Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decision time: Corsa Pace Car vs. Corsa Xtreme

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Buggyman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Extremes. Before buying I called the factory and talked to a factory tech. He told me what a lot of people have said here. The Extreme is a little deeper tone like old school hot rods have, the Pace car is higher pitch. It sounds like you have decided by your post in saying you want the higher pitch... so go with the Pace Car sound.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

They are a good set, I've will be getting a set for my 99 so far the best price I've found was $948 shipped. I wouldn't buy use unless it a real bargain at that price. I love the touring on my 98. Was just a bit louder than stock.However when I added the headers,cross pipe,VaraRam inlet and re-tuned it, they became monsters without drone.
Awesome exhaust! There are better performance exhaust on the market,if you can handle the drone. Can't go wrong with these!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Bobd207s
Burning Brakes

Location: Cancer Sucks - please donate to Corvettes Conquer Cancer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Have the Pace Cars on my '04 and love them - plenty of growl when you step on it and nice and quiet on the hiway
Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 PM
CBILLY1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ever LT header system you decide on (and with or without cats) should run all the way back to your mufflers and includes an X-pipe. If you buy an X-pipe now, you'll end up removing and selling it once you install your headers.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by CBILLY1
What ever LT header system you decide on (and with or without cats) should run all the way back to your mufflers and includes an X-pipe. If you buy an X-pipe now, you'll end up removing and selling it once you install your headers.
So, if I buy a set of LT headers with a 3" x-pipe that will work fine with the Corsa exhaust, correct? Thanks for your help.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 PM
dcastellano71
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the extremes. Love the sound at WOT. I also couldn't make up my mind between the Pace & Extremes. Went with the extremes because for the 4 inch tips compared to the 3.5 inch tips. I also noticed on alot of cars that have the Pace exhaust that you can see the muffler hanging low behind the rear tires, didn't like that look. The extreme's have smaller mufflers then the pace.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Architect
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

You should consider the Corsa Titanium system I'm selling. Lighter than the Z06 Ti and louder than the Extremes. Very high pitched exotic sound from these puppies. They're brand new.

Quick Reply: Decision time: Corsa Pace Car vs. Corsa Xtreme