Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette tattoo

Old 07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Pewter Scooter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petedog2.0
some of you guys are ridiculous, so hateful and judging, I am thinking of getting one on my forearm so I can hang it out my window, I'd like all you "advisors' to chime in with your ages because I have a feeling alot of this has to do with a generational gap, "good luck getting a job"? really? 21st century, I have tattoos and am a hospital administrator, life is about living it, stop worrying what other people think, they're all sheeple anyway, I say we all get the palm of our left hands done so the wave has more meaning!, as far as taking time to have illustrations of vomiting etc, to prove a point, you guys need to get in your vettes and drive more, you sound like a bunch of uppity ******, there's a younger generation here like it or not, maybe the C5 board needs to seperate the old fuddy duddy keep it stock crowd from the modding, rodding younger crowd, of course age is only a state of mind but some of you sound ready for the cadillac forums, one moment everyone jumps on the guy for goofing on the guy bragging about his plain jane ride, then next it's scolding for self expression, ever notice corvette would look perfect on knuckles? pike letters hmmmm. as far as saying get other products you enjoy tattooed in a facetious attack, obviously these cars and the lifestyle it represents mean more to some of us than others, mod on, tat on, live to vette, vette to live will be my next tat, before you call someone stupid blitzkrieg, maybe you should run your post through spell check, that's it, gloves are off! I'm making it a point to get on this forum more often and flame the flamers!
You've got a lot of nerve posting something like that, then accusing others of being hateful and judgemental. The pot calling the kettle black, for sure.

I don't know what percentage of the population has jumped on the tattoo fad bandwagon, but it's a bunch. Everybody from kids to grandmas are doing it, and you have convinced yourself that doing exactly what everyone else is doing is "self expression".

Rave on, and nobody cares what you do with your silly little gloves OR how you paint yourself
Old 07-08-2011, 03:19 AM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

I got a few tattoos and have even had others comment about them. I could careless what others think about my tattoos.

That being said, I do have a C5 emblem on my right calf. Nothing fancy, I love the C5 CORVETTE the most of all of them, especially the ZO6/FRC but I do NOT plan on getting the ZO6 badge tatted on my body. Just not doing any more tats.

There is one tat I got when I was drunk, super drunk and a girl was envolved in the process. Let me put it to you like this...make damn sure you know exactly what you want, where you are going to put it and that it is YOUR decision, because every time I see this particular tat I vomit a little in my mouth.

There are a lot of people here with their opinions on what YOU should do and sometimes you really need to just pay attention to no one and do what YOU think is right for you. I will admit, that on different subjects, the opinions of a lof of folks on here have been very helpful and I appreciate it, but in the end, it all boils down to what I want to do with my ride, my body (speaking on the subject of the tattoo) and my life.

Micah
Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by petedog2.0
... maybe the C5 board needs to seperate the old fuddy duddy keep it stock crowd from the modding, rodding younger crowd ...
That may not be a bad idea.

s'noJob
Old 07-08-2011, 06:40 AM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s'noJob
That may not be a bad idea.

s'noJob
Well Leave the light on for us. Some of us old ones take a little longer than others....

Everyone has the right to state their own views because it was ask on all of our (everyone's) CF fourm.
If the answer you get is not what you expected or wanted its ok, and if you weren't expecting to get views in both directions why would you post it in the first place ... Its a personal issue this young man still has the right to make his or her own call cause the young girls love them to...
I'm sure the OP had his mind made up before they ask and yes us old slow ones don't think as much of them as the younger ones but we had our own day with hair to our butts, bell bottom jeans with peace signs on them and our list goes on and on.. Never have figured out which ear a ear ring is in means someone is gay or not. Didn't really ever care, I won't going to sleep with them anyway....
Playing on several different forums with the toys I get so tickled at how much these forums have become a driving force in a lot of folks life. You'ed think the forum was the most important thing they had to deal with .... < which is really really sad.
For those that enjoy the tats its their choice and for us old ones that don't its either funny or we're glad its on them.. Ain't it cool we all get to have it like Micky D's.......... Our own way...........
Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 AM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

Originally Posted by vetfeva2
First off let me say happy upcoming birthday. Mine is on the 12th as well. Take this from a guy who is in the middle of covering a tattoo right now. Don't do it. your children's name, you moms name, your last name won't change but material items and those that you may think will be in your life forever do. Just food for thought.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:02 AM
tonyh2000
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

Time to end this.

Search this Thread