Lewis Five MotorSports

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:59 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lewis Five MotorSports

FINALLY RECEIVED MY MONEY BACK THROUGH THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY - WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!

This is a follow-up on my earlier dissatisfaction with Lewis Five MotorSports.

First I am not in the habit of trying to hurt or badmouth but am just putting this out as a FYI.

For months they have owed me over four hundred dollars with a promise to finally pay by end of business on July 4, 2011. Since then I have received no return calls or return emails.

I paid via paypal using cash/credit card. Notified my credit card company today totally frustrated and was told that the time frame on a credit card dispute is appx. 109 days. Explained how this has been going on since January 27, 2011 and the reasons it has taken so long.

Well finally was told that if I had a recent acknowledgement stating they owed me the money that would be an exception. Went back through my emails and did have one from sue lewis that they would pay by end of business on July 4!

Sent all the documentation to Master Card Dispute center and now will wait to see what happens.

Have said and read always use a credit card and now keep a zero balance in my paypal account and only use a credit card for payment. New rule if I don't receive product or rebate within 90 days I will file a dispute.

Shame when you have dead beats that love to take your money but aren't willing to even acknowledge you as a customer or live up to their responsibilities once they have it. I know this doesn't apply to forum vendors, (dead beats) and Lewis Five MotorSports, contrary to what I thought is not a forum vendor.

So pay by credit card and don't let it drag out over 90 days.

Original thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...29-beware.html

Last edited by dquagliaroli; 10-16-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: added original thread
Old 08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
my02cents
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I could lament all day about the decline in customer service, all the way down to my HEB sackers who sack your groceries at the speed of 0.

Too bad this happened, I haven't heard anything good about LFM anyway so I'm not surprised and won't be getting anything there.

Hope it all works out with the dispute!

Mike
Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
jacks996
Jacks996
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

How did they end up owing you money?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Poor Quality

Originally Posted by jacks996
How did they end up owing you money?
I originally purchased four carbon fiber splash guards. The quality was horrible, called them and said I would not accept and seeing I was converting to a wide body still needed splash guards. Decided to go with fiberglass splash guards which are much less than the carbon fiber.
Seeing I had already paid for the more expensive ones, and was told once I received the fiberglass they would issue a refund to my paypal.

And that is where we are at this point. I returned the carbon fiber - have received the fiberglass splash guards but the difference - over $400 has not been credited to my paypal account.

Just received an email from sue that it must be a mistake because they did issue a rebate and will clear up with paypal. Stay Tuned
Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Doug you should probably add the link to your previous thread here
Old 08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,441 Likes on 14,050 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Hope everything eventually works out for you. No reason it should take this long to get a refund.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default It's Called Character

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Hope everything eventually works out for you. No reason it should take this long to get a refund.
In today's world if they had said we are having a cash flow problem - we could have worked out something.

It appears their approach is - don't respond/don't acknowledge and perhaps they will go away.

Being in business I am very familiar with cash flow. Have never missed a payment even if it meant personal cutbacks.

Waiting to hear back from sue with confirmation they weren't openly trying to scr w me but that in fact it was a paypal error. If that proves out I will retract all my statements and apologize.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default ttt

Fyi
Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
jacks996
Jacks996
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by dquagliaroli
I originally purchased four carbon fiber splash guards. The quality was horrible, called them and said I would not accept and seeing I was converting to a wide body still needed splash guards. Decided to go with fiberglass splash guards which are much less than the carbon fiber.
Seeing I had already paid for the more expensive ones, and was told once I received the fiberglass they would issue a refund to my paypal.

And that is where we are at this point. I returned the carbon fiber - have received the fiberglass splash guards but the difference - over $400 has not been credited to my paypal account.

Just received an email from sue that it must be a mistake because they did issue a rebate and will clear up with paypal. Stay Tuned
Ok, Got it. It took me 2 months to get my quarter panels and another month to get my splash guards
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 PM
rdline
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. In fairness, I had mine two weeks after I spoke with them - splash guards included.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
O4-/-C5
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ttt
Old 08-03-2011, 12:48 AM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Sorry to hear about your experience. In fairness, I had mine two weeks after I spoke with them - splash guards included.
I'm glad you had an acceptable experience, if mine was anywhere near the same "life would be fine." Basic communication would have eliminated the need for me to push just to get what I am due. To many companies that recognize the importance of good service and honest communication. Like I have said earlier, show me that the mistake is paypals and I will apologize.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pewter99
Doug you should probably add the link to your previous thread here
Don't know how to do that. If someone will explain I will do. The previous thread was "beware"
Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
4SFED Z
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know how to do that. If someone will explain I will do. The previous thread was "beware"
Go to the tool bar and copy the web address. Copy and past the address in the post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by NastyZ
Go to the tool bar and copy the web address. Copy and past the address in the post
I will get it..let me go look

ok...added to the first post here

but here it is anyway http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...29-beware.html
Old 08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Advice

