Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!need 99 fuel line diagram

Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 AM
427TTA4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!need 99 fuel line diagram

I need help finding a full fuel routing or diagram mainly from the fuel filter back.I have been trying to find one for almost a month.I have tried google but I have only found a 2001 but it kind of sucks and cant really see it.If theirs someone that can help me or ill even buy the full GM diagram if its a copyright non public diagram I will buy it.But thanks one again CF members
Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 774 Likes on 435 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

I have a factory manual for a 97 that I can probably dig up the diagram out of for you. This manual has pretty much helped me with with my 02 as well as my old 97. Things didn't change much.
Having said that, I know the fuel system has changed, since the 97 had a return line and the 02 does not.
I am not sure if the 99 is like a 97 or like newer models.
If the 97 diagram helps you, I will find it in the books somewhere. If it's different, then someone else may have to chime in.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:52 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 774 Likes on 435 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

That is the only general diagram the factory manual has. Hope it helps.
If you have a specific problem, then there are diagnostics steps for the specific areas.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:00 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Happy to pull any of the diagrams you need. I have them all in soft copy and you can pull up 99 specific pics. PM me with your e mail if you know which you need.

This is the extract and there are diagrams for individual components where you see the object numbers.

Fuel Supply Component Description
System Overview

Object Number: 406067 Size: LF
Click here for detailed picture of above image.
(1) Fuel Feed Pipe
(2) Fuel Feed Rear Pipe Check Valve
(3) Fuel Feed Rear Crossover Pipe (left tank to jet pump)
(4) Fuel Sender Fuel Feed Pipe (jet pump to left tank)
(5) Fuel Feed Rear Pipe (with check valve)
(6) Fuel Return Rear Pipe
(7) Fuel Sender Fuel Feed Pipe (jet pump to left tank)
(8) Fuel Filter/Fuel Pressure Regulator

Two fuel tanks store the fuel supply. An electric fuel pump attaches to the fuel sender assembly inside the left fuel tank. The fuel pump pumps fuel through the fuel feed pipe and an in-line fuel filter to the fuel rail. The rear fuel feed pipe (5) has an integral check valve (2) in order to maintain fuel system pressure in the feed pipe. The pump provides fuel at a pressure greater than is needed by the fuel injectors. The fuel pressure regulator, part of the fuel filter (8), keeps fuel available to the injectors at a regulated pressure. A fuel return pipe (6) returns the unused fuel to the left fuel tank. The fuel pump also feeds fuel through a tee with an orifice in the fuel feed rear pipe (5) and through the fuel feed rear crossover pipe (3) in order to supply the siphon jet pump inside the right fuel tank. The siphon jet pump transfers fuel from the right fuel tank to the left fuel tank through the fuel sender fuel feed pipe (7).
Fuel Tank Vent Valve

The fuel tank vent valve is located in the rear of the vehicle behind the right rear wheelhouse liner panel. The fuel tank vent valve is a pressure relief valve. When the fuel tank pressure exceeds a specified pressure, the valve opens allowing the tank pressure to bleed off.
Fuel Tanks

Object Number: 327638 Size: SH

The fuel tanks store the fuel for the vehicle. The fuel tanks are located on the left and right side of the vehicle in front of the rear wheels. The fuel tanks are molded from high density polyethylene.
Fuel Tank Fill and Vent Pipe and Hoses

Object Number: 43532 Size: SH

The fuel tank fill and vent pipe (1) is positioned at the rear of the vehicle on the left side. A built in restrictor in the fuel tank fill pipe prevents refueling with leaded fuel. The fuel tank fill and vent pipes connect to the left fuel tank with rubber hoses (3 and 4). Fuel transfers to the right fuel tank during fueling by a large rubber crossover hose which connects the left fuel tank to the right fuel tank.
Fuel Filler Cap

Object Number: 43529 Size: SH

Notice

If a fuel tank filler cap requires replacement, use only a fuel tank filler cap with the same features. Failure to use the correct fuel tank filler cap can result in a serious malfunction of the fuel and EVAP system.

