To sell or not to sell???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 AM
pluslt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fendermender
I think you answered your own question.
If you sell it but end up paying 12-13 for another high mile car...what did you make?

I'm in the auto body business. I bought my 99 wrecked in Sept. When it's all said & done I am not so sure how much I really will have saved if anything. I sure don't expect to ever sell it for a profit. I do that with everyday type cars like Grand Prixs and Malibus. But it is the exact car I was looking for.

I think that sometimes you need to separate business from pleasure. That gets a little confusing sometimes when your hobby and business are so closely related. We all like to have things that make us happy. If owning this particular Vette does that for you, I say quit counting and enjoy it. Go sell a couple other cars.
Agree with this. Simply based on the 25% profit my knee jerk would have been to sell it. But if you like the car that much, keep it. I suspect though if someone came in and offered you the "right price" she'd be out the door lickety split.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

If you don't love the Vette, sell it.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
TTK98
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep it!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 PM
92GA
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Oldtimer

If you really like the car, put your price on it. If he wants it for YOUR price, sell it. I was offered 4000 profit on my car this summer, but decided not to sell because I like the car, and couldn't replace it for less.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pluslt
Agree with this. Simply based on the 25% profit my knee jerk would have been to sell it. But if you like the car that much, keep it. I suspect though if someone came in and offered you the "right price" she'd be out the door lickety split.

You can always sell it later for breakeven after you have had the enjoyment factor. Some things do not have a price tag!

Quick Reply: To sell or not to sell???