Originally Posted by Oh 2 Fun
This too....shall pass
Old 11-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Breze84
Says the guy with a Mustard colored vette LMAO... Think you need to get your eyes checked when comparing cause they look nothing alike...
Actually, I think it's closer to road stripe yellow. At least that's the way it looks when I look over the fender of mine when I'm driving down the road. A Corvette is the only car I've ever seen that I like in yellow.

Now my take on the GTO......I had no idea there was a GTO that had been produced in the past few years, I'm sure it's a fine car and runs well. I've probably seen one and didn't know it. When I see a new Corvette, I know what it is, when the new Camaro came out I knew what it was, no one had to tell me. When the new Mustangs came out....same thing.....Dodge Challenger......same thing......The GTO....I just found out when I read this thread.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Kamauxx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suthunman
Actually, I think it's closer to road stripe yellow. At least that's the way it looks when I look over the fender of mine when I'm driving down the road. A Corvette is the only car I've ever seen that I like in yellow.

Now my take on the GTO......I had no idea there was a GTO that had been produced in the past few years, I'm sure it's a fine car and runs well. I've probably seen one and didn't know it. When I see a new Corvette, I know what it is, when the new Camaro came out I knew what it was, no one had to tell me. When the new Mustangs came out....same thing.....Dodge Challenger......same thing......The GTO....I just found out when I read this thread.
To summarize, you've been living under a rock the last 8 years.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 AM
TorchRedRocket
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamauxx
To summarize, you've been living under a rock the last 8 years.

You didn't know they produced a GTO '04-06?! And you call yourself a car guy? Did you know they brought the Challenger back?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:03 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

He meant that the GTO looks like every other boring sedan cause Pontiac didn't bother building a legacy GTO just a rebadged Holden. Even if you see one today....it has NO curb appeal or anything to get you to say ....Dang there's a GTO! It's like you see another box with wheels.

I could care less if it's got a rocket powered butt muncher, it's just Blah, blah, blah, blah......
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Kamauxx
Racer

Originally Posted by sfc rick
He meant that the GTO looks like every other boring sedan cause Pontiac didn't bother building a legacy GTO just a rebadged Holden. Even if you see one today....it has NO curb appeal or anything to get you to say ....Dang there's a GTO! It's like you see another box with wheels.

I could care less if it's got a rocket powered butt muncher, it's just Blah, blah, blah, blah......
Lol, no man. He said he had no idea there was a modern GTO until reading this thread.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Sure is a lot of love in this thread.
With that said.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Mr.Bill
Old 11-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by sfc rick

Glad to see someone got my point!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Mr.C5
Instructor

Take your time to familiarize yourself with potential issues you may encounter buying an older vette. The c5s have weird small issues that searching the forum will be a saving grace (i.e. Techron in the tank regularly). I came from an 03 Mach 1 and the C5 is just better. The only thing I miss is my navi and exhaust, so I'll be doing those additions soon.

My Mach, Ls2 GTO's and the C5 bases run similar 1/4 times stock. I guess if I wanted to be faster stock I would have bought a c5Z, but I have a targa top. Ladies love targa tops. Got a BJ from my lady the first day I took her somewhere in it. Can't argue with results.

Good luck in your search.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:38 PM
bgspot
Burning Brakes

Received 285 Likes on 159 Posts

I can't believe this thread has gotten so many replies. Someone post a reasonable question that can be answered quickly and half the time they get the "have you done a search" answer.........as if you are putting people out by asking your question.
Lol
Old 11-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Breze84
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well Its based on personal opinion, But I think the GTO is a sexy car... Ride comfort and performance is next to none for a GM car unless your going with a CTS-V or G8... Guys on here might say oh it looks like **** and just like any other car but fact of the matter I have gotten more compliments in My GTO then my Z06... The subtlety of the GTO is the best part, You dont need to stick out like a sore thumb with the car and its a Great sleeper that does some major raping...
Old 11-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Breze84
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My buddies, Stock short block LS2 GTO vs His Dad's C6 Z06... Not bad for a 4000lb "PIG" as people say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uKl5yH_Yps
Old 11-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Camaro_94
Instructor

Very nice GTO OP! Test drive a C5 and see what one you like better.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:01 PM
shayangto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Breze84
Well Its based on personal opinion, But I think the GTO is a sexy car... Ride comfort and performance is next to none for a GM car unless your going with a CTS-V or G8... Guys on here might say oh it looks like **** and just like any other car but fact of the matter I have gotten more compliments in My GTO then my Z06... The subtlety of the GTO is the best part, You dont need to stick out like a sore thumb with the car and its a Great sleeper that does some major raping...
THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT! haha i would love both, but i cant do that lol.

Plus, rfc rick, not many people dont really get "wow'd" when they see a c5 either.... just letting you know .. unless they look like yours and have a modded exterior that makes them stand out. custom wheels really make c5s stand out from the rest of the cars!

Last edited by shayangto; 11-24-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:03 PM
shayangto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr.C5
I would have bought a c5Z, but I have a targa top. Ladies love targa tops. Got a BJ from my lady the first day I took her somewhere in it. Can't argue with results.

Good luck in your search.
the girls really like the targa top, dont they?
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Mr.C5
Instructor

Originally Posted by shayangto
the girls really like the targa top, dont they?
It brings them to the yard, bro. Gotta beat em back.

Quick Reply: Should I sell my Brazen orange GTO for a c5? --- Pics of my GTO