Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got pulled over for too much noise!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Got pulled over for too much noise!

It's 7:30 AM and I'm going through Huntington's red light. Light turns green I accelerate to 40 mph (Speed limit) without barking the tires or drag racing. About a 1/4 mile down the highway going towards Lufkin I have the Red an Blue lights turned on behind me. I pull over in the Carwash parking lot knowing damn well I didn't speed or do anything wrong. As the female Huntington cop walks up I say what did I do wrong since I didn't speed or bark the rear tires? She say......now get THIS... "We have a noise ordinance".... NO KIDDING! I said.... "A what?" Yep!

She pulled me over in my Vette cause I made too much noise! Here's the funny part....I wasn't in a logging truck, not a Monster truck, not a redneck special "Ain't Skreered" branded hooppity, but in my Vette! I went to the City officies afterwards and asked what is the noise ordinance? They didn't know off-hand but would ask the Police Chief later and for me to call back.

I didn't get a ticket, not even a warning ticket....so why pull me over? She asked me where I was going though. She didn't even have a decibel meter to even know how loud I was, so I guess we are to leave it up to her to decide how loud....loud is? I know theres no way you can get one of those tickets unless you can actually state by a decibel meter how loud it really was. Come on!

I'm guessing she saw me in the Vette and decided she was gonna put me in my place..... She doesn't know I don't lay down and roll over. I'm always ready to get what I deserve when I do speed or whatever, BUT NOT FOR BS! I'm going to have a talk with the Police Chief and tell him what I think. She can do her job but needs a refresher course on ethics, but since she new to the job not to be hard on her.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:44 PM
4SFED Z
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks but hope there isn't an ordinance. Otherwise she will be sure to ticket you when she see you.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:45 PM
jetmech09
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=sfc rick;1579109787]It's 7:30 AM and I'm going through Huntington's red light. Light turns green I accelerate to 40 mph (Speed limit) without barking the tires or drag racing. About a 1/4 mile down the highway going towards Lufkin I have the Red an Blue lights turned on behind me. I pull over in the Carwash parking lot knowing damn well I didn't speed or do anything wrong. As the female Huntington cop walks up I say what did I do wrong since I didn't speed or bark the rear tires? She say......now get THIS... "We have a noise ordinance".... NO KIDDING! I said.... "A what?" Yep!

She pulled me over in my Vette cause I made too much noise! Here's the funny part....I wasn't in a logging truck, not a Monster truck, not a redneck special "Ain't Skreered" branded hooppity, but in my Vette! I went to the City officies afterwards and asked what is the noise ordinance? They didn't know off-hand but would ask the Police Chief later and for me to call back.

I didn't get a ticket, not even a warning ticket....so why pull me over? She asked me where I was going though. She didn't even have a decibel meter to even know how loud I was, so I guess we are to leave it up to her to decide how loud....loud is? I know theres no way you can get one of those tickets unless you can actually state by a decibel meter how loud it really was. Come on!

I'm guessing she saw me in the Vette and decided she was gonna put me in my place..... She doesn't know I don't lay down and roll over. I'm always ready to get what I deserve when I do speed or whatever, BUT NOT FOR BS! I'm going to have a talk with the Police Chief and tell him what I think. She can do her job but needs a refresher course on ethics, but since she new to the job not to be hard on her.[/QUO

It is probably that time of the month for her and she took it out on you!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
baddboyz03
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

was she good looking........hope somebodys hard on her!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,814 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by sfc rick
It's 7:30 AM and I'm going through Huntington's red light. Light turns green I accelerate to 40 mph (Speed limit) without barking the tires or drag racing. About a 1/4 mile down the highway going towards Lufkin I have the Red an Blue lights turned on behind me. I pull over in the Carwash parking lot knowing damn well I didn't speed or do anything wrong. As the female Huntington cop walks up I say what did I do wrong since I didn't speed or bark the rear tires? She say......now get THIS... "We have a noise ordinance".... NO KIDDING! I said.... "A what?" Yep!

