Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Your Vette Have Floppy Ears?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:05 AM
VET IT B
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GREENJOE
I too would be interested in visors with a home link. Please keep us posted as to when a visor/mirror/home link is available.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:14 AM
mfile2000
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price in the link comes up at $120, not $75.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by mfile2000
The price in the link comes up at $120, not $75.
There on sale for $120 a pair. Only 2 sets left!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Luv2Run
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
I agree and we have spoken to our manufacturer about adding Homelink and it should be no problem. I will keep you guys posted.
Any word on Homelink version?

Don
Old 12-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Luv2Run
Any word on Homelink version?

Don
Not yet. I have talked to the manufacturer about it and he said they will do some on the next run but no word on when that will be.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:00 PM
MSUVette
Advanced

Okay, today I went down my first road that wasn't perfectly smooth since installing these visors. Well, a rattle that I had never heard before started to make itself known thoughout the cockpit. You guessed it.... It's coming from my new visors It seems that the rod that holds them stationary was not made to the right spec and is too small causing it to rattle inside of the factory holder. I might try to disect my old visor to see if the factory rod can replace the rod in my new visors. If that proves to be too risky, I guess I'll just make a round with black tape on the new visors existing rod.

These really are nice visors and look to be well made but it seems that just a little bit of r&d would have shown that these things will rattle.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by MSUVette
Okay, today I went down my first road that wasn't perfectly smooth since installing these visors. Well, a rattle that I had never heard before started to make itself known thoughout the cockpit. You guessed it.... It's coming from my new visors It seems that the rod that holds them stationary was not made to the right spec and is too small causing it to rattle inside of the factory holder. I might try to disect my old visor to see if the factory rod can replace the rod in my new visors. If that proves to be too risky, I guess I'll just make a round with black tape on the new visors existing rod.

These really are nice visors and look to be well made but it seems that just a little bit of r&d would have shown that these things will rattle.
This is the first time i have heard of this. I have sold 100 pairs or more and run these in my personal car. We will be happy to send you a replacement visor. Let me know.

Marc
Old 12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
MSUVette
Advanced

This is the first time i have heard of this. I have sold 100 pairs or more and run these in my personal car. We will be happy to send you a replacement visor. Let me know.

Marc
Thanks for the quick response

What would make replacement visors any different than these? I would blame it on the factory holders for the rods but my factory visors did not rattle at this location (only the driver's mirror rattled).

I guess we can exchange one to see if the problem goes away, and if it does then we can exchange the other as well?

Edit: I'll be in Nashville this weekend if you want to exchange in person to eliminate shipping cost. Unfortunately I won't be in the car though.

Last edited by MSUVette; 12-28-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Thanks for the quick response

What would make replacement visors any different than these? I would blame it on the factory holders for the rods but my factory visors did not rattle at this location (only the driver's mirror rattled).

I guess we can exchange one to see if the problem goes away, and if it does then we can exchange the other as well?

These do not rattle. Im not sure if you got a bad visor or if you broke on of the clips on installation. Both are possible. Regardless im here to make it right. We do not want your visors rattling.

Are both rattling?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:47 PM
MSUVette
Advanced

These do not rattle. Im not sure if you got a bad visor or if you broke on of the clips on installation. Both are possible. Regardless im here to make it right. We do not want your visors rattling.

Are both rattling?
Definitely did not break anything when installing. Installation went very smooth. I know the rattle is coming from the rod because it ceases when I hold it at the rod itself or when I detach it and let it hang there without being connected.

Yes both are rattling in stereo

Last edited by MSUVette; 12-28-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by tslick98
Got my set for Christmas and installed them yesterday. The right side was very easy, getting the left one out was a real pain. It did not want to budge at all, and being that the part where you insert the screwdriver is plastic, yep you guessed it, after a few tries, the slot would no longer hold the screwdriver. After chuncking the screwdriver across the garage, then having to pull it out of the wall i finally cooled down enough to think the problem through. I then took the targa top off the car, pulled the upper inside windshield trim back a little, sprayed some WD40 on the inside of the cup that houses the visor rod. I then got one of my gallon paint can openers to put in what was left of the slot. The slight bend on the end allowed it to grip into the plastic piece and the visor came out with ease. Wished i would have thought about the WD40 first before all the aggrivation began. They do look great. Hope this helps somebody.
Great post -- thanks for the WD-40 tip!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Willby70
Instructor

