Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed Inspection test - catalyst not ready

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:28 PM
shadowman1
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I talked to our inspection guy today and he said that here in Texas year 2000 and older can have 2 monitors " Not Ready " and still pass. 2001 and up can have 1 " Not Ready " and pass.

Dave
Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
oneshot
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowman1
I talked to our inspection guy today and he said that here in Texas year 2000 and older can have 2 monitors " Not Ready " and still pass. 2001 and up can have 1 " Not Ready " and pass.

Dave
Hey Dave,

Thanks... that is good to know. I have a 2002 so I am trying to get at least 1 Not Ready to go away. I have to drive the car around until I get down to less then 1/2 tank of gase before Evap system is tested. Everyone cross your fingers that loose connection was the problem with the Evap and I can get inspected.

Still no go on the Cat I/M test, so I am considering getting that magnaflow direct replecement catalyst system. I believe the part number is 93988. Does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks
Aaron
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

We had the VET for years here in Louisville. Vehicle emissions test. All our cars passes every year with ease, except my 87 Buick GN. I would pull the intercooler and flush it with gas, change the oil, clean my KN air filter, drive it to get the cats hot, poured alcohol and other solutions into the gas, all to no avail. I ended up taking it to my Buick dealer, they had a special chip they put in it, drove to the test, passed, came back and put my stock chip back in, all for $150. The car ran clean for about 20 minutes each year. I sold the GN because of this yearly hastle, 5 years.

I bought a new 97 Z-28 6 sp, the first test it blew straight 0's on every test. I loved the GN as it was my DD (as was the Z), but that blasted yearly test angered me.

My 68 Camaro with no pollution stuff passed. I did lean the 4bl, retard the timing, and increase the idle a hair, the 327 is so easy to tune.

Quick Reply: Failed Inspection test - catalyst not ready