I'm guessing she saw me in the Vette and decided she was gonna put me in my place..... She doesn't know I don't lay down and roll over. I'm always ready to get what I deserve when I do speed or whatever, BUT NOT FOR BS! I'm going to have a talk with the Police Chief and tell him what I think. She can do her job but needs a refresher course on ethics, but since she new to the job not to be hard on her.
When I first read this, I thought you were a young kid ranting about getting caught getting into it with: Texas Performance 228R-112 Cam, PAK Racing springs, B&B Exhaust, Vararam Air Box and Power Duct, Double Din Kenwood 5160, LG Street Longtube headers and xpipe, LS6 Intake manifold, removed MAF screen. And you got on it at the light up to 40 mph in First gear??? that would have brought your modified car close to red line, and without breaking the tires loose. with those mods and it being 7:30 in the morning, it got the cops attention... female or not.. I read that you are retired and not a kid.. I also read that you didn't get a ticket...What you didn't get was that She does not want to see you or hear you getting " into it" at 7:30 in the morning. Where you should have said thank you, You didn't get it... I am willing to bet if she catches you again, doing the same thing, she will write you... just about every municipality has a noise ordinance and it is monitored under the police officers discretion... Come ON???? she let you go... if she wanted you she could have written you for too fast for conditions as well, its another discretionary ticket...usually enforced by the municipal judge, unless you are willing to cough up a legal defense and loose time and at least 500 dollars.

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 11-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
zesstey1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddboyz03
was she good looking........hope somebodys hard on her!!!!
Bang bang !!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:26 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
When I first read this, I thought you were a young kid ranting about getting caught getting into it with: Texas Performance 228R-112 Cam, PAK Racing springs, B&B Exhaust, Vararam Air Box and Power Duct, Double Din Kenwood 5160, LG Street Longtube headers and xpipe, LS6 Intake manifold, removed MAF screen. And you got on it at the light up to 40 mph in First gear??? that would have brought your modified car close to red line, and without breaking the tires loose. with those mods and it being 7:30 in the morning, it got the cops attention... female or not.. I read that you are retired and not a kid.. I also read that you didn't get a ticket...What you didn't get was that She does not want to see you or hear you getting " into it" at 7:30 in the morning. Where you should have said thank you, You didn't get it... I am willing to bet if she catches you again, doing the same thing, she will write you... just about every municipality has a noise ordinance and it is monitored under the police officers discretion... Come ON???? she let you go... if she wanted you she could have written you for too fast for conditions as well, its another discretionary ticket...usually enforced by the municipal judge, unless you are willing to cough up a legal defense and loose time and at least 500 dollars.
ET you think everyone who post is a young kid
Old 11-01-2011, 06:36 PM
rdline
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stinks but she could have given you a ticket anyway and you then have to fight it in traffic court
Old 11-01-2011, 06:38 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I concur. I say push the issue and see how many POP tickets you get next time.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,814 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
ET you think everyone who post is a young kid
Compared to me, everyone " Is" a young kid....
Old 11-01-2011, 06:45 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Would have been HAPPY to get the ticket so I could go to court!

I didn't in any way rip it in 1st to get there. I went under "NORMAL" rate. ET!

AND if she thinks it's gonna be easy to hound me......There's laws against harassment! I also have a good relationship with the Mayor and Police Cheif as well as most of the cops. I suspect this was a case of misplaced effort to show the folks she's on patrol and in control.

Good idea for a "Go-Pro" video camera in the car now.

Last edited by sfc rick; 11-01-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:46 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

What exhaust modifications do you have? If you have an aftermarket exhaust I wouldn't be surprised because you are most likely breaking the law. You didn't get a ticket, be happy.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:48 PM
TomNMacon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PICS OF THE PO-PO She was flirting with you. Wanted to know your name, street address and age. Where you worked $$$$$$
Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TomNMacon
PICS OF THE PO-PO She was flirting with you. Wanted to know your name, street address and age. Where you worked $$$$$$
More truth to that, but didn't want to go there.

My guess was when she walked up and noticed I was an old fart....that caught her off-guard and in an awkward position.

I'm already shopping for a good orange jailhouse jumpsuit and hope the County allows Personalized name tags with numbers... like "Corvette Perp Z51" or something.

Last edited by sfc rick; 11-01-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Rick, If it were me I would let it go, She gave you a beak the way I see it. Why push the issue? You will gain nothing.
Mr.Bill
Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Corsa, Quiet when it needs to be, Bold when you want it to be!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Compared to me, everyone " Is" a young kid....
Well I wasn't gonna bring that up

Get notified of new replies

To Got pulled over for too much noise!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
johnsos30
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Rick, If it were me I would let it go, She gave you a beak the way I see it. Why push the issue? You will gain nothing.
Mr.Bill

She could have given you a ticket for it but didn't. If their is a noise ordinance in that town, you broke the law and got away with it.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

well, here's another thing to watch out for. going too fast on a curving 'on ramp'...yup, you can get pulled over. you know how we like to take it close to the G limit sometimes when entering a freeway, but watch out for this one...not many are aware it can get you pulled over...it's the only negative about coilovers...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM
TorchRedRocket
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it possible she spotted the fuzzy dice and wanted to see them up close?

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for too much noise!