Sponsored by:

Does Your Vette Have Floppy Ears?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:51 AM
MSUVette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98C5RT
Probably not your product that caused the rattle Marc because my stock visors rattle when snapped into the factory holders. The holders are plastic and I think that, over time, the holders have expanded slightly each time the visor is snapped out and back in place. The fix is to replace the holders too. Nice
replacement product though, I
will be ordering a set
soon.
My visors didn't rattle in the holders before I replaced them.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
MSUVette
Advanced

Okay Marc. Thanks for the awesome customer service
I received the new and improved visors and decided to do a little experiment. I only replaced the passenger side and went on a ride down a bumpy road... No rattle! Then I decided to remove the electrical tape from the driver's side visor and go down the same road... Rattle. It even rattled on the way back to the house on fairly smooth roads. Weird thing is, the amount of play between the two visor rods in the holder seemed to be the same. I then drove back to the house and replaced the driver's side and went out for one last drive and... No rattle! No rattle on my way to work this morning either

So the question is... What's the difference between the first visors I received and the second????

The first set you sent are on their way back to you. I assume you are going to try them out? Let me know if you experience the rattle. I want to make sure I'm not
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by MSUVette
Okay Marc. Thanks for the awesome customer service
I received the new and improved visors and decided to do a little experiment. I only replaced the passenger side and went on a ride down a bumpy road... No rattle! Then I decided to remove the electrical tape from the driver's side visor and go down the same road... Rattle. It even rattled on the way back to the house on fairly smooth roads. Weird thing is, the amount of play between the two visor rods in the holder seemed to be the same. I then drove back to the house and replaced the driver's side and went out for one last drive and... No rattle! No rattle on my way to work this morning either

So the question is... What's the difference between the first visors I received and the second????

The first set you sent are on their way back to you. I assume you are going to try them out? Let me know if you experience the rattle. I want to make sure I'm not
I have no idea what would be the difference. We do not make these in house. I will check to see what was wrong with them.

The important thing is no more rattling.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Funnone
Racer

Homelink.......
Old 03-16-2012, 02:23 PM
dougbfresh
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Do they use those same tiny plastic pins that break off inside causing the mirror to come loose?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 PM
VET IT B
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Funnone
Homelink.......
DITTO!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 PM
breeze01
Intermediate

Add me to the list of those waiting for homelink!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:47 PM
thefazio
Instructor

Do you still have these available? My driver's side broke almost completely and I just need that one. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Any news on the 50th Anniversary shale availability?

Homelink?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 AM
VET IT B
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GCG
Any news on the 50th Anniversary shale availability?

Homelink?
Push your supplier on the Homelink.

I think you would sell a bunch with that option.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Guys we are on hold until we can source out another manufacturer for the vanity lights/mirrors.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:53 AM
150kWh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
Guys we are on hold until we can source out another manufacturer for the vanity lights/mirrors.
Any news?

Seems to be a constant market for aftermarket sun visors. I feel forced to buy OEM from a competitor, nothing else is available right now, even on eBay
Old 08-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

On my car the sun visors stay up ok and don't rattle. However, the outer part of both flop around because the flat core material has cracked at the slight bend. What material was used by GM and what material do the ones you sell use? What will keep the new ones from failing the same way? Also, what's Homelink?
Old 08-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 150kWh
Any news?

Seems to be a constant market for aftermarket sun visors. I feel forced to buy OEM from a competitor, nothing else is available right now, even on eBay
We have found another source for these. The can be found here on my web site. C5 New Sun Visors

Originally Posted by Fast one
On my car the sun visors stay up ok and don't rattle. However, the outer part of both flop around because the flat core material has cracked at the slight bend. What material was used by GM and what material do the ones you sell use? What will keep the new ones from failing the same way? Also, what's Homelink?
Homelink is for your garage dor opener. We will not be able to get the homelink as an option.

The OEM visors have some type of particle board as the structure. The new ones are plastic and will never break or have floppy ear syndrome!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:30 PM
150kWh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
We have found another source for these. The can be found here on my web site. C5 New Sun Visors
When you're no longer sold out, I'm sure some other folks on this thread would appreciate the heads up. (And consider updating the OP too)

It's a shame about the homelink--on eBay I noticed a vendor who will modify whichever visors you send him/her to gain the garage button. I thought it was around $40. B2B for an upgraded version seems a no brainer to me, but what do I know
Old 01-03-2015, 10:42 PM
bleeper
Pro

We are sold out at this time waiting to find another source for the vanity lights/mirrors.
Can we get a version without the vanity lights/mirrors? Driverside broke again.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Clancy209
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

The EARS stay up, but the material is separating, so for now I bought some sun visor, sun-glass holders they keep everything tight and they look good for $2.00

Get notified of new replies

To Does Your Vette Have Floppy Ears?

Old 04-12-2015, 02:43 PM
jweb47
6th Gear

Default 2002 Sun Visors

I need a set of black sun visors or someone to rebuild mine. I notice this thread has been dead for a while so I thought I'd see if anyone could help. Thanks, all

Originally Posted by Clancy209
The EARS stay up, but the material is separating, so for now I bought some sun visor, sun-glass holders they keep everything tight and they look good for $2.00
Old 04-17-2015, 08:27 AM
jimcork1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jweb47
I need a set of black sun visors or someone to rebuild mine. I notice this thread has been dead for a while so I thought I'd see if anyone could help. Thanks, all

Me Too. Old Thread but floppy ears on my black 99 visors.

Anyone rebuilding? I could send mine to have rebuilt.

I ordered from Vendor in Oct 2014 and just got notification they can't get them.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:10 AM
jweb47
6th Gear

I hope it wasn't Corvette Pacifica...after I ordered a set, they called and said they were O/Stock until the end of the month.

Originally Posted by jimcork1
Me Too. Old Thread but floppy ears on my black 99 visors.

Anyone rebuilding? I could send mine to have rebuilt.

I ordered from Vendor in Oct 2014 and just got notification they can't get them.

Quick Reply: Does Your Vette Have Floppy Ears?