The fuel tank filler pipe has a tethered fuel tank filler cap. The fuel tank filler cap requires a quarter of a turn to remove it. A torque limiting device prevents the cap from being over tightened. To install the cap, turn the cap clockwise until the cap is fully seated.
Fuel Sender Assembly

Object Number: 119525 Size: SH

A fuel sender assembly is located inside each fuel tank. The fuel sender assembly attaches to the lower side of each fuel tank. The left fuel sender assembly consists of the following major components:

The fuel sender.
The fuel pump and reservoir assembly.
The fuel pump strainer.

Object Number: 119537 Size: SH

The right fuel sender assembly consists of the following major components:

The fuel sender.
The siphon jet pump.
Two fuel strainers.

Fuel Sender

The fuel sender consists of a float, a wire float arm, and a fuel level sensor. The position of the float arm indicates the fuel level. The fuel level sensor contains a variable resistor which changes resistance corresponding to the amount of fuel in the fuel tank. The PCM uses inputs from both fuel senders in order to calculate the total fuel remaining in both fuel tanks. This information is sent via serial data to the Body Control Module (BCM) to be displayed on the fuel gauge.
Fuel Pump

An electric high pressure fuel pump attaches to the fuel sender assembly inside the left fuel tank. The fuel pump pumps fuel to the fuel rail assembly at a specified flow and pressure. Excess fuel from the fuel pressure regulator, a part of the fuel filter, returns to the left fuel tank through the return pipe. The fuel pump delivers a constant flow of fuel to the engine even during low fuel conditions and aggressive vehicle maneuvers. The PCM controls the electric fuel pump operation through a fuel pump relay.

The left tank fuel pump also supplies a small amount of pressurized fuel to the right fuel tank siphon jet pump through the fuel feed rear crossover pipe. The pressurized fuel creates a venturi action inside the siphon jet pump. The venturi action causes the fuel to be drawn out of the right fuel tank. Fuel is then transferred from the right fuel tank to the left fuel tank through the fuel sender fuel feed pipe.
Fuel Strainer

The fuel strainer is made of woven plastic. The functions of the fuel strainer are to filter contaminants and to wick fuel. The left fuel sender assembly has a large L-shaped strainer. The right fuel sender assembly has two strainers. The fuel strainer is self-cleaning and normally requires no maintenance. Fuel stoppage at this point indicates that the fuel tank(s) contains an abnormal amount of sediment or water. If a fuel strainer is plugged, refer to Fuel System Cleaning .
Fuel Filter/Fuel Pressure Regulator

The fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator is installed in the fuel feed pipe ahead of the fuel injection system. The paper filter element of the fuel filter traps particles in the fuel that may damage the fuel injection system. The fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator housing is made to withstand maximum fuel system pressure, exposure to fuel additives, and changes in temperature. There is no service interval for fuel filter replacement. Replace a restricted fuel filter.

The fuel pressure regulator is a diaphragm operated relief valve. A software bias compensates the injector on-time because the fuel pressure regulator is not referenced to manifold vacuum. The injector pulse width varies with the signal from the MAP sensor. With the ignition ON and the engine OFF, system fuel pressure at the pressure test connection should be 380-420 kPa (55-61 psi). If the pressure is too low, poor performance could result. If the pressure is too high, excessive odor and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0132, P0152, P0172 or P0175 may result. Refer to Fuel System Diagnosis for information on diagnosing fuel pressure conditions.
Fuel Feed and Return Pipes

The fuel feed pipe carries fuel from the left fuel tank to the fuel rail assembly and to the right fuel tank siphon jet pump. The fuel return pipe carries fuel from the fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator assembly back to the left fuel tank. The fuel feed and return pipes consist of three sections:

The rear fuel pipes are located from the left fuel sender assembly to the fuel filter/pressure regulator assembly and from the left fuel sender assembly to the right fuel sender assembly. The rear fuel pipes connecting the fuel sender assemblies are constructed of sections of steel pipe and nylon pipe. The rear fuel pipes connecting the left fuel sender assembly to the fuel filter/pressure regulator assembly are constructed of nylon. The rear fuel feed pipe has an integral check valve in order to maintain fuel system pressure in the feed pipe.
The chassis fuel pipe is located under the vehicle on the left side of the tunnel. The chassis fuel pipe connects the rear fuel feed pipe from the left fuel sender assembly to the engine compartment connecting fuel pipe. This pipe is constructed of aluminum with a plastic coating.
The engine compartment connecting fuel pipe connects the chassis fuel pipe to the fuel rail assembly. This pipe is constructed of Teflon® with a braided stainless steel covering.

