Sponsored by:

Where does your interest lie

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:46 PM
TorchRedRocket
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by baxsom
i just drive mine back and forth to work.
Originally Posted by sempi
My interest lies in getting from point A to point B, and looking cool doing it.
Drive it like you stole it, and it's your last day on Earth.

225K and it's not close to being used up.

Sempidr

I drive mine! Still puts a smile on my face every day after work. Sometimes I wish my commute was longer!

I do hope to make it out to the 1/4 mile this year!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:47 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I enjoy attending car shows as well as cruises with club members and some of the members and I enjoy slow speed autocross.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Manny De Leon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see--it gets me to work, the grocery store, the movies, dinner/date night, long trips to California and back, an occasional run to Home Depot, the less than occasional mornings at Cars and Coffee, and my daughter to her OBGYN appointments (yes, I'm gonna be a Grandfather). I wash it every week, detail it every 3 months, and praise Jesus daily for providing me the means to have it. It is stock and will most likely stay that way till the mod bug gets me...Oh and I take pictures of it, lots of em.

Last edited by Manny De Leon; 02-11-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-11-2012, 03:41 PM
fendermender
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have drag raced, autocrossed and done track days with other cars. If I get the urge to do those again, I will most likely use the TR8. I want this car for a high performance sports/touring car. I fear that if I take it to the track, I will want to make it faster. Been there done that.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:27 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Weekend toy that does canyon carving.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Jistari
Safety Car

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Mostly just driving for fun / relaxation and also some travel, although I am guilty of washing / waxing it way more than needed
Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 291 Likes on 161 Posts

I go the car shows(Carlisle & Maple Grove Raceway) Enjoy looking at all classic and modern GM cars as well as seeing them on the 1/4 mile track..
Old 02-12-2012, 12:42 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cruisin with "The Posse" regular drives ,and mostly going to Carlisle every August
Old 02-12-2012, 12:49 PM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

I'm not interested in car shows or clubs. It's all about cruising in the mountains and canyons for me. I would love to take it on a road course track someday.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 323 Likes on 264 Posts

I am a drag racer at heart. Been doing it for 30+ years. However, I never missed an IMSA or Trans AM or Indy Car race when they came here to Portland. I have taken road race driver training twice and have autocrossed as well.
I bought the Vette because I can do all 3 with it and drive it cross country. All I need to do is get it finished! Shooting for bottom 11's.
The Nova in my sig has 9.0 potential, and I drive it to the track. Can't really do much else with it though.

Ron
Old 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I enjoy modifying my C5 to my taste, attending/participating in car shows and "spirited" driving that takes advantage of the car's design.

Most of my driving is on the weekend and although she is not a "garage queen", she certainly owns the garage!
Originally Posted by UberLegend
My vettes, all of them have the same purpose....to straighten horizonal curves, flatten the vertical curves, pass with authority, and look and sound cool on a slow roll through town.
with both of these. I've modded mine to my taste and liking over the past 4 years. Enjoy cruises with friends and spirited driving when the opportunity arises. Also due an occasional car show now and then.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
C5Wolfe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep it clean and lightly modded! I just drive it as it is basically just a car. I like Corvettes but i prefer "55" Chevys and "deuce coupes".
Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM
garrell.770
Racer

Like many I love my Corvette and all of them but I am a loyal, true General Motors man. Along with owning a Corvette almost always for the last 40 yrs. I always also had a Chevy Muscle car, some very rare and fast, I have owned 8 tri-five Chevys and a majority of them spent time on the dragstrip. I go to Wilmington. Ohio on April 26 to landspeed race on the Ohio Mile in my 2003 SS Silverado truck and fullt expect to come back with one and possibly three landspeed records. I also have in my shop a 1969 Indy Pace car Camaro convertible and my daily driver is my 1939 chevy hotrod truck, no power steering or ac and don't need a sterio because the headers have never been capped. You know if I did not have an album with pictures of most all of the non trader cars I have owned and my brother and wife did'nt have good memories I would not know anything of any of my cars except the current ones due to strokes.