Received a response from Lewis Five MotorSports:

They cannot use paypal because of a dispute but offered to send me a check minus the following:

Pay Pal Fee - $21.01
Re Stock Fee $35.00

At this point I objected to the charges and they came back and said that they would not charge a re-stock fee. But would not eliminate the pay pal fee. My feeling is that I had to ship inferior goods back to them, which was not my fault and was willing to accept that but felt they should elimiante the paypal fee because again if the product had been right I wouldn't be paying two paypal fees.

So I decided to let the credit card company handle and go with their decision.

Thoughts??

Get notified of new replies

To Lewis Five MotorSports

Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
JTsangNJ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to hijack your thread but now I'm worried reading this...Wish I saw both your threads before I ordered the Carbon Fiber splash guards which were suppose to ship last week...I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Just wondering if you have any pictures? Did you test the fitment and how did the weave of the carbon look? If it’s just pin holes in the clear I can have my shop sand and re-clear…anything else I would ship it back.

I received the front fenders within a timely fashion but my bodyshop wants to kill me for all the body work they have to do...the fitment wasn’t very good but then again it’s an aftermarket fiberglass product which 80% of the time doesn’t fit right.

As for the paypal fees, you don't have a choice but to use paypal. I offered a CC# but Susan said she will send an invoice which is paid only through paypal. So the fee shouldn't be your responsibility if the product was inferior. I think letting your CC company handle this is the best route to end this…going on since January?? That’s ridiculous!

When I spoke to Scott he said he hated making the splash guards out of CF hence why the price is steep. So why offer it as a product if it’s a pain to make, the quality is going to be sub-par, and have headaches like this situation?

Now I'm going to call them to find out where my SG are! Goodluck hope it all works out!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:55 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Received a response from Lewis Five MotorSports:

They cannot use paypal because of a dispute but offered to send me a check minus the following:

Pay Pal Fee - $21.01
Re Stock Fee $35.00

At this point I objected to the charges and they came back and said that they would not charge a re-stock fee. But would not eliminate the pay pal fee. My feeling is that I had to ship inferior goods back to them, which was not my fault and was willing to accept that but felt they should elimiante the paypal fee because again if the product had been right I wouldn't be paying two paypal fees.

So I decided to let the credit card company handle and go with their decision.

Thoughts??
My thoughts offer to split the difference take the money and run...cut your losses and be done with them.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by JTsangNJ
Not to hijack your thread but now I'm worried reading this...Wish I saw both your threads before I ordered the Carbon Fiber splash guards which were suppose to ship last week...I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Just wondering if you have any pictures? Did you test the fitment and how did the weave of the carbon look? If it’s just pin holes in the clear I can have my shop sand and re-clear…anything else I would ship it back.

I received the front fenders within a timely fashion but my bodyshop wants to kill me for all the body work they have to do...the fitment wasn’t very good but then again it’s an aftermarket fiberglass product which 80% of the time doesn’t fit right.

As for the paypal fees, you don't have a choice but to use paypal. I offered a CC# but Susan said she will send an invoice which is paid only through paypal. So the fee shouldn't be your responsibility if the product was inferior. I think letting your CC company handle this is the best route to end this…going on since January?? That’s ridiculous!

When I spoke to Scott he said he hated making the splash guards out of CF hence why the price is steep. So why offer it as a product if it’s a pain to make, the quality is going to be sub-par, and have headaches like this situation?

Now I'm going to call them to find out where my SG are! Goodluck hope it all works out!
I know the guy who has been doing the work on Doug's car in fact mine is there now. I recall him telling me about the disaster that these things were when they arrived at his shop. When he took Doug's car to the body shop the guy told him it was going to be alot of work to even get them close to looking good. I know Doug has invested a TON of money in his car and obviously doesn't mind doing so based on everything I have seen thus far so it really isn't a money issue it is a quality issue. I wish you the best.

FWIW Doug and I have never met but we have seen each others cars in the shop

Quick Reply: Lewis Five MotorSports