Nylon Fuel Pipes

Caution

In order to Reduce the Risk of Fire and Personal Injury:

If nylon fuel pipes are nicked, scratched or damaged during installation, Do Not attempt to repair the sections of the nylon fuel pipes. Replace them.
When installing new fuel pipes, Do Not hammer directly on the fuel harness body clips as it may damage the nylon pipes resulting in a possible fuel leak.
Always cover nylon vapor pipes with a wet towel before using a torch near them. Also, never expose the vehicle to temperatures higher than 115°C (239°F) for more than one hour, or more than 90°C (194°F) for any extended period.
Before connecting fuel pipe fittings, always apply a few drops of clean engine oil to the male pipe ends. This will ensure proper reconnection and prevent a possible fuel leak. (During normal operation, the O-rings located in the female connector will swell and may prevent proper reconnection if not lubricated.)

Nylon fuel pipes are designed to perform the same job as the steel or flexible fuel pipes or hoses that they replace. Nylon pipes are constructed to withstand maximum fuel system pressure, exposure to fuel additives, and changes in temperature. There are two sizes of nylon fuel pipes used. A 3/8 in ID pipe is used for the fuel feed pipe and the fuel sender fuel feed pipe (jet pump to left tank). A 5/16 in ID pipe is used for the fuel return pipe and the fuel feed rear crossover pipe (left tank to jet pump). Heat resistant rubber hose and/or corrugated plastic conduit protect the sections of the pipes that are exposed to chafing, high temperature or vibration.

Nylon fuel pipes are somewhat flexible and can be formed around gradual turns under the vehicle. However, if nylon fuel pipes are forced into sharp bends, the pipes will kink and restrict the fuel flow. Also, once exposed to fuel, nylon pipes may become stiffer and are more likely to kink if bent too far. Take special care when working on a vehicle with nylon fuel pipes.
Quick-Connect Fittings

Quick-connect fittings provide a simplified means of installing and connecting fuel system components. The fittings consist of a unique female connector and a compatible male pipe end. O-rings, located inside the female connector, provide the fuel seal. Integral locking tabs or fingers hold the fittings together.
EVAP Pipes and Hoses

A roll over valve is molded into the top of each fuel tank. The rear EVAP pipes extend from each roll over valve to the fuel tank vent valve, the fuel tank pressure sensor, and to the evaporative emission canister. The rear EVAP pipes are made of plastic with a Teflon® barrier. The chassis EVAP purge pipe extends from near the EVAP canister to the engine compartment. The chassis purge pipe is made of aluminum with a plastic coating. The EVAP vent solenoid connects to the EVAP canister with a section of rubber hose.
Document ID# 307900
1999 Chevrolet/Geo Corvette

Last edited by DeeGee; 01-15-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,207 Likes on 13,924 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by corvettezman
I am not sure if the 99 is like a 97 or like newer models.
If I can remember my '99's fuel rail covers, I believe it had the single line just like the '00-04s.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
CustosOnLinux
Intermediate

My 99 C5 has a single line to the fuel rails
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM
jpulone
Intermediate

Default C5 fuel filter

Where is it on my C5? The factory manual doesn't even have a section for Fuel System, it's buried in the engine section and doesn't show where on the car it is located. Factory manuals suck.
Is it diffecult to replace and any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by jpulone
Where is it on my C5? The factory manual doesn't even have a section for Fuel System, it's buried in the engine section and doesn't show where on the car it is located. Factory manuals suck.
Is it diffecult to replace and any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks
Look at item #30. Left inside frame rail just ahead of the rear wheel.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...&searchString=

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!!need 99 fuel line diagram

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP!!need 99 fuel line diagram