Garrell
Old 02-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Jistari
Safety Car

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Too funny Garrell So basicaly you wiped the memory clean, still know cars and actively persue the hobby......thats a true car guy

Wishing you many long years to fill it back up.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 AM
garrell.770
Racer

For several months after the heart attack and strokes I wasn't aware of my surroundings, no interest in anything at all. I did not know who my wife or two daughters or five grandchildren were, I did not recognize the house I built thirty six years previously, I was blind and did not communicate at all. One morning my wife had rolled my wheelchair to the kitchen table and I asked her if she was married, The entire family thought I was so sick and weak that I didn't talk, until that day after questioning me and realizing I had total memory koss and taking me to the doctor, then a mri it was discovered I had suffered three strokes. Sometime after that my vision was restored, I had recieved Hot Rod magazine since I was a teenager and a stack of that and many other car magazines had accumulated. I picked one up one day and flipped through it and something stirred inside of me. Shortly after that one of my daughters and her husband pushed ny wheelchair around our circular drive to a building behind to the left of our home and inside were four beautiful cars and they explained that they were mine. During this time I had started reading volumes of books, watchimg CNN, Fox business news, history channels, public tv, and asking hundreds of questions etc.I remember Christmus of 2009 I did not know what is was or how we celebrated it. Jumping ahead, I now read thirteen car magazines per month, hang out at my friends hotrod shop and warch him work and ask questions. I parked the wheelchair one year ago in Dec. and stopped using my walker last June or July and depend greatly on my custom walking stick. In addition to the damage by the strokes I also have Parkinson's desease and rheumatoid arthritis so the walking stick will be my companion as long as I live. I have chronic, severe pain, especially at night in my legs.
I learned to drive in the parking lot of the local Highschool, and last Sept, went to N.C. and ran the Maxton Mile landspeed event just as a personal goal, but when I found out how close I was to breaking a landspeed record I went back the end of Oct. after some minor modifications to my SS Silverado truck and set a class recrd which I am very proud of. I am now making modifications to my truck which should add 50+ hp and I have everything in place to run the first ever Ohio Mile at the end of April.
I owe my survival and ongoing recovery to God, my Wife and my love of cars.

I make it a point to learn something new each day.

Garrell Patterson

Old 02-13-2012, 07:25 AM
VET IT B
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by garrell.770
For several months after the heart attack and strokes I wasn't aware of my surroundings, no interest in anything at all. I did not know who my wife or two daughters or five grandchildren were, I did not recognize the house I built thirty six years previously, I was blind and did not communicate at all. One morning my wife had rolled my wheelchair to the kitchen table and I asked her if she was married, The entire family thought I was so sick and weak that I didn't talk, until that day after questioning me and realizing I had total memory koss and taking me to the doctor, then a mri it was discovered I had suffered three strokes. Sometime after that my vision was restored, I had recieved Hot Rod magazine since I was a teenager and a stack of that and many other car magazines had accumulated. I picked one up one day and flipped through it and something stirred inside of me. Shortly after that one of my daughters and her husband pushed ny wheelchair around our circular drive to a building behind to the left of our home and inside were four beautiful cars and they explained that they were mine. During this time I had started reading volumes of books, watchimg CNN, Fox business news, history channels, public tv, and asking hundreds of questions etc.I remember Christmus of 2009 I did not know what is was or how we celebrated it. Jumping ahead, I now read thirteen car magazines per month, hang out at my friends hotrod shop and warch him work and ask questions. I parked the wheelchair one year ago in Dec. and stopped using my walker last June or July and depend greatly on my custom walking stick. In addition to the damage by the strokes I also have Parkinson's desease and rheumatoid arthritis so the walking stick will be my companion as long as I live. I have chronic, severe pain, especially at night in my legs.
I learned to drive in the parking lot of the local Highschool, and last Sept, went to N.C. and ran the Maxton Mile landspeed event just as a personal goal, but when I found out how close I was to breaking a landspeed record I went back the end of Oct. after some minor modifications to my SS Silverado truck and set a class recrd which I am very proud of. I am now making modifications to my truck which should add 50+ hp and I have everything in place to run the first ever Ohio Mile at the end of April.
I owe my survival and ongoing recovery to God, my Wife and my love of cars.

I make it a point to learn something new each day.

Garrell Patterson

WOW !!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you left one option out to pick up hot chicks

Not the way I use mine but just saying

Get notified of new replies

To Where does your interest lie

Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 AM
fendermender
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert 2000
I think you left one option out to pick up hot chicks

Not the way I use mine but just saying

I used to think that but I see lots of hot young things riding in junkers with dirtbags. Makes ya wonder.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fendermender
I used to think that but I see lots of hot young things riding in junkers with dirtbags. Makes ya wonder.
Yea I know right lol not my problem tho I am on the verge of engagement in the next few months
Old 02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I live in a rural area, and have a number of wonderful driving roads around that I can challenge myself on vaguely within the limits of the law (no more than 20MPH over), and no traffic ever at certain times of day. I DD the car rain, wind, snow, salt, whatever, and maintain it myself. My goal is to get a C6 Z06 with a carbon package and track it in the next 6 years or so. I'm in my mid-20's right now, and had only been out of grad school for 3 months when I got my C5, so I'm hoping to grow into it.

Quick Reply: Where does your interest lie