Just installed. Took a minute to figure out the instructions, but the screwdriver is to lock the ring and the bent elbow so you can twist entire assemble together and swing towards door window. Also the locking piece in the mounting bezel has three triangles, only one of these ends are rounded at the tip. These need to match inner bezel for the visor. Getting it to completely lock back in takes some coaxing, out of fear of breaking some plastic, but rotate toward windowshield will do the trick. Took me 3-4 times to nail it, but it was because I failed to rotate completely. I stopped about 45 degrees but need to go the 90 degrees. 15 minutes first one and 3 minutes second.

Last edited by Willby70; 12-28-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
ROJ#79
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Say Goodbye to Floppy Ears!

We now have these in stock for your C5. They are new reproduction and far exceed what we got from GM. They come ready to install! They also come with new air bag warning stickers.

We are in the process of getting the Anniversary Shale visors into production. We will have them in the future.

These are a great option for the tired C5 Visors.

Backed by a 1 year warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied I will pay for return shipping and issue a refund.

$75 for one.
$150 a pair.

Here is a link to order: http://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?l...t_detail&p=319

Here are the instructions from the GM service manual:

Sunshade Replacement
Removal Procedure

1.Tilt the sunshade down toward the windshield.
2.Insert a flat head screwdriver blade into the slot in the sunshade inner bezel.
3.Using the screwdriver against the elbow of the sunshade arm for leverage pull down on the sunshade arm while rotating the sunshade outboard until the sunshade stops. (the first tab disengages).
4.Push up on the sunshade and continue rotating the sunshade outboard until the sunshade with the inner bezel disengages from the mounting bezel.

5.Disconnect the electrical connector.
6.Remove the sunshade.
7.Disassemble as necessary.
If removing the mounting bezel, pull the bezel from the garnish molding with your fingers.
If replacing the inner bezel, remove the bezel from the sunshade shaft and press the new bezel onto the shaft.

Installation Procedure

1.Route the harness through the mounting bezel.
2.Insert the mounting bezel into the garnish molding engaging the snap fingers.
3.Connect the harness to the sunshade electrical connector.
4.Push the connector up through the bezel and through the hole in the garnish molding.
5.Position the sunshade approximately midway between the windshield and the side of the vehicle.
6.Insert the rod with inner bezel firmly attached fully into the mounting bezel.
7.Rotate the sunshade toward the center line of the vehicle until the sunshade locks in place.
I wish you had them with a remote door opener in them
Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 PM
red-in-la
Instructor

I need 'em in light oak.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Definitely did not break anything when installing. Installation went very smooth. I know the rattle is coming from the rod because it ceases when I hold it at the rod itself or when I detach it and let it hang there without being connected.

Yes both are rattling in stereo

I will send you out another set today. Give me your name or invoice #.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM
MSUVette
Advanced

Order number 10336

Thanks and I'll give them a shot! I wrapped them one time around with electrical tape last night and it stopped the rattle. Will there be a return label for me to send the ones I have now back?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Order number 10336

Thanks and I'll give them a shot! I wrapped them one time around with electrical tape last night and it stopped the rattle. Will there be a return label for me to send the ones I have now back?
Yes i will put a return label inside the box. UPS tracking # 1Z0893V70340009478

Last edited by Marc@Vettenuts.net; 12-29-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Does Your Vette Have Floppy Ears?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:21 AM
98C5RT
Burning Brakes

Location: Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Republic of Texas

Probably not your product that caused the rattle Marc because my stock visors rattle when snapped into the factory holders. The holders are plastic and I think that, over time, the holders have expanded slightly each time the visor is snapped out and back in place. The fix is to replace the holders too. Nice replacement product though, I will be ordering a set soon.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Tripleblack51
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Kudos to you...

Great service.
I ordered my visors this past Wednesday morning. Marc told me they would probably be here by Monday, but I got home from work last night and they were on my doorstep!!
Good looking product...great vendor!! Have your number saved.

Pleasure talking to you Marc.

Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:13 AM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

This is why I buy almost all my stuff from forum vendors. The auction site vendors would not have done this! Great CS Marc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does Your Vette Have Floppy Ears?