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Aerovette
8 foot garage might be a reason.
that was my reason. i have had a quiwk lift for about 5 years now and wouldn't be without it. it is convenient, easy to use, removable if you wish to store it against the wall. completely manual without the need for power access, etc, and unless you are from the "portly" school, it is very easy to work under. it's better and provides more access than a scissor "lift", and there aren't loads of reasonably priced options when you don't have the ceiling clearance.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
atmsrus1
Drifting

Originally Posted by SoDiezl350
I've recently stumbled on this guy. It's getting great reviews and it's portable. Even Costco sells it now.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...t21277&topnav=

I have one of these and Love it. Might be nice if it went up a few more inches but for a low ceiling it is perfect. I got mine on sale about a year or so back for $1800 shipped. The cheapest I had seen before that was over $2K.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
C5Wolfe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atmsrus1
I have one of these and Love it. Might be nice if it went up a few more inches but for a low ceiling it is perfect. I got mine on sale about a year or so back for $1800 shipped. The cheapest I had seen before that was over $2K.
I'm a 4 post man myself but that is one fine looking lift. looks perfect for a low cealing garage!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BTAL
The lift he is referring to is a mobile two post lift. Not anchored and designed to be rolled into the corner when not in use.

True the Max Jax can be rolled into a corner or where ever, when not in use....But The Max Jax requires 7/8" diameter x 4" drop in screwed anchor bolts, into the concrete floor, before lifting.
Concrete requirements are (Minimum) 2500-3000psi 4" thick concrete, not 3" or 3-1/2".
Old 03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
UncleFodder
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by atmsrus1

Love mine - goes just fine into a 4" slab most halfway-recent homes should have. I even bought extra anchors and dropped them in so I can have two different widths to handle more vehicle types.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 PM
DeanSprecher
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kwik-Lift for sale

I have a used one for $700.00 PM or call 503-799-0099
Old 04-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sbulla
Just sent another email. Got this response:

"Due to drastically reduced sales over the past two to three years and rising fabrication cost we can no longer sustain. We have been unable to secure financing for continuation. Effective February 27, 2012 we are forced to close business. All future correspondence should be sent to Kwiklift, Po Box 2952, Broken arrow, OK 74013"

Bummer...

Sonny
Anyone have them charge your credit card after this date?

A friend ordered another center-lift bridge from them months ago. They didn't charge his card or anything, saying they would do that when it was ready to ship. A couple weeks ago they charged him, but nothing has been delivered, they can't be contacted by phone or email, and no tracking number/etc had been provided.

Anyone else in that boat?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Z06ster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Aurora40

A friend ordered another center-lift bridge from them months ago. They didn't charge his card or anything, saying they would do that when it was ready to ship. A couple weeks ago they charged him, but nothing has been delivered, they can't be contacted by phone or email, and no tracking number/etc had been provided.

Hopefully, simply reporting an instance as described above to the credit card company should resolve that.

I will comment that these guys ran a shady business. And its a shame because I think Kwiklift was a great product as I own one myself and love it. About a year ago, I ordered from them a mobile drain pain. They never once answered their phone... I wanted to get more information before purchasing as the website had limited information. I ended up ordering it anyway and found the product lacking. I did manage to get a hold of them via email and arrangements were made to ship it back. A month later, I got my credit card statement and noticed they never issued credit to my credit card. I contacted them via email (again, they never answered their phone) and the issue was taken care of. Any reputable company issues credit to card immediately once they have received your returned item and verified that it is in the same condition it was in as when it was sent. No surprise they folded.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Zorlac
Burning Brakes

I wonder if they hold a patent? Hmmmm....
Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

His center-lift bridge arrived. They never sent any notice it shipped, and it took almost a month to arrive after the charge posting. But at least they only charged him because they delivered on the product. FYI to anyone else that had an outstanding order and recently got charged for it. It may be on the way.

Originally Posted by Aurora40

Old 06-04-2012, 02:58 PM
ncvettedude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Folks,
I have a barely used one that I am going to be getting rid of in 2 weeks when we move. Great unit but since I am putting double 4 poster lifts in the new garrage (so I can stack cars), I dont have a use for it anymore. It is located outside of Greensboro and I would let it go with the jack tray for 1k. Pretty much brand new condition and it is the big one.
Thanks,
Clint

Quick Reply: Kwiklift closed!!??